• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What to expect with Loperamide? Poppyseedtea

Redrumi135

Greenlighter
So ill get straight to the point. I have been feeling kinda shitty (42+ hours since last dose) from an (avg) 1mg suboxone a day dependency for about two months and stayed up all night running to my grocery store trying to make poppy seed tea with little success(must be to washed and clean, however after 2 pounds of seeds i do feel slightly relieved from some pains etc, deeefinately not high) and i have tons of loperamide and have done quite extensive research into it and figured 50mg would probably do me right to where i wont feel withdrawals and hopefully catch a buzz. Tell me if i am right or wrong or if i am just going to be constipated for 3 years. And if you can help with the poppy seed tea problem let me hear it!

First things first. You will not get high off loperamide.

I wouldn't do a really high dose of loperamide and the poppy seeds...

You will not get high off loperamide.

Come now, this is not just not true. Not in the least. Granted, you won't get high off 10, 20, or even 40mg of loperamide, but bring that up to 80-120mg and yes, you will get a nice high going.

If you dose 120mg of lope you should catch a nice buzz. I still am able to get high, even with my tolerance to my daily 8mg suboxone, with doses between 150-200mg of loperamide.

And as I've said countless other times, in countless other posts, I don't even get sever constipation from such an extreme dose of lope. I had more trouble shitting back when I started using heroin than I currently do when I dose 200mg of lope.

p.s. I would just focus on the lope. That will surely get you high on its own. The poppy seed tea is pretty hit or miss and, while, nasty stuff to drink. The lope will work well enough imho.

SOME of loperamide will be able to bypass the BBB regardless of ROA, although as has been said more than once if only in relatively small-minute amounts (i.e. if 1mg is taken so little will cross the BBB that it's comparable to none of it having cross the BBB instead; when taking 100mg, enough will be able to cross for such to become readily apparent to the user).

Personally I don't think that using it intranasal would made any difference in terms of its ability to cross the BBB - I mean, it's more of a chemical/biological issue preventing it, not physical.

And you'd still need to snort a WHOLE shit load of lope to get a nice buzz from it. Stick to eating it. That is, unless you want a deviated septum or just like snorting ridiculously large amounts of inert and nasty binders/fillers.

Believe it or not i now feel absolutely no withdrawals and a slight 'buzz' feeling from that 50mg. It isnt so much of a euphoric high and i kinda feel lethargic but its muchoo better than withdrawals haha.

Doesn't taking huge doses of loperamide constipate you something fierce? is it worth it?

As I have mentioned, it does less to me now in terms of constipation, even with taking 8mg bupe almost every day, than heroin would when I started using it years back.

E.x. A couple days ago I doses 196mg loperamide. Got a nice buzz/high lasting through the night until the next morning. That night I took some DXM. The next day I took my normal dose of bupe, 8mg (which I had not taken for the prior two days). Basically it took me about 24 hours to shit after dosing the lope. And boy was it a BIG shit.

Although it has some distinctive characteristics, loperamide is an opioid, and an opioid is going to be behavior more or less like other opioids...

So, in other words, even with taking 200mg of loperamide, a day or day and a half later I am able to shit in ways that are extremely satisfying :)

I see, but could this be due to your body being somewhat "tolerant" to lope? for example what if someone who's never taken lope before, and they want to use it to alleviate WD.

This is possible, but I hadn't taken loperamide in years when I first tried to take a high dose. When I first tried this, I took 110mg of loperamide, and I had never use more than 12mg of loperamide before, which, as I said, was years prior.

And no problems shitting. Took a normal big dump 24 hrs or so after coming down from the high. Certainly a little constipation, but not really anything more than a normal opioid. I did have a minor stomach ache, which I attributed to the lope, but it wasn't painful or irritating enough to really detract from the loperamide high (I.e. I've continued to experiment with the lope since then, having taken high doses of 100-200mg maybe three or four times during the last two months).

Last edited by a moderator:
You are very welcome, my friend <3

Although most people I've talked to who have tried high doses of lope seem to agree with me, a couple (like 1/10) said it did give them problems. Nothing necessitating a trip to the ER, but enough to stop them from using lope to get high in the future.

I say this to point out that, as you already know, drugs effect everyone differently, so we should all treat lightly. As has said many times before and will be said many times again, "You can always take more of a drug, but you can't take less."

:)

And to answer your earlier question: When I run out of suboxone ealry and don't have the time/ability to take DXM to ward off w/d, loperamide is TOTALLY worth it. I'd take most other opioids over lope though. The only things it has going for it is: OTC, very long acting, and somewhat stimulating opioid buzz. Many people seem to not like the high that much, but, then again, many other do enjoy it.

The Bottom Line: I enjoy the high and find taking large amounts of lope useful only under certain circumstances. Thus, loperamide is not my go-to opioid of choice. But that all being said, loperamide absolutely does work. If you already have a tolerance to opioids, it won't make you that constipated at all.

And, of course, best thing about it is that it is OTC. Although it can be expensive at some stores, other huge mega stores, such as Costco, will sell two 200 count bottles of 2mg loperamide pills for less than $10.00usd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I don't think that using it intranasal would made any difference in terms of its ability to cross the BBB - I mean, it's more of a chemical/biological issue preventing it, not physical.

And you'd still need to snort a WHOLE shit load of lope to get a nice buzz from it. Stick to eating it. That is, unless you want a deviated septum or just like snorting ridiculously large amounts of inert and nasty binders/fillers.
Well the theory is that some of the drug can be transported, via the cranial nerve, directly to the CNS. The nasal cavity is the only part of the body in which there is direct access to a cranial nerve. Oral ingestion is a terrible ROA in terms of bioavailability. No matter how you look at it, insufflation is a superior route. Loperamide can be extracted to avoid the complications associated with snorting the inactives.

As for the constipation, methylnaltrexone is an opioid antagonist that is only active in the PNS. In other words, it counteracts the constipation but doesn't cause the horrible CNS effects associated with naltrexone. Its prescription only though so how can one get their hands on it?

Okay. But really, how much better is the BA of loperamide intranasal than oral (although I totally agree, horrible oral BA)? I feel like you'd still be having to sniff a lot of lope and inactives to be getting off, although I've never tried this, so I really don't have a clue. All just speculation tbh. Might be nice to hear from someone who has tried it...

Maybe I should have said that it doesn't make much of a meaningful difference in terms of which ROA you choose. I mean, you'd still have to snort a lot of lope as I have asked, correct? Why not just eat 5x that much? Okay, maybe for cost reasons this is useful.

Shoot, I guess I'm just not up for snorting much stuff these days...I could be in worse shape ;)

Very interesting, I didn't know loperamide could be absorbed nasally. And I totally agree TPD, the only thing I'll snort these days is opana.

Thanks for utilizing this thread for loperamide info. Loperamide has saved me from dropping suboxone cold turkey and im dropping lope doses very quickly so i dont build any painful tolerance to it. I just shit today after about 3 days and no problems.