• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite video games of all time

Almost forgot Donkey Kong Country, that was my favorite game for the SNES and it was hard as balls sometimes. Pokemon was the shit too, I had the Blue, Yellow, and then Gold versions. Stopped playing it after Gold as I was "too cool" for Pokemon at that point but I still remember them fondly

also GTA 3, that game may have been the biggest "wow" moment for me in gaming. It was the first game I played where I truly felt I could do anything with a fully 3D world. And the soundtrack was bangin (like any GTA game)

I think these are in order of release.
Baldur's Gate(PC)
Xenogears(PS1)
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and Tactics(PS1)
Parasite Eve 1 and 2(PS1)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(PC)
Knights of the Old Republic(PC)
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines(PC)- That damn haunted hotel level kicked ass.
The Darkness(PS3)
Mass Effect(PC)
The Witcher(PC)
Dragon Age Origins(PC)

I remembered this WoW video I took like 5 years ago and put on youtube. We wiped on a boss with 1% health remaining. So beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2omfl1YCTnQ

Haha Shazzrah, i remember in the beggining this boss was pretty much a 'free loot' boss. Then blizzard buffed him so that he would randomly teleport to people instead of just staying on the tank. We would also kite him along with Baron Geddon into Garr's chamber.. never had more fun in a game then doing those 40man MC runs, especially considering in the early days the boss's were accidently dropping Tier 2 aswell as Tier 1.. so i got a few pieces before blizzard fixed that. :D

Yeah we would have had him easy that time but one of our healing Pallys d/ced like as soon as we started it. He didnt come back on for the rest of the night and he was the only person we Soulstoned. By the time everyone repaired and got back in the trash mobs had all respawned. It made killing Rag later that month so much sweeter though. Garr was way harder than Sahzzrah though one of our warlocks would always fudge up on banishing. Too many people worrying about dps meters instead of actually trying to down the boss. Ah man I miss old WoW

1. Counterstrike Source PC
2. Grand Theft Auto Series
3. Mario 64
4. Pokemon Blue/Red
5. Starfox 64
6. Mariocart 64

...lmao, wtf? Any game that makes absolutely NO sense to people who haven't played, has got to be a good one. :p

Haha Shazzrah, i remember in the beggining this boss was pretty much a 'free loot' boss. Then blizzard buffed him so that he would randomly teleport to people instead of just staying on the tank. We would also kite him along with Baron Geddon into Garr's chamber.. never had more fun in a game then doing those 40man MC runs, especially considering in the early days the boss's were accidently dropping Tier 2 aswell as Tier 1.. so i got a few pieces before blizzard fixed that. :D

Yeah, back then I was working with a lvl 29 elkenzork, I remember team shitting on the peak of globjonk's lair right before he dropped a lvl. 83 xylenfrog LMAO! Much to my suprise my freeware cloud sourced lvl 8. reindeer armor rendered a catyo-bast and sucked all of our manna into THE END arena, so we casted a telebonk spell and ended up polishing off the night fighting black alligator spawns until all of our tc-HP1 AND (ahahaha and this, this is where things got WEIRD) AND our tk-HP3 were depleted. We ended up telebonking to the ospi-center, naturally glitch-hitching on the way there, and within zesder server 8, terminal 39d, yep, thats where I met my wife. (we traded inventory till the sun came up. I have to admit, she had me wanting to give away ALL my red lovespell berrissotti fruit, haha) Good times. I can still taste the bawls, buku, and sweat dripping from my nose! :p

Last edited:
lol it only seems so confusing because of all the shorthand and acronyms. If youve played WoW for any decent amount of time though youd be able to understand what we are talking about.

Sonic (Genesis)
Cyborg Justice
Altered Beast (Power Up! Ha-ha...)
Wipeout
Wipeout XL
Virtua Racing
Kings Field (KF II)
Kings Field 2 (KF III)
Doom, Doom II
Starcraft, and Warcraft before it
Hellcats for Mac
Quake, Quake II... Didn't get as into 3, or 4
Halo, 2, 3, Reach
COD4
Ultima Online sucked hours though I did nothing...
GTA Series minus the first two that I never played

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time
Generally considered the best video game ever made. I see no reason to object :D
Incidentally, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is generally considered the best game ever made for the SNES. Again, this is spot on.

AOE 2 is a fucken classic (shit, i still play it online if i aint got nuthin to do)
GTA games are good
Fallout Games
Skyrim, Elder Scrolls
Pro Evolution Soccer Games (fuck FIFA)
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
that all i can think of rite now

What a lot of people said earlier.

Back in the day: FFVI and VII, Resident Evil 1 + 2, Gran Turismo 2, GTA: San Andreas, Silent Hill (original), Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

More recent: Fallout 3, GTA IV, Assasins Creed 2.

Due to having a PS3 I wont say Skyrim, but if I had a pc or 360 I would add it on the list, amazing potential that game, just too many bugs on PS3 (when they going to fix that shit).

Last edited:
Oh shit, forgot probably my favourite sport game: NBA JAM!!! Boomshakalaka!

Loved the old one as a kid, and the new one ain't bad either, exspecially with two or more people playing.

Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of time
Chrono Trigger
FF3
Shining Force ll
Mario RPG
WOW
Mario Falaxy (whoops, haha, I'll leave that typo...)
Zelda Skyward sword
Uncharted series
Resident evil series

Wish I had more time to expand my library of games toward more of the complicated and awesomely intricate ones made today....

In chronological order
Star Goose
Commander Keen 4
Bricks
Doom/Wolfenstein
Baldur's Gate Series
Warhammer: Dark Omen
Neverwinter Nights 2
Dragon Age 2
WoW

In chronological order
Star Goose
Commander Keen 4
Bricks
Doom/Wolfenstein
Baldur's Gate Series
Warhammer: Dark Omen
Neverwinter Nights 2
Dragon Age 2
WoW

you played DA2 before WoW? Missed out on WoW in its best days

also I didnt like Dragon Age 1 or 2 just couldnt get into them.

I loved Dragon Age: Origins.. it had some very cool story too it. Especially the fade.. and i enjoyed the strategic encounters.

But it was quite clear that BioWare sold out to EA with Dragon Age 2.. the entire structure of the game was hollowed out and replaced with a chaotic mess of hack and slash with brightly colored lights indicating the 'best' and 'worst' responses when interacting with AI. It was so heavily dumbed down that i didn't play more then 15 minutes.