• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking marijuana, left arm dull pain, panic attacks, HELP

ShadyPanther

Greenlighter
Ok so this started 2 or 3 weeks ago and I'm getting nervous I am 20 years old and I'm pretty sure i do not have lung cancer or heart problems but now every time I get extremely stoned I have to deal with all of this and it is pretty scary! I have found similar posts and it looks like anxiety.
I have begun experiencing weird feeling, thoughts, and pain.

- My shoulders and sides of neck ache and feel weighed down.

- My left arm feels weak and weighed down (I get a really dull pain).

- My feet and hands go into cold sweats

- I will get dull muscle spasms in arms, legs, and middle of chest.

- My chest will feel under pressure, sometimes a little ache.

- Feels hard to breathe, even though I can breathe fine.

- The way I look around is even more dizzier and makes me kind of sick.

I had a panic attack as well and it is something i do not want to go through again.
THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I GET STONED! CAN'T ENJOY SMOKING ANYMORE

Im in the same boat with weed and it sucks. Im 24 and had to quit after smoking for a decade because of pretty much exactly what is happening to you.

You are having bad panic attacks from the weed. Give yourself some time off. It may help.

Waiting it out is a good skill to learn and then master.

The uncomfortable feeling feeds on itself. In the best case you have a quiet place to go right after the anxiety begins to chill out and quiet your thoughts.

:)

Decreasing your overall use/dose will be of some benefit too. I bet you have been smoking so long you have forgotten what it is not to be resinated.

Stop for awhile and come back, it's necessary because once it's gotten to the point where it is now it becomes like Noodle said, feeding on itself.

My fiancee had simlair problems although they were probably synthetic cannabinoid induced but she just stopped for around 2 weeks and now she just smokes very very very little and always is careful to not overdue it. She still sometimes has anxiety / panic attacks but they are few and far between and for the most part, she can smoke weed normally now.

My fiancee had simlair problems although they were probably synthetic cannabinoid induced but she just stopped for around 2 weeks and now she just smokes very very very little and always is careful to not overdue it. She still sometimes has anxiety / panic attacks but they are few and far between and for the most part, she can smoke weed normally now.

Yeah synthetic cannabinoids are completely different, because you have no idea of what you are putting into your body. But good news is that, according to a military psych who had problems with soldiers smoking spice says, 7 out of 10 people who used to use spice on a regular basis, in for a week or up to a few months everyday or at least often, will recover within a week or two from the effects of spice on the brain. 3/10 didn't recover. Funny thing is that anti-psychotic medications didn't make any difference in the recover speed of the ill. Or how they were acting.

Personally, I have a friend that used spice daily and he broke into my friends house when I was living there for a couple months because my friend apparently owed him some money for issues. He knocked on the front door shoved it open and started attacking my friend. Luckily, myself and our other buddy was there to beat the shit out of him and get him out. I've read stories of people thinking they were zombies and going around biting people. Spice is not something to be fucked with.

But best of luck to you and your fiancee, I hope the best.

Haze

I smoked high grade weed everyday for 4 years then all of a sudden i had my first and worst panic attack of my life. my heart was beating 180 bpm for over an hour i thought i was going to die. Since then i have generalized anxiety disorder from the pot and have to take 3 .5 mgs of xanax a day.

- My shoulders and sides of neck ache and feel weighed down.

- My left arm feels weak and weighed down (I get a really dull pain).

[...]

- I will get dull muscle spasms in [...] middle of chest.

- My chest will feel under pressure, sometimes a little ache.

- Feels hard to breathe, even though I can breathe fine.

[...]

In early February I experienced these symptoms that I quoted almost exactly. I was winded easier than usual during the 3 weeks I was having chest pain, and would get dizzy whenever my heart started pumping harder than usual. After seeing the doctor, I was confident that the dizziness was caused by my reflex to start taking shallow, quick breaths thanks to the sharp pain I'd experience on regular and deep breaths.

Anyways, I went to see a doctor, told him what was going on and, just because my reason for coming in was constant chest pain, I underwent a quick EKG. It came back completely normal. After he looked at the results he "diagnosed" me with costochondritis, which can be attributed to a hit to the chest and/or anxiety and stress.

My guess is that you're stressed out and anxiety-prone when you're high. If the chest pain is serious, though, I'd recommend getting it checked out. It's probably nothing serious at all considering your age, but 2-3 weeks is a long time to experience chest pain and the heart ain't nothin' to fuck with.

Okay, I see these threads every day. And 9 times out of 10 you are gonna keep experiencing these things when ever you get high because your looking for them and being stoned makes it wayyyyy more easier the your brain to play tricks on itself.

Let me ask you something, did the panic attack happen because you were sitting there thinking about those sympoms and what terrible things might be wrong with you?

Or was your panic attack unrelated?

After he looked at the results he "diagnosed" me with costochondritis, which can be attributed to a hit to the chest and/or anxiety and stress.

My guess is that you're stressed out and anxiety-prone when you're high. If the chest pain is serious, though, I'd recommend getting it checked out. It's probably nothing serious at all considering your age, but 2-3 weeks is a long time to experience chest pain and the heart ain't nothin' to fuck with.

Dis.

I'd merged into anxiety//paranoia but this thread predates it and I don't want to have to reformat stupid mega AGAIN.

i have to agree with everyone, it seems to me like panic attacks from overuse. It's happened to me in the past, just lay off of it for a little while and it should resolve itsself in no time.

Not to go against the grain, but I had anxiety problems for a while - I took a small break (which didn't help, probs due to only being 3 days)

But whenever I start feeling a bit weird or get pains that make me nervous, I just remind myself i'm high as fook and just need to chill. Works for the most part...your milage may vary. :)

anxiety. my response in the past has been to either just stop smoking all together for a while OR smoke more frequently and build up a tolerance. See a doctor if you dont feel better but he will most likely chalk it up to stress/anxiety and have a chuckle at you worrying to much.

Stress can manifest into any physical symptom. Psychosomatic symptoms. When you are anxious and in panic mode your body is really stressing and it is really hard on your mind and body. Really try to relax and not worry.

Stop smoking pot for a while and see a doctor. He/She is the best person to judge your condition. Normally, it is said that the sativa strand of marijuana has a calming effect on those who suffer with anxiety such as myself. But the truth is, too much of anything isn’t good.

if smoking pot gives you anxiety, i would suggest you stop smoking pot.

^Do this.^

If I got such horrible panic or anxiety attacks from smoking herb like you did OP I wouldn't smoke pot. I have friends who used to love to smoke pot but no longer do because it gives them anxiety or panic attacks when they're stoned.

I also would see a doctor.

Pot puts me into pain. I started to notice this 25 years ago when I was in my late twenties, and what it does is to make my sensory input of touch/feel more sensitive. When I was young, I had few aches and pains, but as I grew older, smoking pot brought out all my old injuries. I no longer smoke it, but just grow it for others. No anxiety what so ever. Pot is a complex drug that effects people in different ways. Pot is NOT good for everybody, but the major pot heads don't get that and will say to try this or that.

Pot puts me into pain. I started to notice this 25 years ago when I was in my late twenties, and what it does is to make my sensory input of touch/feel more sensitive. When I was young, I had few aches and pains, but as I grew older, smoking pot brought out all my old injuries. I no longer smoke it, but just grow it for others. No anxiety what so ever. Pot is a complex drug that effects people in different ways. Pot is NOT good for everybody, but the major pot heads don't get that and will say to try this or that.

I agree. I think if you already have an existing heart condition smoking weed can exacerbate this. it is shown to cause changes and increases in heart beat which could compound in unpredictable ways. I doubt that smoking weed will send you directly into a heart attack but I do see it possible for it to trigger a panic attack and then to cause someone with a borderline heart to go over the edge. My brother had/has a heart murmor and said he would get terrible anxiety from smoking. It seemed like when I would see him smoke that it would kick him into fight or flight, really make him edgy.

Those first two symptoms can be symptoms of vasoconstriction/heart attack. Always get those checked out by a doctor.