• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memphis grizzlies beat OKC, Miami, Dallas last week. This week they beat clippers and suns so far. They play the spurs tonight, who tanked @ home against the Lakers without Kobe. Playoffs here we come. go Grizz!!

i love the jim rome radio show

what other shows opening segment plays andrew bynam saying 'i shot like shit' during a post game interview, over a dozen times

bynam said that after the reporter asked him how he felt being in the company of all these other laker greats who have recorded 30 boards in a game

Damn shame about Rose today. Torn ACL... fucking ouch. That could be the end of a basketball career.

It probably pushes my Heat into the Finals easy (only real threat is Orlando, their three point abilities worry me), but it's not the way I would have liked it to happen. At least the Heat fucking murdered the Knicks today. Carmelo and Amare make for a sorry ass superstar pairing.

I refuse to look at footage of the Rose injury because I'm afraid it'll happen to me if I go look at it (I'm superstitious that way, sort of like when healthy people are afraid to walk around on crutches). I did, by accident, see the Shumpert injury, and I couldn't figure out how somebody can fuck their knee like that. He was just doing a behind the back dribble and then he goes down. He didn't take a funny step or anything. How does that result in a ligament tear?

The Shumpert one looked worse. You could see he got his left foot jammed on a spot on the court and then he tried to change direction but his knee just stayed there and buckled in. The Rose one was less innocuous, but probably more common as he landed off an awkward side-step before trying to get a jumpshot off. Hate to see it.

Hard enough to come back properly from an ACL in any sport, but especially basketball with the endless amount of sharp twists and turns you do on a daily basis on the worst surface possible.

the Grizzlies' PA announcer is so over the top. I hate him more than the Knicks' guy.

it's nice to see Mike Conley of Memphis do well for himself...

and re: Derrick Rose. DAMN. that is some heartbreaking shit right there. what is even more effed up was what that Nike exec had to say about his injury on Twitter. remember Rose signed a crazy-long deal with Adidas...

wat? Rondo's got mad game...

Rajon+Rondo+looks+so+much+like+the+young+Chris+Tucker+_a40e6baa424c3b86c297bba5b3273d2d.jpg

plus he looks hilariously like Chris Tucker

damn the Sixers actually played good tonight Evan Turner needs to handle the ball more

dude Evan Turner may be a bit retarded and may have the linguistic disposition of Meatwad from ATHF... but that kid CAN BALL. I seriously thought, as an tOSU fan that he was going to lead the Buckeyes to the NCAA Final Four last year, not this year when the Buckeyes were without him and finally in the Final Four

idk why Evan Turner has been so over-looked by the NBA + its media as a whole, since even before Draft Day. he won the Heisman his last year in college, you know he's legit

as a Buckeyes hoops fan I'm a bit indignant over this, and as a no doubt loud-ass Philly fan you should be too !!!

Andre Iguodala is the Sixers problem. And Philly gets killed by the media for not liking Iggy but you have to look at how the NBA works. Iggy is never going to be "the guy". Is he a gifted player and a superb athlete? Absolutely. But when you really need him to step up, he just starts falling in love with his jump shot and shoots (usually misses) a lot of 3s. For what he produces he is making way to much money (I dont fault any player for what they make btw I blame management) and holding back the younger players on the team. Its like Iverson all over again except AI(the first one) actually was capable of being "the guy". Theyve been doing a quasi-rebuild mode while trying to stay relevant but IMO that doesnt work in the NBA, you need to just clean house and suck for a few years and hope to get some good lottery picks or free agents. I know thats a pretty lame system but its the only way really (look at Seattle before they got Durant, Celtics before they got the Big 3, Miami before the new big 3, the Knicks before they got Melo and Amar'e)

Status
Not open for further replies.