• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Grapefruit Juice and Diazepam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I read that grapefruit juice potentiates the effects of diazepam. But how much grapefruit juice you need to drink? How early before dosing do you need to drink it? And do you have to drink it every day, several days beforehand before it actually potentiates the drug?

I did a search, and couldn't find the answers to the above three questions.

Thanks guys.

From what I've heard grapefruit juice can affect Xanax if you even take it within 3 days of a xanax dose, but I don't think it's so much of an immediate trip enhancer as it is something that is cumulative...it sort of makes the Xanax build up in your system by altering the way your liver processes the Xanax...

I know this isn't a perfect answer, but I just wanted you to know about the nature of this mix so that you don't keep taking xanax/grapefruit juice thinking it isn't being potentiated and then being affected too strongly later...

drink a couple glasses 30-60min before dosing.. but i think it needs to be WGFJ not regular grapefruit juice.. i could be mistaken though.

From what I've heard grapefruit juice can affect Xanax if you even take it within 3 days of a xanax dose, but I don't think it's so much of an immediate trip enhancer as it is something that is cumulative...it sort of makes the Xanax build up in your system by altering the way your liver processes the Xanax...

I know this isn't a perfect answer, but I just wanted you to know about the nature of this mix so that you don't keep taking xanax/grapefruit juice thinking it isn't being potentiated and then being affected too strongly later...

Diazepam is valuim not xanax lol

drink a couple glasses 30-60min before dosing.. but i think it needs to be WGFJ not regular grapefruit juice.. i could be mistaken though.
Thanks, man. What does the "W" stand for in "WGFJ"?

The grapefruit juice I just bought contains the following ingredients: 1) 99.9% Reconstituted Grapefruit Juice
2) Vitamin C
3) Flavor

Will this grapefruit juice I bought work?

Thanks for your time! :)

EDIT: I now assume by "WGFJ" you mean "Wild Grapefruit Juice." I could not find any other grapefruit juice in the large grocery store I visited. I take it that Wild Grapefruit Juice is reddish/pinkish in color (owing to it being simmered in wild hibiscus flowers)?

Last edited:
WGFJ= White grapefruit juice.. sorry i should have just spelled it to begin with. I'm just lazy lol.

The kind you have might work, i have no personal experience potentiating with juice. I only know what i have heard of and read on here about it and most people say WGFJ. But i would still try with what you have and find out if it works or not and report back so we can all know if it does in fact work.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/269906-Benzodiazepine-Potentiation?highlight=WGFJ+valium
^ they talk about it on the first page there.
hope i helped %)

Last edited:
Thanks again, man. Yeah, I read the link you gave. But I'm still unsure what exactly WHITE grapefruit juice is. Does it have to say "White" on the bottle's label? My bottle only says "Grapefruit Juice," and the juice is of light yellow color.

NSFW:
3120027007.jpg

If it looks like the juice in that picture you are all set.

"Diazepam is valuim not xanax lol"

*facepalm* oops! Benzos totally all blur together in my mind...

"Diazepam is valuim not xanax lol"

*facepalm* oops! Benzos totally all blur together in my mind...

its all good homie, i fuck up all the time.. if you look at my posts i almost always edit them because i forget something or say something wrong or some shit.

Well, it looks just like it, color-wise. Even the drawn grapefruits on the bottle look like the drawn grapefruits on my bottle. However, mine does not say "White" on the label. So there must be a reason for that. Hence I'll check out another grocery store today and see if it has any grapefruit juice with the word "White" on the label. Thanks for your time, HdoubleODeezy.

I know this is 3 years late for this thread, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I just picked up a prescription for 5mg Diazepam, and the Pharmacist told me to avoid grapefruit/juice while taking Diazepam because it makes it toxic. I did a little research, and as I thought, it's not toxicity that's the issue, but the possibility of intensification of the effect of Diazepam. Typical of the medical community in general - they don't want you to have any fun...

I know this is 3 years late for this thread, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I just picked up a prescription for 5mg Diazepam, and the Pharmacist told me to avoid grapefruit/juice while taking Diazepam because it makes it toxic. I did a little research, and as I thought, it's not toxicity that's the issue, but the possibility of intensification of the effect of Diazepam. Typical of the medical community in general - they don't want you to have any fun...

So why exactly did you bump this thread? At the very least did using WGFJ work for you so this bump is not a TOTAL waste.

It usually has a sticker on your prescription bottle. I've even tried tagament just a few hrs. ago,IME it dosent do much....and I completely understand the science behind it.
Just not a difference in duration/strength YMMV

GOOD LUCK TRY NOT to dose everyday...I know that's easier said than done,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what "bump this thread" means. I thought I was just sharing information which was relevant to the other posts in the thread?
And I haven't tried drinking grapefruit juice since I received the prescription, so I'm unable to comment at this point. If I violated some rule or protocol by submitting my original post, then I'll just take my marbles and go home...

Forgive my ignorance, but is there some side effect between Diazepam and Tagamet? I know Tagamet is an acid blocker/antacid. I take Gabapentin for neuropathy, and as a supplement to the opioid pain killers, and you're not supposed to take antacids within two hours of taking Gabapentin, because it blocks the absorption of the Gabapentin. Thanks!

Talking in a complete theoritical matter, GFJ inhibits strongly the CYP2C19 and CYP3A4 mostly responsible for diazepam metabolism, the CYP2C19 that turns into inative metabolite and both the CYP2B6(unaffected by GFJ but has weak affiniti towards diazepam) and CYP3A4 that metabolises diazepam to it's weaker metabolites such O-desmethyldiazepam and then oxazepam explaining the very long half life; 2 active metabolites that and the O-desmethyldiazepam has like 100h half life. So technically taking it 20 mins before mabe more would be good if you expect a shorter but more intense trip like really like the first 30/60 mins of valium buzz and want to keep it for long at the expense of the long term effet. (intensifying and prolonging the RUSH and no hangover.) Again AAAAALLLLLLLL theoretical. All I have my hand on is flura and oxa.

It appears that some of my posts fail to register, or show up after I tap the "Post Quick Reply" button. Am I doing something wrong, or are my posts being "moderated" for some reason?

I think GFJ only makes the diazepam last a little longer since bioavailability is already high.

I think GFJ only makes the diazepam last a little longer since bioavailability is already high.

I think it changes the Pharmacokinetics of the drug, since diazepam is a pharmacologically active prodrug, alterating its metabolism would be prolonging its personnal effect that seem to be more potent than its nordiazepam metabolite as the first 30 to 60 mins are more intense. So the first hour or so would be more intense then the whole process is prolonged.

You wont get anything from any substance to try to mess with the metabolism of diazepam. the drug is at its peak on its own Pharmacokinetic term. opiates are the ones to potentiate. Codeine derivative side (Oxycodone,hydrocodone,etc.) have good bioavability but lack potency thats where you inhibit all enzyme but CYP2d6 which you can try to induce but it's HARD to find anything that will do that. Morphine derivatives have LOW bioavability but no need to be activated or potentiated by any enzyme so basically morphine derivatives are the ones needing pepp up with anti acid, enzyme inhibitor, etc.

Average benzo Bioavability is like 95% so good for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.