• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a coach or GM, I'd take Durant over James. Basketball is a game of team chemistry, not just athletic ability and statistics.

Nah man Im not a Lebron fan or anything but there is no denying he is the best all around player in the NBA. For someone to be his size, and move that quickly, its almost unfair. KD is a really close second, and defintely a better shooter than Lebron, but I think hes not as good on defense. Also Lebron is a better distributor. And you cant use the "how many titles" argument because Durantula hasnt won any yet either. Both are really good, but at gunpoint id take Lebron. Of course if it was a close game in the 4th quarter.....

Nah man Im not a Lebron fan or anything but there is no denying he is the best all around player in the NBA. For someone to be his size, and move that quickly, its almost unfair. KD is a really close second, and defintely a better shooter than Lebron, but I think hes not as good on defense. Also Lebron is a better distributor. And you cant use the "how many titles" argument because Durantula hasnt won any yet either. Both are really good, but at gunpoint id take Lebron. Of course if it was a close game in the 4th quarter.....

Lebron may be the most athletic player in the NBA for his size, but that doesn't make him the best all around player. I'm not arguing that he's not great, but I wouldn't say that he is the greatest.

i hate lebron soooooooooooo much. but u gotta admit hes best in the game at the moment.

its a dumb argument anyway really. As much as basketball is about individuals (moreso than any other of the big 4 sports) its still a team game. Id rather have a team with good chemistry and leadership than a team full of superstars as well. Its when you get a team with superstars that have chemistry that you see the great teams. If the Heat can ay like they have been all season in the playoffs I really cant see them losing. Especially if their role players step up (Haslem, Miller, Norris Cole especially). Joell Anthony is pretty good at defense too. Should be fun to watch come playoff time

game of the season tonight

I'm thinking of growing the Turiaf/Nebuchadnezzar beard

12462_crop_340x234.jpg
imagesCADVG33E.jpg

actually trying to start a Turiaf theme for the playoffs; an entire section of the arena where everybody is Ronny Turiaf

LOL. people in Miami have been goin' crazy about this guy for some reason... I guess the Heat really needed to add some depth at center, anyways. this reminds me, I miss Zydrunas "who wants to buy some DVDs??" lolol

LOL. people in Miami have been goin' crazy about this guy for some reason... I guess the Heat really needed to add some depth at center, anyways. this reminds me, I miss Zydrunas "who wants to buy some DVDs??" lolol

Because we need a center. We need a center. We have Joel Anthony, and he's really really good at what he does, but he isn't a center. He is a role player we have made the best of, who can only play the 5 position. We are an awesome rebounding team when we give a fuck to be, and that requires a lot of effort by LeBron and Wade, who can jump as high as anybody in the league for a rebound, compensating for our lack of team size, but if they aren't playing at 110% then they (we) aren't doing that shit, and we get killed on the boards.

We are excited about Turiaf because he is a center. We need one, a real one, and not a Joel Anthony type. We need a tall guy who can take up space, grab a few rebounds, and contribute some points. Anthony is great when all of the Big 3 are in, and should probably remain our starter, but he is a liability when they start subbing out.

I love how fast the Linsanity talk died down. I dont like how they gave him that nickname to me Vince Carter is more deserving of the -sanity suffix.

Sixers beat the Cavs last night, you know no ones playing D when Jodie Meeks drops 31

I miss Zydrunas "who wants to buy some DVDs??" lolol

DVDs?

We are excited about Turiaf because he is a center. We need one, a real one, and not a Joel Anthony type. We need a tall guy who can take up space, grab a few rebounds, and contribute some points. Anthony is great when all of the Big 3 are in, and should probably remain our starter, but he is a liability when they start subbing out.

There is a huge problem with the big3 + Joel that OKC exposed. Anthony either guards the center or PF, but comes to help on whoever's driving to the hoop. Bosh is then left to cover both center and PF, which he can't do at all (too slow!). This opens up one of the bigs for a layup/dunk. It also makes Joel and Bosh easy to box out for rebounds, and lately opposing teams have been having buffets on the offensive boards.

And the Heat's lack of success rebounding on the offensive end has a lot to do with Chalmers'/Cole's post AllStarGame ineptitude. Spo has had to play Lebron at the point, which eliminates his post game and makes him have to run to the other end of the court as soon as a shot goes up.

oh sorry, I guess not everyone who hasn't been long-time LBJ fans to remember that hilarious commercial with him and Big Z "who wants to buy some DVDs??????"

but mang, me even posting about Miami's year with Ilgauskus at Center highlights another year where they were missing a true-by-definition Center. I remember those Cleveland years, where having Big Z shoot so well at shooting treys all night is a good thing... but also a bad thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.