• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Urgent: Can/should you take Ativan (Lorazepam) sublingually?

Swimmingdancer

Bluelight Crew
I have 1mg tiny round/flat white Ativan (Lorazepam) tablets, it doesn't say whether they are sublingual or not. The directions on the label only say "take one to two". Are there Ativan tablets meant for swallowing as well as different Ativan tablets made for putting under the tongue? If so, is there any way to tell the difference?

If I still can't tell and they do turn out to be the kind meant for swallowing, would it be fine to take them sublingually? Would this make them any more or less effective? I was planning to take one sublingually because I am under the impression that that would make the effects kick in faster and in case they ARE meant to be taken sublingually I am wondering if they wouldn't work when swallowed.

I did take 1/2mg sublingually a couple weeks ago and it didn't seem to do anything, which made me start to wonder if they are supposed to be swallowed, and if so, does that mean that they only work when swallowed?

It won't make much of a difference either way. They will work orally or sublingually, even if it's the sublingual formulation. Either eat it, or if you taste it and it tastes a bit fruity (the sublingual formula has a little fruity taste to it), then you can try to take it sublingually. It really doesn't matter which ones you have though, the BA won't change any.

Great, thanks very much. I put it under my tongue and it tasted sweet, although I'm not sure if is was "fruity" exactly, and it disolved immediately, so hopefully it's all good and will work properly.

How you take the lorazepam won't change it's effectiveness significantly. The oral BA of all all benzos are quite high, unless you have a full stomach, oral lorazepam should work just fine.

Great, thanks very much. I put it under my tongue and it tasted sweet, although I'm not sure if is was "fruity" exactly, and it disolved immediately, so hopefully it's all good and will work properly.

Yea, I have found the "fruity" description to be a bit of an exaggeration, but I have only taken ativan once. Some people on here have listed it as their favorite tasting drug, but I just got a faint fruity taste at the end, nothing that noticeable. It's a lot better than the horrible tasting benzos out there though.

if it dissolved easily, and had a semi pleasant taste it is a sublingual wafer

SWIM just took 4mg (2x2mg) sublingually, then swallowed after 15-20 min. Honestly dont know if this is any better than just eating them (SWIM had dinner a bit ago is why SWIM did it this way this time). Lorazepam doesnt do much for SWIm except hlp with w/d, which SWIM is in. SWIM sweat so much last night it felt like SWIM'd slept on a leaking waterbed - SWIm even had sweat in his ears.

and just in case SWITOP is wondering, no, you cant IV most benzos, including ativan. SWIm thinks diazepam and alprazolam are the only two good benzos, but SWIM's getting off topic here...

I have 1mg tiny round/flat white Ativan (Lorazepam) tablets, it doesn't say whether they are sublingual or not. The directions on the label only say "take one to two". Are there Ativan tablets meant for swallowing as well as different Ativan tablets made for putting under the tongue? If so, is there any way to tell the difference?

If I still can't tell and they do turn out to be the kind meant for swallowing, would it be fine to take them sublingually? Would this make them any more or less effective? I was planning to take one sublingually because I am under the impression that that would make the effects kick in faster and in case they ARE meant to be taken sublingually I am wondering if they wouldn't work when swallowed.

I did take 1/2mg sublingually a couple weeks ago and it didn't seem to do anything, which made me start to wonder if they are supposed to be swallowed, and if so, does that mean that they only work when swallowed?

Place 2 pills (2 mg of Lorazepam) under tongue for a total duration of 15-20 minutes. Wash down your dose with a glass of water.

Effects should be noticed within 15 minutes to half an hour.

FTR:
Yes. All benzodiazepines are meant to be taken orally, except Klonopin wafers.

I see. Must be one of those other forums that required it. Not worried about self incrmination here much?

"Someone who isn't me (Use of this term is discouraged on BL; it is used on some forums in an attempt to avoid incriminating oneself, e.g. "SWIM is considering manufacturing meth, what does SWIM need to know?". There is no evidence that this provides any protection from legal repercussions, and it makes your posts hard to follow. Also, many people switch between "SWIM" and "I" in the same post. Finally, you shouldn't be incriminating yourself (drug synthesis, dealing, etc) on Bluelight anyway)" -Greenlighters Guide.