11th Issue Heroin Discussion v. So I warmed the piss up in my mouth

Would you rather be...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
some people i swear man are just clueless in this world and its kinda scary

what happened to people having common sense? its like with technology nowadays people dont know how to function with out it...

im suprised he didnt break out is iphone and ask SIRI what to do

People Just do not want to get arrested for trying to save a friends life & they question calling the cops.

This should be more proof than anything, that locking people up for trying to do the right thing is such bullshit.

hide the drugs while the cops are on their way, say yall planned on goin to bar and you came over to pick him/her up and found them like that..tell them whatever but still call them

fuck id rather get arrested and go to jail if need be it cause i called the cops and they found drugs then watch my friend die from an overdose and know that i was the reason they died cause i was too afriad to call..i cant believe people would be that selfish

like we said before if anything crush up some subs and give it to them if your too afraid to call the cops

my good friend spent 3years in jail cause his girl shot herself n his house and he called the police..now they ended up really looking at him for murder cause ther was supposedly 5-10mins between the time she shot herself and the time he called..but that ws because he like 20plants in his basement, 5pounds of weed and like 90grams of coke among other little things in his house and from what he said she was already dead and he tried hidng as much as he could but they still found it and arrested hm or that shit

crazy though, it was her birthday, me and a buddy slept over the night before cause we were partying with them for her bday, doing all kinds of crazy shit..she was one of the coolest and most beautiful girls ive ever met and it sucks she did that to herself but its obvious she had problems..but i can still see her face

Some states cover that with the good samaritan law which means you can't be charged for a head stash if you call 911 for someone you are with that OD'd. One of the problems is that they don't advertise this. I'm in NY where the passed this law recently, and I guarantee that if you ask any junkie if they heard of it, almost all of them will say no.

NY is also the state that has decriminalized Marijuana yet the cops keep arresting people for pot. Those pigs always find some bullshit loophole to fuck the general population over.

You got any info on that law that says you cant get locked up over helping a friend or whatever in a OD?

Here (and lol at the pic in the article).

Most states have it to protect EMT workers and other people that volunteer to help someone that needs medical attention, so that they can't be criminally prosecuted if they make a mistake that costs the person their life. I'm sure that a civil case can still be allowed though. They then expanded it to include drug users, but not every state has adopted that part of it.

taht good samaritian law. im pretty sure illinois is in the process of passing a law similiar to it here also for the same reasons, that you wont be arrested for calling the police when someone your with is ODing..they are sick of people just drroppin people off on the side of the road when that happens instead of calling the cops...they actually might have passed it already.. know i read about it a few months back and posted about it here but dont remeber exactly what it talked about in the article

and in NYC with the weed thing..dont they do some shit like have you pull it out then arrest you for it..i think i saw something where its decriminalized and you can possess it as long as its not in public, so instead of them reachin in your pocket and pullng it out they make you do it, and then you pull it out and now its in "public view" and thats how they arrest you for it..but as long as its in your pocket its ok

what ive been thinking about recently is..say a cop rolls up and you just take off running but you did nothing wrong, have warrents no nothing and then they catch you and arrest you for resisting arrest..how are you resisting arrest when all you did waas run? they wernt tryin to arrest you when you started to run, so how is that resisting?

^ I think that's just fleeing a police officer or resisting.

As far as the weed thing goes, I just thought that decriminalization meant that if you have under 25 grams you just get an appearance ticket for it instead of getting arrested.

^ I saw you post that the othe day, but I misread it thinking it meant they were getting violations that way, instead of arrests. If I get back into week again I'll keep that in mind. Now if only they made the dope laws the same....

"In short, New York City cops put 50,000 people behind bars last year for marijuana possession — even though the state decriminalized it in 1977 — and they refuse to stop."

Pretty fucking amazing that they locked up that many people for something that is legal to have. Just shows everyone on how these sneaky fuckers go out their way to lock people up. Such bullshit the stuff they do, they should be locked up for doing all that bullshit. But no these cops run around like they have immunity

From chinkys link:

Illinois becomes the fifth state in the nation (with New Mexico, Washington, Connecticut and New York) to pass that law.A new law signed by Gov. Pat Quinn Monday would allow people like him to call 911 and report an overdose without fear of facing criminal charges for drug possession.

^^^weed is not legal, by decriminalzing they mena that they can give you a tickt with a 100$ fine not arrest you...but this is what i was talking about..how in nyc they make you pull the weed out and then arrest you for it for being in public view

"Under the Marijuana Reform Act of 1977, possessing up to 25 grams of cannabis (about nine-tenths of an ounce) is a citable offense similar to a traffic violation, punishable by a maximum fine of $100. But if the marijuana is "burning or open to public view," that's a Class B misdemeanor, punishable but up to three months in jail. An officer who uses intimidation or coercion to convert the former offense into the latter, thereby providing a pretext for an arrest, is breaking the law."

Don't take my word for it. In a directive issued last September, New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly reminded the city's cops that "the public display of marihuana must be an activity undertaken of the subject's own volition." He said the charge is not legally appropriate "if the marihuana recovered was disclosed to public view at an officer's discretion."

Why did Kelly think it was necessary to remind his officers that they are supposed to follow the law? He was responding to complaints that police in New York manufacture misdemeanors by instructing people they stop to take out any contraband they might have or by searching them (ostensibly for weapons) and pulling out a joint or a bag of pot.

Such tricks help explain why pot busts have skyrocketed in New York City during the last decade and a half, even while marijuana use (as measured by government-sponsored surveys) has remained about the same. From 1997 through 2011, according to figures compiled by Queens College sociologist Harry Levine, the number of low-level marijuana arrests averaged about 39,000 a year, 14 times the average for the previous 15 years.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/02/08/new-yorks-illegal-pot-crackdown

i watched a whole documentary on PBS(i think it was PBS) on it, that why i know so muh

Status
Not open for further replies.