• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
O lerrrd.... It seems like the Bobcats are trying to play well much of the time which makes it even more hilarious. I wonder if Wiggins will pan out.

It's about to go down my Nigels, NBA tip off is only like 15 hours away. I think I might need some bigger shorts I'm so excited.

Care, I think it's about time for a new thread. This one is two seasons old.

is it me or did Jrue Holliday get husky as fuck over the off season? certainly didn't get ant lighter skinned. I swear he has to wear a glowstick around his neck at night time or he could get lost from the team

hi-res-182546372-eric-gordon-tyreke-evans-anthony-davis-jason-smith-ryan_crop_650.jpg

is it me or did Jrue Holliday get husky as fuck over the off season? certainly didn't get ant lighter skinned. I swear he has to wear a glowstick around his neck at night time or he could get lost from the team

hi-res-182546372-eric-gordon-tyreke-evans-anthony-davis-jason-smith-ryan_crop_650.jpg

Looks about 15-20 lbs heavier and black as fuck as always.
Man NBA team photos always fuck me up, like how is it that Evan and Gordon look like midgets compared to the rest of the guys? I honestly thought Holiday was 6'5 tops, but he looks much taller than that in this photo.

I can't believe what I'm watching with these Lakers. This is the fucking twilight zone.

Is Jack Nicholson the best American actor ever?

Lakers are a better team without Kobe. Kobe is the ultimate ball stopper and his shot isn't half of what it used to be, they will be competitive until the mamba returns, then it's all down hill.

As a Bryant fan it hurts to say that, but he just can't help that team anymore. Not enough star power to play ISO as much as he wants, it just wont work anymore. They are fobba have to take a page out of the Nuggets and Blazers book and get some ball movement and team D going.

Honestly I can't believe you're doubting Kobe's game

When he steps back on the court it's gonna be magical

Dude you know I love Kobe, I just don't think he's got it in him to win a title anymore and his game hasn't evolved to fit his age. I mean if he could still dunk and cross niggas up smooth as butter, then yeah I would be all up on his bandwagon. I just don't think that the current roster fits around him an so he won't be much of a positive effect on the team. 1 on 1 he is still a beast, top 10 easy, but that's just not gonna put another banner up at staples.

Why do they put on sweaters and pants before the game? They should be as exposed to cold temperatures as possible. They should be shirtless. It keeps the body temperature low and increases your aerobic resistance. I've studied this, and before running I take cold showers.

^ it's called a warm up dude. You've gotta stay loose, and any sort of drcrease in temperature can result in cramping since the temp change wont be gradual. They keep those arenas really cold, and you don't want the sweat to lower your body temp. Simple concept really. I always wear sweats during my warm up to get the blood flowing, and maximize my thermogenesis potential. You can expend more energy/calories when your body is hot.

it's called a warm up dude. You've gotta stay loose, and any sort of drcrease in temperature can result in cramping since the temp change wont be gradual. They keep those arenas really cold, and you don't want the sweat to lower your body temp. Simple concept really. I always wear sweats during my warm up to get the blood flowing, and maximize my thermogenesis potential. You can expend more energy/calories when your body is hot.

The thermogenic stuff is the opposite of what you're going for if you're getting ready for a game. You want to utilize your energy as efficiently as possible, and putting yourself in sweats does the opposite. I think tradition is getting in the way of science here.

You can warm up without excessively raising your core temperature, and putting on warm-ups before a game excessively raises core temperature.

The players would have more cardiovascular resistance if they warmed up shirtless in the cold arena. It's the same principle as drinking cold water.

1. Cold showering favorably redistributes the blood in a way that is similar to effects of CO2 and NO on arteries and arterioles. Since cold water is applied on the surface of the body, the veins located near the surface constrict and the blood is pushed into arteries, arterioles and capillaries. Over two thirds of systemic resistance to blood flow in the cardiovascular system is in these blood vessels (arteries, arterioles and capillaries). Hence, this blood redistribution causes and leads to better perfusion (blood supply) of all tissues and organs and reduces heart rate. In this sense, application of cold water has some similarities with CO2 and NO effects on blood vessels.
Man cold hardening in snow Pin it! Share on Facebook

2. Regular use of cold shower reduces heat losses (KP. Buteyko) and decreases core body temperature (Russian health nuts are preoccupied with having lower body temperature due to a wide-spread belief that just one degree reduction in core body temperature extends expected life span of humans by some decades.)

3. Cold water adaptation builds up brown-fat cells, which have a large concentration of mitochondria to generate heat without physical contraction or muscular movements.

4. A German study found positive effects of such body hardening on certain blood parameters.

5. Correct application of cold shower water (see Rule #3 below: gradual exposure) results in natural breath holding probably due to some reflexatory mechanism. Hence, taking, for example, a cold shower results in all beneficial mechanisms and effects related to CO2 uses in the human body, including better oxygenation and perfusion of all vital organs, calmer mind, improved immunity, better sleep and digestion, and many others due to increased body-oxygen content (as measured with the DIY body-oxygen test) by about 2-3 s. In my view, application of a cold shower has about the same effect on health and CP (control pause), although physiologically different, as one half of the typical Buteyko breathing exercise session.

6. Most importantly, regular use of cold showers will help you to adapt to cold conditions and improve your morning CP due to normalized thermoregulation and general adaptation to cold conditions. This CP increase means better general health and well-being with improvements in all systems and organs of the human body.

Last edited:
^ I hope so, as I am officially rooting for the Indiana Pacers to take it all, this year

Blog-Photo--Roy-Hibbert-blocks-Carmelo-Anthony.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.