• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth cottons

snazzy_sn

Bluelighter
Been saving them since last night.
When I started shooting, I was told that if it didn't break down enough it would clog the cotton or some shit well anyways I've been doing decent shit but I had so much that I wasn't very careful with how well it broke down and I was only drawing back a few extra units so I'm convinced there is a motherload of shit in 1.5 grams worth of saved cottons.

I'm totally trying to justify it, as I'm going to try anyways so anyone have any suggestions?

My friends gettin me out of town in the morning but until then all I have I a backpack full of crap, my iPod (which I can hopefully get rid of). And a little baggie of cottons.

I've never done the cotton thing. Think I'm kidding myself? Think it'll do anything at all? Think I should just kill myself and get it over with?

I would throw them out before you figure it out. I used to do this shit all the time, before I learned what "cotton fever" was. There's a possibility you might get a little rush from it, but is that any justification? With dope you can argue that you're getting sick as hell, but with meth (and not to minimize the crash, I'm sure it's horrible in an equal but different way), there is not the excuse of hellish physical withdrawals to use to start injecting bacteria-filled meth cotton's.

Also, even if there is a bit of methamphetamine left in those cottons, it's going to be nothing compared to what you're used to shooting. I tried this once with coke, using about ten cottons, and all I got was a slight raised heart rated, and a sense of immense dissapointment-and that was on a good day. Other times I might start shaking uncontrollably, feeling like I'm in some kind of death-grip due to cotton fever.

If you want to attempt to get methamphetamine out of your used cottons, please don't inject it. Bacterial or fungal growth can run rampant and you'll give yourself cotton fever.

There's nothing stopping you from eating the cottons or doing a rectal shot though.

So after reading some other posts I've come to the conclusion that nobody is going to tell me it's ok, especially since it's not even to get well.

But I mean I have my mind made up, but... I dunno what to do. I guess just throw 'em on a spoon or something and squirt water on there?
Actually they're still wet... and have been in tiny bag all night...
But I just know there's so much dope in there.
So I mean, in the spirit of harm reduction... Will anyone tell me how I should do this?
I don't have acess to boiling water. I don't have any rubbing alcohol. Probably gonna have to buy a soda can. Dunno if I need a new filter, if so I'm S.O.L. I do have brand new points though ^_^
it's actually not funny it all... it's pretty sad really... Reality check. Ugh

ANYWAYS. would someone please give me an idea of how I should perform this fiendish act of desperation?
My brains too scrambled to figure it out myself.
The only clear thing in my brain is the image of me losing my breath over and over last night.
Maybe I'll get cotton fever and learn my lesson and never do drugs again...

the only safe way to use any residue left in the cotton is using a micron filter.

Draw up your solution with LOTS of water, i suggest 2 - 3cc's to wash your cottons. Then, you run this solution through 2 micron filters, 0.2 um pore size.

This is crucial. The Micron filter will remove just about any bacterial contamination for you, which is VITAL if you are going to shoot it.
Without proper filtering through a micron filter, do not attempt this. There is a real chance it can kill you, or get you so ill you won't know what hit you.

If you don't have micron filters, don't do it. No cotton filter will be able to remove the possibly lethal bacteria. If you must use the cottons, wash them and plug the resulting liquid, or dry out the liquid to get a snortable residue.

Fuck how desperate you are, if you're dead you will never get to enjoy another drug. If you don't have access to proper filters, fuck shooting it. It's going to get you seriously ill at best, cost you a limb, or kill you at worst. Do not introduce the unfiltered liquid into your bloodstream. The only somewhat safe thing to do with the cottons is preparing a solution to plug (insert rectally) which is your best bet for now. Invest in some micron filters. Buy them on ebay or another online store.

I don't even know wtf a micron filter is except they're always being mentioned on this forum x.x

Micron filters are little plastic things the size of a dime that can be clipped onto a syringe and used to filter the nasty particulates etc out. You can buy them off the internet or get them at e.g. needle exchanges.

If the cottons have been wet for longer than a few hours it is unsafe to inject them. You run the risk of getting cotton fever, which while it is unlikely to kill you, can make you feel pretty damn uncomfortable for 6-12hours. Please consider just making them into a tea or something.

The proper procedure for preparing a shot anyway, with the best chance of having ti be sterile and safe, would be something like -
1. Place your cottons in a sterile "cooker" (spoon or whatever). Sterility can be improved if you wipe things down with an alcohol swab, or a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol.
2. Add a small amount of water, enough to cover them. Boil for at least 15 seconds. (This helps kill bacteria and fungus) It is ideal to use distilled water, but you can also use bottled water or fresh cold tap water.
3. Wait for it to cool naturally, try not to blow or breathe on it.
4. Draw into the syringe, pref. with a micron filter attached.
5. Find a vein, wipe the area down with an alcohol pad, inject as normal.

If you are lacking in "equipment" please don't go cutting soda cans up and ignoring alcohol wipes, ti greatly increases the risk of infection.

On the other hand if you ingest the meth from the cottons in basically any other way, it is just going to be the same as ever, because you're not exposing your bloodstream to possible bacterial growth. Your stomach acid or mucous membranes will help keep the bugs out.

Meth is readily absorbed through the rectum or stomach anyway, the only thing you have to lose is an immediate onset.

Please look in the OD Directory in my signature for more information on micron filters.

I've done exactly what you are planning to do. I'm trying to think of a way that I can provide an answer when it goes against harm reduction.... can I or will it be removed? I've been in this exact situation. never knew about harm reduction back then and had certainly never heard of a micron filter. didn't hear of cotton fever even for a few years as they mostly used alone.

Those cotton pieces will turn into like thousands of tiny hairs when you try to reuse them. Add water and squeeze the shit out of them until they are dry. This is all horrendous due to how unsanitary it is. Nonetheless to filter out the hairs you'll have to use another filter. Those tiny hairs will pull right up and be injected. Some still will but I assume you probably do this anyway. Yes you can get very sick but when shooting up a horrific drug anyway - honestly I didn't give a shit back then about my health.

One time when I had a ton of cottons, when they dried they recrystallized so there was no doubt of what was in them. The crystals would fall out. After that experience I obsessively always felt there was stuff in the cottons but that never happened again. If you think about it - when we are using meth the chances of 'not getting all of it' are pretty slim.

I apologize for how wrong my post is.

I should have said as other did - swallow them or plug them. If there is stuff in them that sometimes is even much better than shooting. It's quite a nice change during a binge, that's for sure. And you'll know without a doubt if they have stuff in them.

Regarding stuff in them - as I said - if they dry it can recrystallize - in fact if they are saturated you couldn't keep that from happening. I personally tasted them as wrong health-wise as that is - I stuck the tip of my tongue on the cotton when I wasn't sure - if it tastes only slightly - don't waste your time. You'll know if it's worth it as the taste would be overwhelmingly strong.

Last edited:
I should have said as other did - swallow them or plug them. If there is stuff in them that sometimes is even much better than shooting. It's quite a nice change during a binge, that's for sure. And you'll know without a doubt if they have stuff in them.

Regarding stuff in them - as I said - if they dry it can recrystallize - in fact if they are saturated you couldn't keep that from happening. I personally tasted them as wrong health-wise as that is - I stuck the tip of my tongue on the cotton when I wasn't sure - if it tastes only slightly - don't waste your time. You'll know if it's worth it as the taste would be overwhelmingly strong.

I think sticking an old cotton in your mouth, and then using it for a cotton shot is not worth it regardless of how strong it is. I know what it's like to fiend, and like I said, I have done cotton shots in the past, but there has never been a case where it was worth it, and I'd offten get pretty sick from doing so. The best suggestion is to plug it, or to get the micron filter's that can filter out bacteria.