View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is LSA 'worth it'?

OTGee

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, I am interested in trying LSA. It is one of the first psychedelics I heard about apart from the obvious ones to societys eye. The reports seem to be varried from nice dream like state, to complete placebo, to pretty good trip to horrible trip. Of course set and setting and a lot of other things play a factor but whats the deal with LSA? I have tripped before numerous time on Acid, aMT, 25I-NBOMe, DOC and a 2c-x and have taken the aMT to what people call heroic doses. So i am not experienced yet not a complete newbie.

My question, will LSA create a strong enough headspace to deem it a fullblown 'trip'? Will it create OEV's / CEV's comparable to anything I have taken before? Is it worth the money? As especially if you are to buy seeds containing LSA from a headshop, its pretty damn expensive. Any info on this subject much apreciated :) I really just want to know some non-newbies exp and opinion of LSA

There are several other threads on this topic. please search psychedelic discussion properly before opening a new thread.

But on to the topic: Yes, LSA by itself an be more than a full blown visual trip. But this normally comes with some nausea so dont be alarmed if you puke before the trip starts. My advice is find some HBWR seeds online or from a trusted source and take only a few your first time. Mind you I know a few people who swear this drug has provided them with some of their most "intense" trips.

From my experience / research I would claim LSA very much alters in experience from person to person.

I think there are enough psychedelics readily available which have less physical effects. LSA was also my first one but it would've been better for me if tryptamines were more readily available at that time.

I mean we even have nBomes now which have even lower bodyload then tryptamines imho.

especially if you are to buy seeds containing LSA from a headshop, its pretty damn expensive.

I got a bag of 1000 untreated heavenly blue morning glory seeds online for about $8 shipped. Or was it 2000..

And no, it's not worth it. Highly vasoconstrictive. Felt dirty/odd. Not a very interesting experience even while smoking cannabis.

LSA (I've only had it in the form of HBWR seeds) seems to be pretty hit and miss but when its good its very very good IME.

14 HBWR seeds remains the best and most visual - both closed and open eye - trip of my life. Endless neon fractals :)

Edit: I've never noticed vasoconstriction but some people do, the nausea can be pretty bad but I just vomit after about 2 hours (once all the LSA goodness is absorbed) and I feel fine for the rest of the trip. HBWR seeds are really cheap online aren't they?

I think it's a horrible trip. The nausea is overwhelming, you feel poisoned, lack of energy but at the same time stimulated and the vasoconstriction is sick, and for what? A bunch of funny thoughts is all I got.

Some disagree, for me, hell no it sucked.

I don't like DXM either, but some people do.

I've never noticed vasoconstriction

My hands and feet were bluish and cold from morning glory.

14 HBWR seeds remains the best and most visual - both closed and open eye - trip of my life. Endless neon fractals :)

How did you prepare them? My experience grounding ~15 HBWR seeds in a coffee grinder and then letting them soak in a glass of cold water in the fridge for a few hours before drinking it was a dud.

It's worth trying if you go with HBWR. The psychedelic effect is hard to pinpoint and might not be impressive for some, but when I smoke on it I can achieve unparalleled levels of euphoria. Probably more euphoria than I've reached on any other substances.

My hands and feet were bluish and cold from morning glory.

That doesn't sound good at all, I would get myself to hospital if that happened. Everyone is different so I guess LSA (or at least that dose of that strain of MG) isn't for you

How did you prepare them? My experience grounding ~15 HBWR seeds in a coffee grinder and then letting them soak in a glass of cold water in the fridge for a few hours before drinking it was a dud.

I just scraped off the fuzzy stuff and chewed them up. Apparently you need about twice as much for a CWE so it was the equivilant of eating 7 or 8 so I’m not surprised you were disappointed. Depending on strain apparently 7 or 8 can be a high dose but it usually isn’t enough

probably more euphoria than I've reached on any other substances.

Yeah the euphoria on the trip i was talking about was ridiculous as well

It's worth trying once to find out whether you enjoy it or not.

I got no psychedelic effects from it - just a very hot, sweaty feeling.

Every time I've tried them, I've felt poisoned pretty much and I've sworn not to touch those vile seeds again. Yes, it was that bad. I'd say it's worth one small try though, just to satisfy your curiosity so you know if you want to stay away from them or perhaps you find them suitable.

This question gets asked a lot. Even a cursory look through the Big and Dandy threads or Erowid vaults will tell you it is indeed profoundly psychedelic.

My trips on morning glory seeds have been incredible. Beautiful OEVs and CEVs, lots of euphoria, and the most happy and long-lasting afterglows I have had from any psychedelic.

I haven't experienced any noticable vasoconstriction with LSA seeds, and neither have any of my friends. In fact I find the body high to be quite lovely once you get past the nausea (whether you puke or not). Puking is definitely a possibility, but you feel wonderful afterwards.

Visuals will definitely be on par with the compounds you mentioned (except the NBOMes of course). You just need to take the right dose and be comfortable with the possibility of nausea.

Whether it's worth the money, that's up to you to decide. Personally, £6 for a full blown trip rivalling in intensity at least 5 hits of good acid is well worth it for me.

Thanks for reminding me anyway. I've been meaning to grab some packets from Wilkinson's since it's sowing season :D

If I had access to that other stuff, I wouldn't bother with this. A 'bad' drug I've taken was DXM, and that was a mistake I did 3x. The guy who had blue hands and feet, maybe you got the toxin coated ones.

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry about making another thread it just takes like an hour to read through all the un-needed info in the big and dandy thread and I was planning on buying some that day. I decided against it before I even saw the replys for my own reasons but will definatley try these out at some point, I'll make sure and get HBWR seeds and not sprayed with anything etc, thanks again

Worth a try, not worth being compared to a multitude of superior psychedelics - is my opinion. I didn't see the point anymore once I got a good variety of psychedelics to select from.

Very physical spaced out feeling, which is cool. More of a conceptual mind trip than a sensory visual one, like: I don't tend to see patterns compared to other psychedelics but I can feel like walking around a square building I can see around a curvy bend like a massive fish-eye lense. I thought weed was fun combined with it but the stoned feeling is absolutely massive. Also: remember not to combine drugs the first time you try something, as a general rule.

I see you indicate a conclusion of your own thread and acknowledge the redundancy so I will close it or merge it into the First Time LSA-containing Seeds (Sub)Thread, if we do have one.

If you don't mind your legs feeling tight and other properties of nausea and vascoconstriction, Morning Glories are actually some of the most beautiful trips you can have.

I had an experience with HBW. It was a mixture of fun followed by intensity that became too much to handle and I begged god for it to end. The next though I experienced a euphoria I never have had the next day after taking any drug, including LSD. I think I got rid of some negative emotions and thoughts that night and figured out some things about myself and what I needed to do to improve my life. So all in all it was a good experience I did not regret but I haven't done it since but I believe someday when I am prepared I may go for another round but maybe take a smaller dose because I overdid it a bit.

I hate the misconceptions about fungicide or coatings that cause the nausea and vasoconstriction. The side effects are caused by the LSA and related iso/ergines themselves! Some people are simply more sensitive to the positive effects, while others are more sensitive to the negative effects. The only way to know for sure is to try them yourself and see how your own body reacts. Also note that the freshness of seeds may have something to do with the ratio of ergine to isoergine found inside.

When it comes to LSA, it's different strokes for different folks. Some like it, some hate it. I personally love it and think it is a psychedelic to appreciate. It's incredible when combined with shrooms too.

I loved LSA, even though my trip wasn't particularly intense and I had no visuals. Be careful with the dosage though. I took 5 HBWS (body weight 105lbs) and was fine, but my friend who's around the same weight had a really bad time on 10.