• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard an audio drop on rome yesterday, i don't know who said it or when it was said , but it was someone on the heat

it went something like:

'we're not gonna win 1 championship, not two, not three...NOT FOUR, NOT FIVE, not six, NOT SEVEN rings......

lol it was awesome

and that's about all i have to say about the lame ass nba

yea, jordan got away with a lot.

last night the hawks only went to the line 8 times, and miami went to the line like 25 times.

there was also a play on the floor where lebron essentially gave zaza pachulia an arm bar to the face and zaza got called for technical.

i don't watch a ton of NBA, but i do follow the hawks, so i can't say a lot about the subject. but the whole game it looked like the officials were gettin paid or some shit.

i think lebron got called for 1 foul all game. we should've won. blew a 10 point lead in the 3rd.

Lakers and Celtics looking bad these days.

Lakers blowing a 21 pt lead to the Wiz, wow.

Celts getting blown out by the Sixers. Back-to-back game or not, that is no excuse.

Neither of these mighty franchises have a shot at the title this year.

If there's one thing I hate about NBA League Pass, it's that since the games are broadcasted from local TV stations of one of the team, the commentators are always partisan and always critique and complain about any call in the other team's favor. I swear, it's got to be a big part of their job description, because they cannot possibly believe some of the shit they whine about. And my team (the Hornets) happens to be the one team whose games are never broadcasted from their own station.

I mean I enjoy the games anyway, but god damn it pisses me off after a while. Every Hornets game I've watched, I have to listen to the announcers constantly disparage and whine about my team.

If there's one thing I hate about NBA League Pass, it's that since the games are broadcasted from local TV stations of one of the team, the commentators are always partisan and always critique and complain about any call in the other team's favor. I swear, it's got to be a big part of their job description, because they cannot possibly believe some of the shit they whine about. And my team (the Hornets) happens to be the one team whose games are never broadcasted from their own station.

I mean I enjoy the games anyway, but god damn it pisses me off after a while. Every Hornets game I've watched, I have to listen to the announcers constantly disparage and whine about my team.

I'll take the homer announcers over the extra 45 minutes of iphone and kia ads you get on games that are nationally televised. The ad overkill is the reason I barely watch football any more.

I'll take the homer announcers over the extra 45 minutes of iphone and kia ads you get on games that are nationally televised. The ad overkill is the reason I barely watch football any more.

We also actually have some pretty good homer announcers down here. I don't know what it's like for any other cities than Miami but I enjoy the slight homer bias they have. They don't annoy me, and the guys on TNT and especially ESPN annoy the shit out of me when we play a nationally televised game. Homer announcers have the luxury of being able to admit their bias, while neutral broadcasters have to try to remain objective even though they are fans like the rest of us, and everything they say sounds like total bullshit. I've never really learned anything of importance from announcers, so quality isn't really a big deal to me unless the announcers are so annoying they make me want to blow my eardrums out.

yeah man, you gotta love the Homer Color Personalities ;) we have some DAMN good ones here in Buckeye Country. they are at their best when they realize what they are, don't take themselves too seriously, aren't idiots, and just have some damn fun with their show!

We also actually have some pretty good homer announcers down here. I don't know what it's like for any other cities than Miami but I enjoy the slight homer bias they have. They don't annoy me, and the guys on TNT and especially ESPN annoy the shit out of me when we play a nationally televised game. Homer announcers have the luxury of being able to admit their bias, while neutral broadcasters have to try to remain objective even though they are fans like the rest of us, and everything they say sounds like total bullshit. I've never really learned anything of importance from announcers, so quality isn't really a big deal to me unless the announcers are so annoying they make me want to blow my eardrums out.

I feel the same way. Eric & coach Fioirentino or however it's spelled are homers but are not shy to point out mistakes and give credit to the other team. Eric been with us since the old Miami Arena in Overtown since 87/88, so I got much respect for the guy.

National announcers I have no problem with, plus whenever they do our games they just drool over our bigger 2.

@3,4-dihydroxyphen;10409711 on a different note, are you going to UMF2012 here in MIA?

Or anyone Heat fan here going?

looks like the Heat just lost to the Magic in OT. what a great game, caught some glimpses of it...

where does everyone think Dwight Howard will go? and has everybody else also lost some respect for Dwight this year? I hate how the new NBA has catered to super stars like him. once they realize what a cash cow they are, they act like spoiled brats, and speculate where they'd like to go far before the end of their contract. what ever happened to sticking with a team that builds around you? once again, I could NEVER see Michael Jordan being all "hot damn, Karl Malone is a GREAT big guy! I wonder what it would be like actually having him as a team-mate, and not schooling his team in the NBA Finals??" no way!!

I think it makes sense for the Magic to keep Dwight Howard. even before this latest Heat victory, the Magic were the only team in the East to beat both Miami and Chicago. I know it's far more different when you talk a best-out-of series in the NBA Playoffs, but my point is that they opportunity for the team to succeed on that stage are most certainly there!

it seems like the Magic and Dwight are leaning towards him staying in Orlando. there has been a trade rumor that Orlando is going to push for another heavy hitter available - the question still remains the same - would this guy + Dwight Howard be a good enough combination to come out of the brutal-at-the-top Eastern Conference, and then good enough to best a scary-as-fuck OKC Thunder team??

^^I don't think Howard even knows where he's gonna be next year. That team (the Magic) could sincerely win the East if Ed Malloy officiates every one of their playoff games.

Who will capture that 8th playoff spot in the East? The Knicks are imploding. As much as I'd like to see the Cavs in the playoffs, I'd put my money on the Bucks. They've acquired a great scorer in Monta and Brandon Jennings is one of my favorite NBA players. Fear the deer.

Dwight is staying, fuck him.

The Lakers have agreed to send Luke Walton and their own first round pick in 2012 to Cleveland for Ramon Sessions and Christian Eyenga.

The pick is lottery protected and the Lakers also get the right to swap their own pick in 2013 with the Miami pick owned by Cleveland.

Los Angeles has been searching for an upgrade at the point guard position.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN (via Twitter)

Sweet! Mitch should get executive of the year for getting rid of Walton in that deal. :D

god dammit! I don't want fucking Luke fucking Walton in Cleveland! LOL what a lucky asshole. but I will take LA's first round pick in 2012. hot damn! the Cavs are picking up these top spot Draft Picks left and right! I think the Cavs will pick up that vaunted (lol) 8th seed in the Eastern Conference Playoffs... but a first round loss is certainly expected

at the very least, I do think the Cavs are on the up-and-up. do ya'll see the competition for March Madness?! the next couple years of NBA players are LOADED

I am so happy that my team isn't a joke, like last year, and expected to improve in the next year or two, immensely. Cavs fans still pack that stadium, they deserve at least a decent product. plus, I was always fearing another "Seattle situation" here, but it looks like that won't happen for at least another 6 or so years

The Knicks have a nice little winning streak going under the interim head coach Woodson. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but at least it's been fun to watch them again.

Im calling an OKC - Miami finals right now. Yeah thats not exactly a bold prediction but I just dont see any other teams making a run. Maybe the Bulls

Finally an NBA thread! How did I miss this? Here are my thoughts so far on the 2012 season,

- First of all I need to watch more games.

- I was really disappointed to see Chauncey Billups go down with that injury in Los Angeles. I thought the Clippers were looking to be one of the most unique offensive teams in recent memory. Before the injury they were playing a pure point guard in Billups at shooting guard. They had Chris Paul, arguably the best point guard in the league, playing PG, and to anchor the whole thing they had Blake Griffin as an unstoppable force in the post. Oh well, they're still shaping into a great team.

- Are the Knicks cursed? I mean that genuinely. Has there ever been a team in league history with such a poor talent to success ratio?

- Dwight Howard made the right choice to stay in Orlando through the 2012-13 season. The Magic have a legitimate shot at beating any team in the Eastern Conference, or the West for that matter. This doesn't mean that it will happen or that it's even likely, but I personally think they look a lot more fundamentally sound than most teams and it definitely wouldn't surprise me to see them have success. Plus this gives Howard total control over where and how he eventually chooses to sign with long-term (might I suggest a primetime television special?).

- Oh and I liked the Thunder before it was popular. Kevin Durant is the best all-around player in the NBA. He has that particularly special combination of skill and focused humility that makes everyone around him a better player. A good indication of this skill-set would be not referring to yourself in the third person.

where does everyone think Dwight Howard will go?

don't care. it's typical media propaganda, falsifying a 24-hour news cycle

and has everybody else also lost some respect for Dwight this year?

the more information revealed about anyone the more "respect" you can lose for them. just look at your family. human psychlogy yo

I hate how the new NBA has catered to super stars like him.

supply and demand. remove the salary cap, let the nba become a free market, and dwight gets paid $40-50 million and can't control where he wants to play.

what ever happened to sticking with a team that builds around you?

modern free agency. also why are players expected to be loyal but businesses aren't? you must feel outraged about denver's trading of nene 8)

once again, I could NEVER see Michael Jordan being all "hot damn, Karl Malone is a GREAT big guy! I wonder what it would be like actually having him as a team-mate, and not schooling his team in the NBA Finals??" no way!!

i could never see dwight howard becoming a compulsive gambler. frankly you have little idea of how different the perception of michael jordan et al would be with today's twitter/facebook/viral media hype machine.

scary-as-fuck OKC Thunder team??

dang u just buy into the hype full throttle dont you. bill simmons must be your favorite writer. casual fan yo.

- First of all I need to watch more games.

meh u aint missing much. first 2 months of the season were terrible imo. the play is gradually improving but at the very middle of the season shit gets boring. playoffs start already plz

- I was really disappointed to see Chauncey Billups go down with that injury in Los Angeles. I thought the Clippers were looking to be one of the most unique offensive teams in recent memory. Before the injury they were playing a pure point guard in Billups at shooting guard. They had Chris Paul, arguably the best point guard in the league, playing PG, and to anchor the whole thing they had Blake Griffin as an unstoppable force in the post. Oh well, they're still shaping into a great team.

there's a lot wrong with this, most notably blake griffin being an "unstoppable force." he's quickly turned into one of the more overrated players in the league. can't shoot at all yet keeps shooting Js. very one-dimensional. awful defensively. a lot of dirty plays under his belt.

- Dwight Howard made the right choice to stay in Orlando through the 2012-13 season. The Magic have a legitimate shot at beating any team in the Eastern Conference, or the West for that matter.

not really. there are a lot of magic out there. sixers, indy, knicks, hawks. intriguing but fatally flawed teams. i like the magic but their title hopes are still dismal, likely < 10%.

- Oh and I liked the Thunder before it was popular. Kevin Durant is the best all-around player in the NBA.

yeah you really do need to watch more basketball because it's lebron james AINEC. he's been the best player in basketball by a mile for 4-6 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.