• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I mix kratom and xanax?

ldawg616

Bluelighter
I took my Xanax a few hours ago bout 4mg and I have never tried kratom before, but have them in capsule form. I'm looking for a sedative like high and I have never taken it before. They say to take 10, but that made me sick, and the chick that workerd there told me to take 5, so idk what I'm doing. Maybe start out with 3? Will it wake me up or put me to sleep?

THX FOR RESPONSES

Depends on the dosage, kratom does have some stimulating properties but for some the opiate effects overwhelm the stimulant properties and for those people kratom is more sedating...we can't tell you for sure what your reaction will be.

It safe to mix with Xanax (alprazolam), unless you've taken an extremely high dosage of Xanax.

Well since you don't know the potency of the kratom capsules I would start on the low side (your idea of starting out with three or four is perfect) and see how you feel after an hour or so. If you don't feel anything, you can take some more but if the kratom is potent you won't need too many of the capsules.

I wouldn't advise mixing kratom with xanax if you've never done the kratom, and don't know what effects to expect, let alone dosages. Wait a day or two and go clean, and try the kratom by itself. From there, you can gauge your own reaction, and then start mixing in a small dose of xanax if you feel you need to.

Kratom also varies very widely between strains, both in potency and effect, so it's somewhat crucial to either have personal experience with the stuff you got or have user reviews on it.

i took 3 of the capsules b4 anything and didn't feel anything whatsoever!

So on your next trial take 4 and see where that goes. This should be done in 2-3 days from now to ensure everything clears your body, otherwise it won't be a true "from-baseline" trial.

Are the capsules inconsistent or something? Can't help ya if that's the case unfortunately..