• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plugging Alcohol

Some drugs aren't going to tear up your ass like alcohol will. Just like you wouldn't want to IV alcohol but can IV other medication. Drugs have different properties and have optimal ways they should be ingested. Trying to place rules for one drug with another doesn't always work because their mechanisms aren't the same

I also forgot to mention that theres a TON of "good" bacteria that lives in your colon/asshole. You need those little buggers alive. Killing them all off is probably not great for your body either.

this is the dumbest thing i heard, liquor hits ya within minutes by drinking it, obv. the BA is high, why plug alcohol? i can understand amphetamines or opiates..but come on dude..

What's up with no one trying to help the OP? Everyone is just telling them to drink it. I think if they wanted to, uh, they would. There is obviously some reason they want to, and as all of you know (or at the very least should) this site is for harm reduction, not criticising someone on how they want to administer their substances.

As for your question, I was wondering the same thing 8) Not to try it, but just for the sheer knowing of how to do it. I mean, if I have two shots worth of alcohol (which would never even begin to get me buzzed), and that got me going being it was plugged, I just might try it once.

Last edited:
Hi Shamanic Sight :). The original post is from 6 months ago, so I doubt they are even still reading this. I will leave this open for now though since you are asking the same question and feel it wasn't satisfactorily answered. I do understand your frustration at some people saying just drink it or mocking the idea. But quite a few people did politely go into the reasons why they felt plugging was not a good or worthwhile idea, like it is considerably more dangerous and much easier to take a lethal overdose than taking it orally, alcohol already has good absorption and absorbs at a constant rate when used orally, it might be painful or damage the rectum, and so on. And people did give some harm reduction instructions if you are going to take it anyway:
- dilute it with water
- use a very small amount at a time, like 25ml, and wait a while to make sure you are experiencing peak effects before using more
- be very careful with the amounts you use and use much less than you would normally drink
- be prepared for burning, discomfort or diarrhea
- don't do it very often

Was there something that wasn't covered that you were interested in knowing? Were you wanting step-by-step instructions of how to rectally administer liquids? There is a Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread here.

the very thought of putting vodka up the ass makes me cringe 8o It will burn so bad you wont even care how drunk you get the burn will be so horrible and painful. imagine just holding a mouthful of vodka in your mouth without actually drinking it. Now imagine that feeling in your ass lasting for hours as it has nowhere to go really. i guess you could shit it out but i have a feeling theyred still be some left in there and it would just burn like a motherfucker for hours. DO NOT DO THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! It may get you incredibly drunk:? but then again why risk dealing with hours of pain beyond your worst nightmare when you can just DRINK the vodka rather than stick it up your butthole :)

^it was on the show (ameican) "1000 ways to die". Dude plugged a whole bottle of whine and he dead. He thought he could handle cus he was a long time drunk.

lesson: don't.

Is it true you void your bowels when you die? Or is that a myth. I have no will to google search.
Because, a whole bottle of wine... that's messy.
All you'd need is a canvas and for the guy to be faced in the right direction and you have some abstract art.
'Life was shit, so I plugged the empty hole with wine'.

I'm all for rectal administration, its efficent.
But rectally administering alcohol... there's efficieny and then there's stupidity.

You drink alcohol.. not stick it up your bum.

Is it true you void your bowels when you die? Or is that a myth. I have no will to google search.
Because, a whole bottle of wine... that's messy.
All you'd need is a canvas and for the guy to be faced in the right direction and you have some abstract art.
'Life was shit, so I plugged the empty hole with wine'.

I'm all for rectal administration, its efficent.
But rectally administering alcohol... there's efficieny and then there's stupidity.

You drink alcohol.. not stick it up your bum.

ha i,ve herd some thingz in my time but sticking alcohol up your ass is a new 1 on me like HearMeRoar said why in gods name would you wanna do that!?8o

from what i've heard plugging alcohol is very dangerous and easy to od on

dude.....do not. do not. do not.

half a shot dude, that could even be too much. dont risk it, a quick asshole buzz aint worth your life.

not very educated on plugging but i know its bad. and id never be desperate enough to shove a needle-less syringe full of vodka up my ass.....

putting it up your ass would mean the cops couldn't smell it, if u were driving, except of course unless u like 2 show ur ass 2 cops

^^^You would still fail a breathalyzer test even if you plugged it.

How come everyone here is all "Derp hurr drink it don't put it in your ass it's made to be drank", while no one says "Derp hurr swallow it don't put it in your ass it's made to be swallowed" when someone mentions plugging a roxi?
because roxies don't corrode your rectum

I recall a member on here being quite a fan of plugging booze and their recommendation was to start with 3ml of white wine. I'm trying to dig up the post/thread but not having much luck sorry...

Some drugs like alcohol, MDMA, GHB, are better when used orally simply for the fact that their dose curve has a distinct area in which it is recreational. If one hits that "good dose" orally, they enjoy a recreational high for a while. Whereas if they plug, IV, smoke or snort the substance the dose will peak and fall much faster.

Alcohol has a Buzz -> Tipsy -> Drunk -> Black out -> fatal type curve.

When used other ways it theoretically will reduce the euphoric time and increase various risk factors.

Alcohol's doseage is very steep compared to other drugs. Steeper dosage curves I believe become more detrimental the faster the ROA. It also lacks a proper biological half life, making it unpredictable.

Just searched for this because i was curious,
I have to say this thread makes a portion of bluelight users look like hypocritical, judgemental, morons.

If someone posts about IVing heroin you dont go into the thread and just say "i thought i saw on tv someone died doing that so dont bother, you can snort it just fine" or "smoking weed can burn your throat terribly, why would you do that when there are non painful ways?"

Grow up kiddies really. Yes there are risks. Yes there are easier ways. Yes its about putting something up your bum, which some of you seem to have some insecurities about. Its a very standard bluelight question though "what about x ROA for y drug?" - so treat it with the same seriousness and respect as all the others.

I will be doing some very cautious/careful experiments this week, ill report back with my findings :)

If we were debating the usefulness of plugging, now would be the part where you qualify your statement with something resembling a valid, rational argument.

We're not debating anything though, this is an information request.

who would want to drink this garbage let alone plug it. Make Alcohol Illegal. save a million lives

Why stop there!? Let's make everything harmful illegal! Im sure that will stop people...

This is me, lost my password.

The reason I did it is because I was brokeass poor and I wanted to get fucked up.
It worked well, it didn't sting. (used 38% vodka)
I am still alive.