• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Desomorphine (Krokodil) experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Visualize God looking down at you with his face in his palm.....

I'd much rather visualize this..
sijra.jpg

^Hmm, who painted that? That guy does look like every junkie I've ever met at an NA meeting on the East Coast....Interesting how the background just looks kind of like shitty peeling paint, but it's actually a rough world map...

Edit:On second thought, I have a feeling he's shooting coke...sweaty hair and all...

I'm surprised some drug lords with time, money and resources haven't opted to make 6-Methylenedihydrodesoxymorphine from hydromorphone. 80 times stronger than morphine with an onset of action that is much much faster while remaining the same in duration.

Desomorphine though, from my experience and friends is literally the freebase crack cocaine of opiates. Horrible stuff due to the short duration and even more horrible when it's cooked improperly in a kitchen by desperate addicts and not purified.

^If how hard something is to pronounce has anything to do with how hard it is to make, I'm sure that has something to do with it!

Sounds promising though, like fentanyl but much longer acting...

^It's not like "Krokodil" got a fake passport and snuck into the US from Russia, it's an internet "recipe"...In a country the size of the US, a few people were bound to try it...Trying to mass produce it and sell it to users as "heroin" is really the only way I can see that a lot of people could end up using it, and I don't see that as being a viable option...

Now, if there was access to unlimited OTC codeine and you could make a big batch of it that would last you 2-3 days, and you knew how to clean it up so it didn't cause flesh rotting abcesses, I'm sure it could be big...

Looks like this little thread made the news http://www.vocativ.com/10-2013/krokodil-flesh-rotting-horror-coming-plague/?utm_source=taboolattp://

Also good to see these pricks only selectively quoted "positive" posts rather than the 90% advising against it & offering constructive advice.

“I’d be down to try the pure form, aka <<clean>> form, not the homemade shit,” writes one user, PurpleKush1, in early October. The thread’s moderator, Guido, whose profile suggests he lives in New York, adds: “I have prepared it in the past for myself and a few friends when I was a heroin addict… When synthesized correctly with proper equipment and purified correctly it doesn’t cause any damage.”

jesus you two i would be watching your backs now been a lot more careful where i score and shit

It's also very potent propaganda.
You could take a select few of any group of users of serious drugs of addiction - the type of of addictions that lead people that neglect basic safety procedures - and create graphic news-fodder like the "krokodil epidemic".

Shake and bake meth...never any violent disasters there?

I say take some of this shit we are fed with a pinch of salt.
A pinch of "bath salts".
And propaganda keeps ticking along. "Oh my fucking god! Look at what addicts will stoop to even when their DOC is legal/semi legal"
There's a simple message to the masses with all this horse, er, crocodile shit.

I have a friend in Russia,that have seen several people shoot this shit.The high is something like Heroin.It hits the brain very fast like H and Hydromorphone,so I can understand why some people has taken it if they were in deep withdravals etc.But damn it,why cant the Goverment start just a little program for addicted people,especially people that were harmed by crocodil?Bup or Metadone or something else,just so they cant get away from the destruction of their lives?Damn I´m glad I dont live that place.

^^

That's basically the reason why it is taking over Russia. The government is so strict against drugs, there are no methadone clinics, no bupe, no real good means of opiate replacement therapy to get clean. That combined with the fact that heroin is expensive, and it's so cheap to make krokodil from codeine (which is OTC), it's no wonder that so many addicts are turning to that garbage. But the government is content to just let them all die.

For those interested in first hand documentation of "krokodil dens" (thats what they call them in Russia): Search google for "притон" (=den) and watch the videos by "tauekb" (a small TV channel in the Ural region). These are die hard anti-drug activists who team up with local police to raid suspected sites, bully and arrest the users. The smell of solvents seems to be so overpowering that it spreads throughout the whole building, so it's quite easy for any neighbour to identify them. What you will notice is, that most addicts do not show signs of the type of tissue decay that the mainstream news is revolving around. The injectable liquid itself seems to be the color of urine. They use Pentalgin tablets for extraction (just 8mg of codeine with 2 or 3 co-ingredients) and when questioned how they got them (despite being Rx medicine), most say that certain pharmacies will sell them to anyone they know (not to be with police).
Im not living in Russia, but the social (or rather national) stigma surrounding drug use seems to be at an all time high, going back to Soviet times where it was proclaimed that narcotics abuse was strictly an evil, capitalist vice. As you can see in that show, addicts are treated on par with pedophiles.
In Russia, merely having drugs in your blood will get you an administrative penalty of 1-2 weeks detention.

For those interested in first hand documentation of "krokodil dens" (thats what they call them in Russia): Search google for "притон" (=den) and watch the videos by "tauekb" (a small TV channel in the Ural region). These are die hard anti-drug activists who team up with local police to raid suspected sites, bully and arrest the users. The smell of solvents seems to be so overpowering that it spreads throughout the whole building, so it's quite easy for any neighbour to identify them. What you will notice is, that most addicts do not show signs of the type of tissue decay that the mainstream news is revolving around. The injectable liquid itself seems to be the color of urine. They use Pentalgin tablets for extraction (just 8mg of codeine with 2 or 3 co-ingredients) and when questioned how they got them (despite being Rx medicine), most say that certain pharmacies will sell them to anyone they know (not to be with police).
Im not living in Russia, but the social (or rather national) stigma surrounding drug use seems to be at an all time high, going back to Soviet times where it was proclaimed that narcotics abuse was strictly an evil, capitalist vice. As you can see in that show, addicts are treated on par with pedophiles.
In Russia, merely having drugs in your blood will get you an administrative penalty of 1-2 weeks detention.

Still, I don't think you'll find anyone on here with actual krokodil experience. I'd be VERY surprised.
Isn't this website Russia based...the .RU part....anyone know the difference between homebake heroin and krokodil ...ones eye drops the other is a codiene to morphine to heroin conversion right

Would pure desomorphine (krokodile) with no impurities be toxic? It's just morphine minus a single oxygen atom at the 6 position of the morphinan structure. If it is why is it toxic?

No, it isn't as toxic as krokodil when it's pure. It's the way they synthesize it (or rather attempt to synthesize it, because the yield is so low that you can actually say that it's a mixture of a few opioids that make them high, not only desomorphine). Pure desomorphine is not equal to krokodil at all.

Last edited:
I am generally not one to tell someone not to use a particular drug, in fact I think this right now is the only time I ever flat out told anyone that they should not take a particular drug. In Russia where it's from, a lot of other countries, and even some cities in the US where this is around you can get codeine cough syrup and that's what the krokodil is made from. I know this may be a stupid question, but if the cough syrup with codeine was around why do the krokodil addicts not just chug the cold medicine with codeine in it? If they got one with just the codeine and none of the acetiminophen or other potentially toxic drugs I'm sure they could get their fix provided they drank enough of it. I seriously do not get why anyone would use this substance given the wide range of mind altering chemicals someone could find that don't eat away flesh. There are literally thousands, perhaps millions of different substances out there that are psychoactive. Why on Earth would anyone choose to consume this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.