I have 1mg tiny round/flat white Ativan (Lorazepam) tablets, it doesn't say whether they are sublingual or not. The directions on the label only say "take one to two". Are there Ativan tablets meant for swallowing as well as different Ativan tablets made for putting under the tongue? If so, is there any way to tell the difference?
If I still can't tell and they do turn out to be the kind meant for swallowing, would it be fine to take them sublingually? Would this make them any more or less effective? I was planning to take one sublingually because I am under the impression that that would make the effects kick in faster and in case they ARE meant to be taken sublingually I am wondering if they wouldn't work when swallowed.
I did take 1/2mg sublingually a couple weeks ago and it didn't seem to do anything, which made me start to wonder if they are supposed to be swallowed, and if so, does that mean that they only work when swallowed?