View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25i-NBOME being compared to LSD, ego-dissolution

sheekle

Bluelighter
I see 25inbome being compared to LSD a lot. But a lot of people say it seems a bit less "spiritual" and more clearheaded while others say it's nearly identical to LSD.

I'm wondering whether or not it still has the ego-dissolution properties and the same type of general perception/humor that LSD has.

I and others often get very "giddy" on LSD. I feel like I've entered a higher level of consciousness and awareness. I often think about very big grandiose significant ideas that blow my mind and effect me to the core of my being. I start to think about something and the intensity of the acid disallows me from finishing my train of thought. I feel very child-like and things seem foreign and new. I get that one-with-everything effect and I get extremely in tuned with the present moment, during the come-down there is usually a point where all of my thoughts fade away and I am left with inner silence and an acute awareness of the present moment. This last one in particular is what I would consider to be "spiritual" although I'm not exactly sure if I really know what spiritual means. Coming to points of mutual understanding with fellow trippers becomes a lot easier than with people who aren't tripping, I feel like LSD = Love in a way.

Do these effects apply to 25i? Which ones? Do these effects apply to ALL psychedelics to some extent?

Next time I dose 25i I plan on making sure I get enough for a more full blown experience and I'm trying to make sense of what I'm in for in comparison to the LSD experience. I experienced very mild effects from 25inbome because the blotter still had a strong taste when I swallowed it if i remember which leads me to believe that I didn't allow it to properly absorb. Normally with a low dose of LSD i feel EXTREMELY clearheaded but this was not the case with 25i for me which is contradictory to the reports I've read about it.

Also, if the experience is overall less "spiritual" than LSD than would you say it's at least as spiritual as a high dose of cannabis?

Last edited:
Do these effects apply to 25i? Which ones? Do these effects apply to ALL psychedelics to some extent?

While I haven't had any experience with 25I-NBOMe (yet), I would say that I've had similar questions as these before I tried 2C-E which was my phirst fenethylamine experience. Before 2C-E, my only psychedelics were cannabis and/or psilocybe mushrooms. From reports on 2C-X substances, I wasn't sure if I should expect a mushroom-like trip, or something entirely different. Your questions sound very familiar to me.

With mushrooms I had never weighed doses. We simply counted out fresh mushrooms after picking them in the field, or counted out the same number of dried ones. As such, my mushroom trips were somewhat unpredictable in intensity and I certainly touched on the ++++ experience a couple times. But with 2C-E we started carefully at 12mg (low to medium intensity) and I loved the headspace. Visuals were completely different to the mushroom swirls I was used to. Very euphoric and pleasant to the point of giving a positive body high. I had never even thought to try experimenting with the body high of mushrooms because they had always detached my mind from my body. But with 2C-E I began to understand the fusion of mind and body on phenethylamine psychedelics. Now whenever I take a 2C-X I always try to make a shower or sexy times part of the trip timeline. I don't do the same with mushrooms as they are far more cerebral and out-of-body for me.

Since you probably never tried any 2C-X type compound, I suggest you read up on experiences of 2C-C, 2C-I, 2C-B, etc in order to familiarize yourself with the effects of this family. To be honest, after trying 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-P, 2C-T-7, 2C-C, and LSD, I would say LSD is far more similar to a mushroom trip than it is to a 2C-X trip.

EDIT: I would definitely say that any 2C-X has much more of the "spiritual" headspace than most people ascribe to cannabis; however, I have certainly had a few experiences with cannabis that were more "spiritual" than not.

Last edited:
i've taken 2ce before, 10mg. low dose

but yeah a lot of people say 25i is very similar to LSD that's why i ask about these specifically

I would say perhaps try 2C-E again at higher doses so you can feel it out. I've had ego-dissolution on mushrooms and LSD (all times fairly accidental because I had underestimated the dose or potency) and I have been careful enough with my 2C-X doses that I haven't really gone into ego-dissolution with any of them. But I certainly feel that the potential is there. I just don't have the desire to go that far at this time.

I would say perhaps try 2C-E again at higher doses so you can feel it out. I've had ego-dissolution on mushrooms and LSD (all times fairly accidental because I had underestimated the dose or potency) and I have been careful enough with my 2C-X doses that I haven't really gone into ego-dissolution with any of them. But I certainly feel that the potential is there. I just don't have the desire to go that far at this time.

Yeah for me 2ce seemed less ego-softening than LSD. LSD has lots of love.

I always question how strong of an experience other people have when they trip.

25I was similair to LSD I guess but it wasn't really, I think psych's are pretty different but the same and the way they are different is very hard to describe. It is like undescribable emotions / feelings. Also to answer your question youve got the right idea about 25I, it isn't that spirtual imho as well. I tried 1mg and it was suprisingly unspirtual and more of just a good time, could be a great substance for recreation.

i personally find 25-C less introspective and subconcious than LSD;; but i prefer 25-C as it has more of a 2Cx feeeling to it which i like a lot

Can anyone comment on the similarities between the NBOMe series of compounds and LSD as well as the 2C series. Is there less of a body load associated with the NBOMe series than there is with the 2C? Are the visuals produced by the NBOMe series more akin to those of LSD?
I have also remarked that most of the comparisons of the NBOMe series are made with LSD, rather than the 2C series, and just want some clarification.

There are differences between LSD and 25I but they do feel simalir in a lot of ways. If I had not experienced 25I and someone had given me 25I blotters as LSD I don't think I would have known the difference.

I've only ever had 25I once. I'll try to describe what I experienced.

The body high was similar to 2C-I or MDMA (to a slightly lesser extent). The visuals weren't overly intense; it was more an enhanced type visual effect ie. colours were significantly brighter, lights were intensely bright and welcoming to view and nature/pretty things were far more prettier. The headspace was less intense than LSD. I felt spiritually in touch to a large extent, and almost at one with nature. However, the experience lacked the deep thought that LSD tends to produce. Music was absolutely wonderful, it felt as though it was flowing through my body and co-ordinating my dancing epicly well. To say the least, I felt on top of the world.

Later I consumed some known LSD and the combination was absolutely wonderful. Can't begin to describe it as well as I'd like.

In summary, I'd describe this as very similar to MDMA, without the glued to the couch muntedness, and a slightly greater sensory increase (love for music and nature). The 25I alone didn't produce intense visuals. YMMV.

25i is not all that similar to LSD. I think people always try to compare stuff to other stuff, in that case it's a lot more like LSD or a 2C than some tryptamine.

Theres not much body load with NBOME's. Slightly more vasoconstriction than other psychedelics which may be a problem for some people at higher doses. When I took 3 tabs of 25D at supposedly 800mics each it felt like a bit too much. Not in the 'im tripping too hard' sense, I was pretty in control of my thoughts and actions. But it felt like my brain was working in overdrive, cranking out visuals as hard as I wanted them to be ;) Felt like it was burning me out.

Neither 2C's or NBOME's make me giddy and giggly the way LSD dose. That may be just me because I know people who love their 2C's.

If I had to compare the visuals I guess they are along the lines of a 2C or LSD. But it's a useless comparison. I saw differences between all the NBOME's which I could ramble on trying to explain.

I agree that it would probably be difficult for some people to tell the difference between a weak tab of LSD and 25I. At higher doses of 25I you will feel that it's lacking some "stuff". Am I right in assuming because 25I is potent at only a few select brain receptors (or even just one? I know LSD/Shrooms activate a lot more) this could be the reason people say the experience is less spiritual or lacking? Seems to make sense.

25i is not all that similar to LSD. I think people always try to compare stuff to other stuff, in that case it's a lot more like LSD or a 2C than some tryptamine.

Theres not much body load with NBOME's. Slightly more vasoconstriction than other psychedelics which may be a problem for some people at higher doses. When I took 3 tabs of 25D at supposedly 800mics each it felt like a bit too much. Not in the 'im tripping too hard' sense, I was pretty in control of my thoughts and actions. But it felt like my brain was working in overdrive, cranking out visuals as hard as I wanted them to be ;) Felt like it was burning me out.

Neither 2C's or NBOME's make me giddy and giggly the way LSD dose. That may be just me because I know people who love their 2C's.

If I had to compare the visuals I guess they are along the lines of a 2C or LSD. But it's a useless comparison. I saw differences between all the NBOME's which I could ramble on trying to explain.

I agree that it would probably be difficult for some people to tell the difference between a weak tab of LSD and 25I. At higher doses of 25I you will feel that it's lacking some "stuff". Am I right in assuming because 25I is potent at only a few select brain receptors (or even just one? I know LSD/Shrooms activate a lot more) this could be the reason people say the experience is less spiritual or lacking? Seems to make sense.

I'm definitely on your wavelength regarding the difficulty to compare the two. The two closest things that I've consumed (and there's a fuckload of people on here that have had more than me) to this substance are MDMA and 2C-I. 2C-I moreso. Still significantly different thought. I recommend this chemical though :D

Can anyone comment on the similarities between the NBOMe series of compounds and LSD as well as the 2C series. Is there less of a body load associated with the NBOMe series than there is with the 2C? Are the visuals produced by the NBOMe series more akin to those of LSD?
I have also remarked that most of the comparisons of the NBOMe series are made with LSD, rather than the 2C series, and just want some clarification.

generally the nbomes have a bodyload about equal to lsd. like a tingly energy that makes you want to move/jog/swim/something for the first hour. (25b has a nasty one tho, right on par with 2ce for bodyload in me)

people always try to compare everything to LSD, be it 2c-x or DOX. i think nbomes are the closest yet, but being a phenethylamine still they have resemblences to both 2cx and dox. i would find 2ci the closest reference point for 25i or even 25c

I think people feel like 25I is missing something because they know what they're taking isn't LSD, which is held as some kind of holy grail that everything else must be compared against (and, a priori, fall short of). I've taken 25I a dozen times and it's been a fulfilling experience just about every time, I don't think there's anything missing from it spiritually or otherwise. And I think anyone else who approaches it with an open attitude will also find it very rewarding.

25I feels more similar to DOI than to 2C-I to me. Likewise, 25C is more like DOC than 2C-C.

It really just depends. 25i is honestly garbage in my opinion. Made me feel like I was tweaking out and had a very uncomfortable body load. 25c has unbelievable LSD like visuals, but more chaotic, however has virtually no headspace or therapeautic value. After trying these two I decided NBOMes were basically just "trippy" party drugs, until I tried 25b. Although the visuals were dissapointing to say the least I was blown away by the headspace and how much the body trip reminded me of shrooms or lucy. Anyone who says NBOMes aren't effective as entheogens obviously hasn't tried 25b. I cought myself veiwing the world in ways I didn't think were even possible on any reasearch chemical.

It really just depends. 25i is honestly garbage in my opinion. Made me feel like I was tweaking out and had a very uncomfortable body load. 25c has unbelievable LSD like visuals, but more chaotic, however has virtually no headspace or therapeautic value. After trying these two I decided NBOMes were basically just "trippy" party drugs, until I tried 25b. Although the visuals were dissapointing to say the least I was blown away by the headspace and how much the body trip reminded me of shrooms or lucy. Anyone who says NBOMes aren't effective as entheogens obviously hasn't tried 25b. I cought myself veiwing the world in ways I didn't think were even possible on any reasearch chemical.
I know this is an old thread now, but I'd like to chime in. 25i was absolutely nothing like LSD except in it's ability to cause stimulation and visuals like many psychs. LSD visuals are much more detailed and precise in my opinion, compared to the one hitter chaotic visuals 25i gives. The body load is significantly terrible on 25i, while on LSD it's more like you're releasing cosmic energy. I remember when I first did 25i, I was told it was acid, and this did lead to it being very disappointing when all that happened were weird visuals, copious amounts of laughter, and pain through my body. There is zero mind-expansion in the way LSD expands consciousness, when it comes to 25i. The compound was overwhelmingly hedonistic, yet with LSD it is always overwhelmingly spiritual in a "figuring out the universe" sense to me.

To sum it up, those looking for LSD visuals OR mind expansion should try and find LSD instead. I would never recommend 25i, but if someone wanted a shallow and euphoric trip just for a trip's sake, then 25i might work.

One extra point: I've only seen 25i come anywhere near ego-dissolution when my roommate took an extremely high and dangerous dose. This more resulted in his not being able to communicate anything rather than experience some kind of revelation.

Also, if LSD is not something you can find, there are a variety of RCs that are not like LSD, but are very deep and spiritual. Examples are 2C-E (a sometimes challenging but incredibly deep substance), DOC (this is actually significantly similar to LSD), and most of the 4-HO/AcO tryptamines. I have not tried any of the NBOMes personally, but I have only heard a few people claim that they have any mental/emotional/spiritual depth whatsoever.

You know, I am on the same side as many people saying NBOMe's are garbage but I must admit that 25D gave me a feeling that came closest to the expression STP (serenity tranquility peace) - which is a nickname not for 25D but for DOM - than any other compound I have tried. Now, I've not tried DOM yet, but I intend to within the next year or so... 25D does make some promises for DOM somehow, and there is some value in the experience I got if only I didn't experience so much vasoconstriction in the extremities. So, shame - could have been good and comes close in some respects. If there weren't so many compounds that are superior on paper and if there weren't so many deaths (better said: if the occasional death reports weren't so damn puzzling!) perhaps I would have some inclination to trying the rest of the NBOMe's I collected.

It seems that in general, 'receptor-sluts' tend are more likely to induce ego-disillusion while more selective 5ht2a agonists tend not to. How should we operationalize "spirituality" in this conversation? Is it simply cognition oriented toward metaphysics, feelings of 'oneness', or what?

I, for one, find 25x-series compounds valuable, but I get really powerful head-trips, so I tend to like psychedelics that others find 'shallow', and I am not particularly prone to experiencing vasoconstriction.

ebola

I enjoy the feelings of oneness and universal connection aspects of LSD and mushrooms, which is why I was sorely disappointed in the nbomes. Not too mention the heavy bodyload, I'm very prone to vasoconstriction :(