• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How is codeine compared to Vicodin (hydrocodone)?

Jt723

Bluelighter
ive taken vicoden about 4 times in my life for some pain and found it quite nice. like i was chilin. kinda like the benzos but with more europhia. the were 5/500 mg. i only took 2. didnt use more than the max dose. niw i have codien #3 and i forgot the atrebt. i think # 3 30/300. those of you with opiate experiences, what should i expect and be the max dose? im in pain now, but i wanna feel relaxed oo. thanks

isn't that tylenol 3? depends o your tolerance and sounds like you have a very low one(lucky!)so take 1/2 more than you normally do and see how you feel w/in 1/2hr and take other half if don't feel. Golden rule applies always:can always do more, but can't take less once you do. peace!
yea i think it is i gotta take the bottle. vocodin is awsome took the paain away and made me feel good. ive never tried peks but ive heard there the strongest. i only got a hold to codien now lol

10mg hydrocodone is equivalent to anywhere from 60 to 90mg codeine, so take 2 or 3 pills.

Tylenol #3's and generics also have 30mg caffeine per pill.

6x

Vi-codin is 6x as strong of Codeine.
VI is Roman numerals for "6"
6-Codeine. Vicodin was named this way because it is 6x as strong as codeine.
Dilaudid, 2x as strong as Laudanum. Etc.

Because of morphine's low oral bioavailability, oral hydrocodone is actually equivalent dose for dose to oral morphine. (codeine being 1/6th as strong as morphine, and vicodin being 6x as strong as codeine, hydrocodone=(oral)morphine)

Hope this helps.

I always liked the codeine high but you need to take a lot more than vicodin to equal the results. I would say 90 to 100mg of codeine is equal to 10mg of vicodin but everyone is different & has different results.

Last edited:
i would waaaay rather hydrocodone that codeine, codeine is a waste of time in my opinion, some people like it but i find the side effects (namely the histamine recation i get) too unpleasant. in australia you can buy 5mg cod/ 500mg apap pills otc and between doses of h i would cwe a few hundred mg's just to stave off withdrawals but never for pleasure. when i was in the states recently i got a bunch of 5mg vic's and loved cwe'ing them, not as euphoric as nice h but still very enjoyable. perc's are even better. be careful man, you are starting to tread a dangerous path that once you start walking down you cant turn back on, opiate addiction sucks big time. i thought i was smarter than it but 2 years later im on the suboxone program trying to get my life back into order, things get bad fast with addiction. but in saying that have some good old safe fun, itll be interesting to see what you prefer.

also its really important for you to check out the notorious "cold water extraction" if you are going to go down the road of recreational use of opiates, as i can promise you it will spare you're body a lot of preventable and very serious harm, put simply, the cold water extraction (cwe for short) is a way to remove the extremely hazardous and toxic acetaminophen from the good stuff that gets you high, acetaminophen (apap for short) is very fucking awful for your liver and your kidney's in particular, and way more bad for you than people believe or realise, and although the chemical is relatively benign if used appropriately and sparingly, using even small amounts over the recommended dose can be very bad for you, worse yet it has a build-up effect and so every time you ingest apap it becomes even more harmful and toxic even if it's within the space of a few days especially if its within one day, don't mistake it for a "safe" chemical because you can buy it at walmart, this stuff WILL kill you, I mean once upon a time heroin was sold over the counter, as a non addictive safer alternative to morphine!?! but you take the piss with it and messing around with opiates is something that will almost 100% certainly make you end up using it in a very reckless and dangerous manner, apap is far more damaging to your liver than alcohol is and it only gets more and more damaging the more you take, i wont lecture you but there are an absolute TON of threads on understanding, performing and perfecting CWE's all over bluelight (if you get confused by the threads check youtube, video demo's are very helpful if you don't quite understand the threads) and all over every forum even slightly affiliated with drug use of any kind, it is of the utmost importance that you look at these threads and understand and use the technique once you start using more apap than you should (although in my opinion any amount taken is more than should be ingested by a human or otherwise) the procedure is dead easy btw and is very quick, you don't need any fancy equipment or chemicals the main things you need are cold water and a coffee filter (or any kind of filter as long as its a good one with a fine mesh) here is a couple of threads to get you started off -

Cold water extraction of opioids (best one) - http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Cold_Water_Extraction_of_Opioids
Dangers of Acetaminophen (MUST READ THIS) - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/590394-Panadeine-and-Paracetamol-Potential-Liver-Damage
cold water extraction made simpler: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/272847-COLD-WATER-EXTRACTION-made-simple(r)
Harry's cold water extraction procedure: http://thecoffeedesk.com/geocities/cold-water-extraction.html

also please don't make the mistake of thinking that because the daily limit is 4000mg of acetaminophen that its safe to take 4000mg all at once, because doing that is a one way ticket to the hospital and if you are a bit out of luck and happen to be sensitive to the effects of acetaminophen (which is not at all uncommon) or have a liver that’s just more sensitive to damage than normal people’s (something that you aren't likely to know unless it's too late) it will also prove to be a one way ticket to the afterlife, always follow the instructions on the packet and never stray from them, i have seen far too many people on this forum say taking all 4000mg at once is fine as long as you don't exceed that dose in 24hrs, it is definitely not, never exceed 1000mg per dose and always wait 4 or more hours between doses, the longer the better

Sorry if any of this is condescending, its just you are clearly new to this and im trying to make it as clear as can be so that you do it and do it right, I’d rather piss you off and help save your liver, than spare your self esteem and let you fuck you’re life up and risk dying, and I wish so much that I had always done a CWE before dosing, anybody that uses this site and has ever used otc/rx opiates will all tell you the same things as I have, it may sound silly but im not dicking around, it really is a serious thing, I have no idea what the pharm companies are doing putting all this horrid shit into pills containing incredibly addictive substances that have definite recreational value it’s as if they want all users to die, because trust me once the opiates have you in its grasp your liver will become the least of your concerns and you wont give a fuck about the danger involved, and an opiate addiction is in no way a quick affair, it will at the very least last a good few months and if you’re messing around with acetaminophen that’s all it takes to permanently ruin your life and even take it away, so make performing CWE’s a habbit from the start and save yourself a lot of fear, a lot of heartache and a lot of life, or better yet don’t get into opiates because their grip is stronger than diamond.

If you ever need any advice make sure you shoot me a PM and I’d be more than glad to help, and sorry for lying about this not being an essay but better safe than sorry.

Take care and heed this warning. Corin.

wired?

10 mg of hydrocodone = 60 mg codeine, generally, but everybody's response to codeine is different due to biological enzymatic differences. There are those who get nothing from codeine as they can't metabolize it, some who get very little as they can't metabolize it well, and for some people it is a perfectly good opiate. I remember hearing someone telling me once "Tyelnol 3's are like hitting the jackpot". I have to assume she was a good metabolizer. Also, there is an element of personal taste. Hydrocodone is generally regarded as more euphoric and more stimulating than codeine, and codeine can be more subtle even at true equipotent doses for good metabolizers. I, myself, am luckily a good metabolizer and appreciate it's effects. Codeine is a drug that really varies in effect from person to person, so start at a modest dose and work your way up slowly.

I'm going to edit the title of this thread for correct spelling (for searching in the future and archiving purposes).