• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Desomorphine (Krokodil) experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much deeper can we fuckin fall?

Me, You, He, She, They, WE all have lost our humanity..It's true, you all know that it is, everyday we see people lying on the road, sometimes dead, and the very most of us doesn't give a fuckin shit!!! We have to admit it, this is the fuckin truth...It's the way the whole world moves on, the "progress", the "improvement". The last decades we made a lot of big steps in "material progress'', we have improved the way we living, but i think that somewhere in the distance, we lost our humanity (or a big part of it). I hope that this hasn't happened to all the people, or better, maybe it happened to the most, but i'm fuckin sure that there are a lot of people who resists and they still wanna be human, first of anything all. Also i hope that the junkies esp.wouldn't leave a people lying on the road, after an OD. I know, i'm totally out of the meaning of the thread, but the vids were too scary. And finally, what? Nobody makes something to help these miserable peoples..The government seems to ignore the problem, so the only way for them to get some help, is from some conscious Dr.s, from people that wanna help, and, of course, from The One that all the universe wait to help...cause, yeah, a lot of these people are in a condition that neither Drs, neither people, can make something useful for them...only God...

MartinFn

P.S:So love<3, mates, love<3 and nothing more, it's only that we can give (at least the cheaper of us..!) I'm not from Russia or a country from the "East Block", as it was saying, and in fact, in my country we have ruther a lot of Russian refugees, and the most of my compatriots don't want them here, they want them back in their countries or in jail, (speaking of the truth, sometimes i agree with them, cause the half (and ruther more) of them, are or have relations with criminals...It's obvious that the fuckin coin has two sides...fuckin fuck...

MartinFn

Last edited:
Why is it that almost every thread on OD these days features someone posting 'I'm not bashing, but...' before ripping into the poster above them, or aggressively querying 'what the hell is the point of this thread?' Harm minimisation requires knowledge of the harm (globally), and given that many of us on this forum are addicted, unhappy, fragile and unwell, throwing insults and exasperated gusts of superiority seems a lot more harmful than the OP drawing attention to a truly horrific example of the damage done by prohibition or someone asking if there are ways to make kitchen cemistry safer. I've thrown jibes of my own and posted things I'm not proud of, but I don't think I'm the only one who finds this forum, all too often, unfriendly and dominated by discussions being shut down and topics put out of reach when they don't violate the user agreement. I don't see the harm minimisation in condescension or admonitions to shut up. Asking 'is there a way to make this safer?' in any drug-related context is a harm reduction question, and if people feel they can't ask them here without risk of being flamed, they might just roll the dice and end up in Emergency or worse.

I swear, sometimes lately it's felt like OD's being infiltrated by the Tea Party. I think the 'Warning: you are entering a heavy-handed war zone' line underneath the OD link on the front page should be re-instated. Or maybe a new forum should be set up for those who want to throw insults and categorically dismiss/dismantle other forum members. Harm mimimisation is an ethos and policy approach: not a rigid doctrine to be enforced by inquisitors. But then, this seems to be what happens to all progressive movements, from liberalism and the Civil Rights Movement to harm reduction and feminism. Common cause devolves to factionalism, in-fighting, pissing contests and cliques. Apologies for sounding such a gloomy note, but I spend a lot more time on BL than I should, and I seem to keep seeing more and more cheap shots, preremptory closure of threads, and vicious ad hominems thrown around at often young kids for crimes such as posting in the wrong forum or asking a question that seems ignorant to us veteran drug users, who maybe shouldn't be so proud of our expertise in intoxication.

I actually find this thread really interesting (as you can all tell by my multiple posts). The thing is, I don't believe that it is in the spirit of harm reduction personally, to give out tips on how to purify powerful opioids after a crude synthesis. Unless, the person attempting to do this has a real good knowledge of chemistry, and access to the necessairy agents and tools needed to create high grade Desomorphine, than it shouldn't be attempted. You're average opiate user (like myself for example), would have absolutely no way of knowing what he/she's end product would containe. Despite that, this chemical in pure form is pretty damn potent, and without knowing the purity of your yield, you would also have no real way to dose accurately.

That's just my Oppinion though. I can see an argument for a safer cooking method and purification process from a harm reduction perspective in a sense, but I feel as though even with that information, there's still likely going to be a lot more harm created from it then good.

Further proof Russia needs some sort of opiate maintenance or AT LEAST clean needle exchange.

Access to bupe or even methadone would do wonders for those poor people

Krokidil sounds like fucking HELL! I'd love to try pure Desomorphine made by an actual chemist though.

Wow. Why is this thread here?! To the topic starter--Why are you asking? Can you make cat shit into a pure nugget of gold? No. This is really lame to even ask. Harm reduction or not this "drug" is most compareable to giving a baby a a bear trap to play with. Even IF you could purify this trashy shit who would want to waste their time? Not bashing but if you are wanting to use krokoshit you will more than likely pay a hefty ass price that would be so Not worth it, its not even worth asking...imho

Desomorphine is not some sort of inherently nasty drug that will eat away at your skin if you take it. The problem is that converting it from codeine results in an apparently very impure form of Desomorphine that is hell when injected.

There is nothing wrong with this thread -- the OP is just asking if there is a way of purifying the drug. He is trying to AVOID the nasty effects you hear about.

I agree this thread should be here for harm reduction, as there is SO MUCH HARM involved with clandestine use of this psychoactive compound

heroin ... diamorphine + mix
krokodil ... desomorphine + mix

Maybe the thread should be called desomorphine experiences, as no one in their right mind would voluntarily inject the mixture known as krokodil. Anyone managed to synth clean(er) desomorphine other than the ways utilised by impoverished Russians? How was it? Steering this thread in the right direction ;)

I just can't see anyway that someone would be able to "safely" synthesize this product, using easy to obtain household products and codeine, and then manage to extract the Desomorphine using more easily obtainable equipment.

But then again, I'm no chemist and if it can be done, than yeah, a lot of lives and limbs can probably be saved.

My God... Seeing some of those pictures makes me want to cry. How could they continue to put that shit into their bodies when they can see exactly what their going to do/are doing to their bodies :( Sooo sooo sad. I understand addiction and I cannot imagine the lives that some of those poor people have to live with, but still.. God Almighty. The fucked up Russian Government needs to URGENTLY do something about this :(

Still, I don't think you'll find anyone on here with actual krokodil experience. I'd be VERY surprised.

Since if you're already doing Krokodil, you probably sold your PC years ago (when you were still on smack) and are living on the streets.

The thread lies in physical suffering for our third wold siblings and mental insanity for our first world siblings. Both conditions are deadly and just as painful.
So Russia is a third world country?
We are human. We are children of creation.
*AHEM* Evolution.. :)

Last edited:
Yes I inject this stuff on the daily, it's a real bitch when you miss a shot though.

So far my right arm and left leg have been amputated and my left arm has a feel similar to that of what I would assume a dragon to feel like. Totally worth it man stuff gets me higghhhh :)

/sarcasm

8)

My God... Seeing some of those pictures makes me want to cry. How could they continue to put that shit into their bodies when they can see exactly what their going to do/are doing to their bodies :( Sooo sooo sad. I understand addiction and I cannot imagine the lives that some of those poor people have to live with, but still.. God Almighty. The fucked up Russian Government needs to URGENTLY do something about this :(

Even if they did make the codeine pills prescription only, it wouldn't matter. I saw a report about Russia and Coaxil users/Corrupt pharmacists - basically there are tens of pharmacys in moscow, and almost at least one in every city where the pharmacist will sell you ANYTHING (morphine, speed etc.) for a little extra. The report was on people injecting Coaxil (an anti-depressant) and getting the same shit krokodil users get (necrosis, and ugly shit like that) because there are small undisolved water-insoluble particles in the fillers/binders of coaxil pills that will block blood vessels and you will get no blood circulation to a limb and end up like the desomorphine users you saw.

I'm sure if they are using "Krokodil", they will not be using a computer. Someone using krokodil cannot care about using a computer. They can't afford heroin in eastern Europe.

@bananasandoranges

chill out

god forbid it be discussed based on chemical makeup and anecdotal report?

hope everyone here isnt as quick to be rude as yourself, or maybe you're just the krokodil police

All of the grusome photos are the result of injecting huge amounts of iodine, red phosphorus, α-chlorocodide (without going into synth- the basic prescursor in the production of desomorphine) and dihydrodesoxycodeine (an intermediary in production, a drug in its own right which is not designed for IV use- as all codeine derivatives)...so really, all of these problems are caused by poor synthesis- I'm sure there are a handful of junkie Chemists who use proper methodology and probably make a killing selling the pure product operating somewhere in Eastern Europe.

It's like homebake here in NZ- I've seen homebake heroin that is literally ink black- hold it up to a light and it's black, while I've also seen clear homebake that only has the slightest yellow tinge when held up to a light. The best commercially (i.e by a gang & distributed) produced heroin I've ever seen was a 'full bake' (the codiene-heroin synth on the internet that stopped being common 91ish) and the beigh powder I got started life as a OTC codeine pill.

The pictures, in my opinion, are extremely similiar to pictures (and experience, ugh) with IV meth users. I think the main thing that all of this proves is IVing red phosphorus and iodine, even in small amounts, is extremely toxic and over a prolonged period of time it will have severe physiological effects. Duh. The amount of overdoses, as well as some of the 'unique' symptoms of krokodil OD leads me to believe that many 'overdoses' are not 'true' overdoses, but rather key parts of the synthesis are botched and the syringe contains 90% codiene/α-chlorocodide/dihydrodesoxycodeine. Inject that shit and you fucking die- but it isn't a true opiate OD, it's more like a massive allergic histamine reaction.

But then again, we already knew this. I can't believe people are buying into this shit- THIS IS WHAT MORAL HYSTERIA LOOKS LIKE. Russia is not some 'third world country' full of 'crazy people', it is a large modern country with a massive population. It's only logical that their junky community will be large and unique- desomorphine is more a indicator of how uncaring and inhuman so many of their politicians are. Putin couldn't give two tugs of a dead dogs dick about some 'junkie scum' from Kharkov, him and his cronies are busy robbing the Russian people blind. This is just another diversion thrown up to distract people from what's really going on, what's really important.

The fact that Methadone or any form of replacement therapy is not a result of their 'backwardness', it is a result of curruption. Russia is ruled by a party of robbers and theives- the money from all the heroin sold in Russia will, ultimately, go up to the politicians and their cronies. So desomorphine is this 'huge problem', but it's made from codeine pills- so obviously a WHOLE lot of pharmacies are selling a LOT of codeine pills, and the state gets its cut. They should just legalise heroin, make MMT/needle exchanges available everywhere within the country and then the whole Russian 'heroin/krokodil' problem goes away overnight

I mean, for fucks sake- the propaganda says that 'Krokodil gets it name from the fact that prolonged usage turns you into a lizardman'- but I'd say the truth of matter is that it comes from α-chlorocodide. I mean look:
α-chlorocodide
Chlorocodide
Crorocodidie
Crocodile
I doubt it'd be much different in Russian.

These peoples aren't exactly professional chemists, I imagine someone shortened α-chlorocodide at some point to Krokodil, the name stuck and the final product ended up being introduced to people as 'Krokodil'.

sorry, havent had time to watch the vids, but this shit sounds sooo toxic. would plugging be a safe(ish) option (even on a one use basis) or are the impurities involved in making it too toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.