• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 8th dose, I can't sleep so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some dosing advice, I have a close person who is dead bent on trying something psychedelic, but they're on a SSRI (escitalopram 10mg/day) so they cannot trip with common psychedelics such as mushrooms. They even tried stopping their medication to trip, despite my advise against it, becoming pretty badly depressed after only three days of absistence having to restart their medication. So to satisfy their curiosity, it would seem like methoxetamine has to fulfill the role of the psychedelic.

First of all, is something like 30mg (or 60mg spreaded dosage) of MXE safe to take with such an SSRI? Would this be a good dose for someone who hasn't had any experience with psychedelics or dissociatives (not sure about dxm) before (but have smoked more than plenty of weed and taken other drugs, except stimulants)? They want a meaningful experience but obviously not an overwhelming one. If it ends up happening, I will be their trip sitter and responsible for the dosing, so I would really appreciate any input. I am experienced with psychedelics and dissociatives myself, but my adventures with MXE have always been with rather high doses so I don't know how to approach the substance with lower dosage. Perhaps some boosting is in order?

I would especially appreciate experiences of people who were inexperienced with tripping/dissociatives and had their first truly psychedelic/dissociative experiences with MXE.

Escitalopram doesn't effect psychedelics at all for me. But I guess it's highly individual.

SSRI's and MXE are not known to have any dangerous interactions. I've been on an SSRI all the time I've done MXE, never had any problems. Well the only problem was I did too much MXE...

30 mg is safe, I've taken 140 mg on escitalopram. Anyway for the first time, 30 mg is certainly enough. My first experience was with 25 mg sublingual and it was definitely a real dissociative experience. MXE is not really like psychedelics in regard to fear and anxiety, if you don't do high doses the chance of having frightening experiences is quite slim.

I'd say 25-30 mg sublingual would be a good dose if they want a meaningful but not overwhelming experience. Doses of 20 mg and below mostly tend to produce a sedated, opiate-like feeling. As the dose is increased so is the stimulation so I mostly feel drowsy and tired with small doses. I wouldn't recommend boosting for a novice. 60 mg, even with spread doses is far too much for a novice.

If your friend likes MXE, remember to point out it's addictive. It may feel like it has no side effects, especially in the beginning, but it does.

You guys partake in some SERIOUSLY bad behaviors and you wonder why mxe is getting banned. One look at the guy who had a bad trip on this page is more than enough reason to ban it. You realize that a majority of you who want this to stick around should be kind of annoyed with reports like that. I wish some of you would just lay off. Its not ketamine and shouldn't be used in a manner some of you take it in. Using it like its used with members on here for comedowns and such should be frowned upon.

I agree. But problems with MXE aren't always a result of someone taking heroic doses and doing some very stupid or dangerous things and ending up in ER. MXE fucked me up because I did it too often. Sometimes my doses were over 100 mg, but mostly I stayed between 30-50 mg. It was mostly when I redosed I did doses that were over 50 mg. I've had one disastrous experience but I suspect it was because impurities in a batch because it raised my blood pressure to the point where I almost fainted. But other than that I've never really done anything stupid on it, but when you start taking 20-30 mg doses after work to relax many days in a row and suddenly notice you have to take 60+ mg to actually have a real dissociative trip things have just gone too far. And then came the mental side effects, where MXE started working really strangely for me, impairing my speech, erasing my short term memory, inducing dysphoria, ruining tryptamine trips when it always had a great synergy with trypts, producing severe hypertension etc. And all this at (for me) low doses, 30-40 mg. All magic with MXE is gone.

So while people taking heroic doses and getting into trouble, hence contributing to the authorities banning it, there's also the long term side effects that come lingering slowly, and when you notice them it's already too late. And much of this is attributed to the illusion that is "has no side effects", which I very naively believed in because I didn't have them for the first 1,5 years.

Actually while I'm taking a long break from the stuff now I don't even feel any urge to do it. I just had bad experiences all the times before I stopped.

I've taken about 1.5g in total of which 500mg was taken throughout the past 4 days. Jaw tension/cracking has been the only negative effect aside from the expected short term memory loss, disorientation and poor motor control. My highest dosage was 150mg in which I floated around in darkness for a couple hours before returning to my body. The results have been positive thus far, it has turned me cheerful and sociable.

How dangerous increase in blood pressure after a small dose (~ 20 mg)?

If you don't have a pre-existing condition, 20 mg will not increase your blood pressure much. Magnesium does wonders foor high blood pressure on MXE.

One look at the guy who had a bad trip on this page is more than enough reason to ban it.

people having bad experiences aren't good reasons to ban drugs ffs.

still never got anything good out of this, it's like a shit longer lasting version of k, boo hoo big loss.

Does mxe have some gaba activity or how does it cause this feeling of beeing on a mixture of alcohol and benzos?

lol, is it legit? It's a chemical. Is it cheap? Like anything else, depends where you get it. Is it legal? Like anything else, depends where you live.

im asking if its real good like vicodin or ketamine as opposed to nutmeg and jwh. since its legal i have a feeling its the latter

It is 'real good' if you are into dissociatives, it is a chemical analog of ketamine, so, if you like that there is a good chance you will like mxe.

They just banned it.... Fucking hell... looks like ketamine only from now on...

Went to my vendor website today to order some more and it just got banned last week in the UK... which is where my vendor is... fuck fuck fuck... fuck fuck... fuck...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.