• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite video games of all time

In roughly chronological order:
Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (looking back, that game was trippy as fuck)
Soul Caliber 2
Silent Hill 2
Portal
Half Life 2
Fallout 3
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Simcity 3000, the Sims 2, and Oblivion get honorable mentions for sheer amount of time wasted on a video game. I will never understand why watching virtual people make grilled cheese was so goddamn addicting. Although there was that one time I intentionally made the chick forget about her grilled cheese and set the kitchen on fire, but she ended up dying while putting it out, which was annoying. And she then haunted her widower for the rest of his life, her ghost hovering above his headboard and waking him up every night. Sigh.

In no particular order:

Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Goldeneye
Super Smash Brothers (Original and Melee)
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
CoD4
Fallout 3

In roughly chronological order:
Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (looking back, that game was trippy as fuck)
Soul Caliber 2
Silent Hill 2
Portal
Half Life 2
Fallout 3
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

We should hang out.

Almost forgot Kingdom Hearts, I enjoyed the fuck out of that game. And NFK 2k series will always be better than Madden to me.

I concur ^_^ Also, Kingdom Hearts was alright, but I sort of couldn't handle the never-ending cinematic cut scenes.

Ha try playing Xenosaga some of the custscenes in that game are hella long.

Has no one played Battlefield 2? for its time that was the most advanced game Ive ever seen. I guess a lot of people didnt have PCs that would run it

Has no one played Battlefield 2? for its time that was the most advanced game Ive ever seen. I guess a lot of people didnt have PCs that would run it

I played it, but it was released during my hardcore WoW addiction phase.. so i never spent much time with it.

I'd probably still say Half-Life 2 (which was released 6 months prior to BF2) was pretty advanced; its source engine revolutionized the physics in games of that era.

Last edited:
I dont mean pure graphics innovation but just like features in the game.

Built in VOIP
Commander feature who can call artillery strikes, drop supply crates, place UAVs, etc
Can fly jets, helis, boats, drive tanks, Humvees, all kinds of vehicles
64 player battles on pretty expansive maps
Unlockable weapons based on ranking up (CoD anyone?)
Booster packs (precursor to DLC, except they were more than a few maps)
Realistic graphics and weapon sounds

I could go on but its funny how much the FPS genre has regressed IMO. All these features were in a game that came out in mid 2005 yet MW3 sells out the ass and that game is boring to all hell if you ask me. So many different shooting lanes and wacky respawn points. At least in BF2 you picked which control point you spawned at.

I could go on but its funny how much the FPS genre has regressed IMO. All these features were in a game that came out in mid 2005 yet MW3 sells out the ass and that game is boring to all hell if you ask me. So many different shooting lanes and wacky respawn points. At least in BF2 you picked which control point you spawned at.

It seemed to regress when consoles gained in popularity over PC gaming.. it seems like most games these days are essentially 'dumbed down' for console. It's a shame.. but i suppose the golden years weren't going to last forever, hehe.

I have 2 games for my console, which is an original playstation: Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2.

^epic stuff.

i think it was mazdan who set up his own racing rig with sports seat and hydraulic steering control and pedals which include a clutch.

takes me back to the days of playing him on the ps2 network... which reminds me, another of my all time favourites has to be:

561599_26382_front.jpg

hardware online arenas, the game which came free with the ps2 modem. while most moved onto SOCOM, which i thought was just ok, i played HOA exclusively for a good two years. i'd kill for a current populated server, it was so much fun.

Yeah man, its a really awesome game... probably as equally revelutionary as some of the early FPS games. Every racing game has followed its template...

i can't believe no one has mentioned any of the pokémon games from the gameboy 0_0
Yellow was my favorite.

Crystalisboxart.jpg

goddamn i loved this game. i remember going to the ces in chicago and getting qa taste of this and a few other games before they came out.
absolutely loved this game though :D
also
red alert 2

Quest for Glory V: Dragon fire
Quest for glory II: Trial by fire
The rest of the series. I don't think any game will ever be made again with such soul and quality writing.
Bonkheads
Total Annihilation
Gold Digger
Load Runner: The legend returns
Space invader
BLOBO (seems to be extinct now, an old puzzle game, not the dumb arcade game that comes up in searches0

i can't believe no one has mentioned any of the pokémon games from the gameboy 0_0
Yellow was my favorite.

Pokemon Red was, like, my entire childhood. Fun fact about myself: the only thing I've ever won is a Gameboy Color and three Powerpuff Girls games. I won them on a Cartoon Network giveaway when I was 11 by phoning the station during a commercial break. Yes, people actually won stuff on that shit. I was amazed too.

I still remember the feeling of triumph upon completing Mike Tyson's Punch out using the power glove. It has taken almost twenty years for the kinect to even come close to that type of game play.

I really enjoyed to play the COD 1 and COD 2 with the expansions on red.

Also the age of empires 2 with the exp.

the Battlefield 2 on red.