• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
No interest in basketball, just posting to note that even outside of CE&P alex seems incapable of posting in a thread without personally attacking someone.

Noticed the same thing.

As for the NBA.. I've been following but this season is pretty weird. Obviously the Heat and Bulls look outstanding but I just want to wait til playoffs. Some of the games I've watched have been pretty bad as far as effort goes. It's been getting better lately, though.

How is The Mailman getting on? And Clyde the Glide. LeBrons nickname is a bit shit really

I was really pulling for the Knicks today just so the Boston fans could hate us even more (the NY Rangers beat Boston earlier in the day, and the Super Bowl is still fresh in our minds) but the Celtics pulled it off in the end.

As a NYer it's good to have a decent basketball team to watch for the first time in a while. I haven't really watched the Knicks play since the 90's when I was rocking these:
NSFW:
picture-614.png

So after the screwin
I bust a nut and get up and put on my white Ewings
I'm out the do'
All you might get is a rubber on the floor
Cause I'm ready to hit the road like Mario Andretti
Bitch, cause I'm steady mobbin

Lakers are a mediocre, horribly coached team

Care to elaborate? How are they horribly coached? Mike Brown is a damn good defensive coach, he has them playing some great team D (currently tied w/ Philly in Opp FG% @ 41) and they are 5th in Opp pts/G, allowing 91 total points... which is pretty amazing considering the current roster and how they rarely play any defense on the road. Look up their home vs road defensive numbers, they are an elite defensive team when they want to be, and that will always keep them in playoff games.

Are you saying he is to blame for their struggles on offense? Look at the freaking roster man. There's a HUGE dropoff in talent after the big 3 (Kobe/Gasol/Drew). We are handicapped at the 1 and the 3 ppositions and have no bench. Matt Barnes is arguably our 4th best player! Now MB's sets aren't the most innovative, but they are good enough and the Lakers get good shots when they actually bother to move the ball, set solid screens, etc. And no offensive system in the world will look good if players can't hit WIDE FREAKING OPEN SHOTS. Mike Brown is not the reason they're the worst 3 point shooting team in the league and have zero offensive spacing. (spacing was a huge issue even under Phil Jackson's triangle offense). The offense would look so much better if we had a starting PG and SF that belonged in this league. They are practically playing 3 on 5 out there.

My only real gripe with Brown is that he overplays Kobe a bit and his rotations confuse me at times. Other than that, I think he has done a great job consideringthe circumstances.

I really want to see what Kobe will do if/when the Lakers either a) stop sucking so hard from downtown around him or b) force that to happen through a trade. The way he's balling right now with no spacing is nothing short of remarkable.

OKC is a terrifying team (almost as much as the heat), but it seems like every other win I see from them depends on Late Game Heroics. They will probably come out of the west, barring a surprise from the Spurs or Mavs(probably not but a guy can dream), but will lose to the Heat or the Motherfucking Chicago Bulls.

I think everyone is overrating OKC, I don't think they're near Miami's level. They are neither an elite defensive team, nor an elite offensive team (yeah they put up a ton of points in the regular season with their transition game, but what happens when the game slows down in the playoffs? They have no halfcourt offense). They rely too much on their perimeter scoring. They need someone who can get them easy buckets in the post. Ibaka and Perkins are not those guys. We'll see how far their talent carries them this year.

those three "world class, potential HoFers" looked very average last year against an old Mavericks team. actually, in that highly entertaining NBA Finals match-up last year, the only one out of those three who looked potentially world class, was Chris Bosh. and that in and of itself is hilarious
Wade had a monster Finals series, dude. I do think the Bulls have a shot at taking them down though. I think in order to beat Miami, you need three things.
1. Size in the paint
2. Depth to wear the Big 3 out; and
3. Enough quickness that both Wade & LeBron have to go around chasing people.

With Asik healthy, the Bulls have #1 covered between him and Noah. They definitely have the depth, if healthy.

What the Bulls might lack, and here Rip and some evolution from Watson will be key, is guys that will force both Wade & Lebron to exert a lot of effort running around on defense. It's still too easy to key in on Rose, and Deng if he's not moving doesn't require too much energy to defend. Boozer's interior passing and having a good series overall will also be key, and some nice minutes from Taj.

Oh and there are very few SGs in this league that can frustrate Wade, and Rip is one of them.

Last edited:
sup Serious? it's good to see you back here, spewing knowledge about the game, like you always do

as far as your Coach Mike Brown goes, I think really mixed signals. yeah, you're right, Coach Brown has a great defensive mind. probably the best defensive coach out there besides the the HCs of the Spurs, 76ers, and Bulls

but as far as offense goes, I think Mike Brown sucks. but hey, at least your Lakers have Kobe. if he plays like he did when he schooled LBJ + the Heat that other night, you're in the clear. in Cleveland, all Mike Brown did was "hey let's just give the ball to LeBron," which worked for a year or so, then that said plan blew up in their faces (usually come NBA Playoffs time in the Eastern Conference)

however, I still kinda like Mike Brown, sometimes I just hate that stupid face he makes during all the games he coaches in the NBA:

mike-brown.jpg

you've noticed that shit, right bro??

No interest in basketball, just posting to note that even outside of CE&P alex seems incapable of posting in a thread without personally attacking someone.

Please stop stalking me after I exposed your ignorance in another forum. This is a sports thread and we are men here, this aint the darkside, men tend to show emotion when it comes to sports. I never attacked Axl, I attacked a basketball team. In fact im learning from the guy, he was right about Chicago being one of the best defensive teams, i didn't know this so i googled it to confirm%). In other words, Axl dunked on me in this thread:)

^ TBH I hadn't even seen your post in CE&P when i posted that. Its funny that you think you actually proved something considering the entire point of my post was really just focusing on the fact that Islam isn't really growing in anywhere except a few isolated nations, most of which are not powerful states. When I said Asians I was basically thinking of Koreans+Japanese+CHinese. So I wrote one thing that wasnt factual, but was pretty much unrelated to my point and you act like its some sort of epic victory on your part.

Its also funny that you think im stalking you in S&G.

It seems like you just latch on to one small point you disagree with and attempt to derail the entire thread arguing with someone.

Last edited:
So I wrote one thing that wasnt factual, but was pretty much unrelated to my point and you act like its some sort of epic victory on your part.

I got plenty of private messages applauding me for that. Now you may go away, unless you have something you want to add to the discussion about the NBA?

OKC is a great team but they are too young to make anything happen. I love Durant though. One of the best shooters in the game, i wish he had that kobe bryant or dwayne wade killer instinct. But at least he has more of a killer instinct than Vince Carter and Tracy Mcgrady. Tracy Mcgrady had the most talent ever, maybe even more than Kobe, but he just didn't have that killer instinct and as a result, never won a championship ring.

Last edited:
let's keep the discussion relevant here guys. I took no offense to your words here, Alex007. S+G isn't CE+P. S+G is a refuge here, we're allowed to get passionate and say things that we normally wouldn't. as long as you don't say anything stupid, and actually make me have to edit your post, you can get away with a lot here

in other news... I hope the Cavs can make the playoffs on Kyrie Irving's back. if not, as a fan, this upcoming NBA Draft class has to be the best in recent memory. some good Big Men coming up from college, very soon, I think they will mostly translate to the NBA in a big way

I got plenty of private messages applauding me for that. Now you may go away, unless you have something you want to add to the discussion about the NBA?

OKC is a great team but they are too young to make anything happen. I love Durant though. One of the best shooters in the game, i wish he had that kobe bryant or dwayne wade killer instinct. But at least he has more of a killer instinct than Vince Carter and Tracy Mcgrady. Tracy Mcgrady had the most talent ever, maybe even more than Kobe, but he just didn't have that killer instinct and as a result, never won a championship ring.

Oh please, MyFinalRest is just obsessed with discrediting me since I told him off in a thread and the girl he is cyberstalking on this site agreed with me and he got all embarrassed. Dont flatter yourself.

But anyways back on topic ... how bout them WARRIORS!......

in other news... I hope the Cavs can make the playoffs on Kyrie Irving's back.

I would love for this to happen. I hate Lebron James and feel bad for people of Cleveland after his callous departure. If the Cavs make the playoffs I would be super have for the city. But i don't know anything about their team, who do they got and what do they got? Dallas just beat the Knicks today.

Why does Chris Bosh still get ragged on all the time?

He's become a metonym for crying. This is Nikki Minaj:

I hear the slick shit
Bitch you washed
All you hoes crying
Christopher Bosh

Twitter is awash with jokes about Bosh being a female, or a homosexual, bisexual, trisexual, tetrasexual. This is typical:

Mikhail Prokhorov ‏ @Fake_Prokhorov Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I am hear Nets lose to team from Miami by many points. Is great moral victory as Chris Bosh is for sure future WNBA Hall of Fame player.

After the Heat beat Portland without Bosh the other night, I heard Miami fans saying this team is better without Bosh. That's fucking ridiculous. Ever since he got here, we have been clamoring for him to be traded.

I think he probably doesn't give a shit. He's averaging 19 and 8 this year as the team's third option. He beat Atlanta on the road without Lebron or Wade. The Heat look like a lottery team when he's not in the lineup. In halfcourt sets, he assumes the role of the 5 because Joel Anthony can't catch a basketball. and so on

dude I don't understand how Chris Bosh is hated so much either. in fact, I would say I was most impressed with Chris Bosh out of Miami's Big 3 last year in the NBA Finals. both how he represented himself on the court, and off the court (Bosh seemed most humble, most real, even after Miami's eventual Finals loss). I completely agree with you that the Bosh haters here (Miami fans and haters alike) are WAY out of line

I would love for this to happen. I hate Lebron James and feel bad for people of Cleveland after his callous departure. If the Cavs make the playoffs I would be super have for the city. But i don't know anything about their team, who do they got and what do they got? Dallas just beat the Knicks today.

thanks for your support. the Cavs might not be the most dominant team in the NBA atm, but they do have a good team. a team that I am at least content enough with by their effort on a nightly basis. who does Cleveland have? well, they obviously have the runaway Rookie of the Year this year in the former Duke Blue Devil, Kyrie Irving. dude LIT IT UP this year in the All-Star Rookie/Sophomore game. the Cavs also have a Head Coach that I can get behind in Byron Scott, a great old-school, no bullshit type of figurehead. he's great for the team, his personality is spot on. besides that, they have a roster of players who fight hard for the ball and play good enough defense (players like Anderson Varejao come to mind)

at this point, I'm rooting for the Cavs to make a #8 or #7 seed in the East, and hopefully pull off an upset in the NBA Playoffs. THAT would be tight

regardless, the Cavs are LOADED with draft picks coming up this year, and the draft is looking like one of the best years in recent memory

I'm just happy that things aren't overall dismal, like they were the year after LBJ pulled the great Cleveland Screw-Job

there are so many funny Chris Bosh pictures out there...

chrisbosh-avatar.jpg

bosh-dinosaur.jpg

NSFW:
miamisupremes.jpg

and I'll just post this because I found this while doing a quick Chris Bosh image search:

NSFW:
Lebron-James-Loses-NBA-Finals.jpg

(NSFW for size)

FUCKING HILARIOUS PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor guy. He's a good guy and a good player and it sucks that everytime the heat lose the media blames Bosh.

Lebron's a faggot, and Wade thinks he's in a fashion show.

Axl you're right, Byron Scott is a great coach, and the young guys on Cavs are really going to improve under his coaching which focuses on the fundamentals of winning and how to get the job done. Alot of teams would kill to have a coach like Byron Scott.

I just watched some of Kyrie Irving highlights, this kid is a fucking BEAST, great ball handle great shot, what more can a team ask for other than a great beat to go along with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nZuEd7wlnI

New king in town indeed!

This season is all jacked up. The Heat look ridiculous because it's like they were the only ones who bothered to work out during the lockout, in addition to that they add crazy depth now so they won't fizzle out like they did against the Mavs.

The Knicks, who I guess I have some obligation to support, piss me off. This Linsanity thing reminded me of Woodstock: half a million people, and a field full of mud and shit, but the actual music wasn't anything special. Lin makes some dumb passes. Everyone wants to downplay his turnovers because he put up good stats elsewhere, but he slipped through the cracks for a reason. Watching him at the All Star game was painful. I don't think you can really call him a true point guard yet. He's a talented, quick, guy who can shoot, but NY is just a mess at the moment. I AM much more hopeful for them than I was at the start of the season though, but let's get past the first round yet before we put them ahead of the traditional Eastern powers.

Cavs got gutted, then won the lottery. The Lakers got fucked over by the league, and are doing what they can to get back at everyone for it. They always play better when they have something to prove. Spurs aren't dead yet, but they're getting there. They're still interesting to watch. I think OKC are pretenders at the moment, but I can't say for sure who's better than them in the West. Dallas made no secret of the fact that they are rebuilding, so that's just a wait and see situation.

After watching the past few Knick games, I've come to the conclusion that Novack should start over Carmelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.