• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction can I inject methadone 10mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Armagoth

Bluelighter
i have 10mg methadone white pills 54 142 can I crush them and add water without heating and bang them. I only have a few and I dont wanna waste them.

What's your tolerance like? Have you IVd metd before, and do you know your personal dose ranges?

I don't recommend IVing in general, though if you're intent on doing it, DON'T heat it when you mix it with water, just let dissolve naturally and filter it off, with microns preferably. I'm not too familiar with the composition of metd pills, so can't advice too specifically. If they're generics though, it should be relatively simple to prep it though.

these are the tablets the little round ones, my tolerance is high but I just wanna know if they are shootable, I dont wanna waste my last two but need them to hit quickley as possible when I dose tomorrow. I just wanna know if they will clog my rig and if it is soluble.

Don't shoot methadone, it's not worth it. Plug it if you want it to hit quickly.

IV methadone is a waste of time. It provides no rush akin to mainlining heroin or hydromorphone. Better off just taking it orally or plugging like loulou said.

Since this is an injection/IV question, I'm going to move it on over to Other Drugs.

Basic Drug Discussion - - > Other Drugs

Why IVing Methadone is Pointless (No Pun Intended)

Methadone has a very high volume of distribution; for this reason, it is not worth it to IV it. You can look on the wikipedia page for methadone to see an external source for this fact.

Some Bluelighters REALLY like IV methadone, and actually notice an appreciable difference between oral use. However, they are on a high dose of methadone, and are already used to using their high dose orally.

If you are a recreational opiate user, just use the methadone orally; it's not worth it to IV it. If you're a serious MMT patient who just wants 1 or 2 days of IV use, especially if you have it at home in a not-extremely-diluted form, I can understand that...but it's still not going to be a "3 seconds after slamming I'm floored!" type effect that heroin produces. It WILL kick in A LITTLE quicker, especially if you are like sitting there with a stopwatch timing the onset and you keep a diary and notice appreciable difference between the two ROA's, but at that point, you're just staring at a clock waiting for the high to hit and I don't think that's the point of MMT ;)

i have 10mg methadone white pills 54 142 can I crush them and add water without heating and bang them. I only have a few and I dont wanna waste them.
It would be a waste to IV them IMO; especially if you're not using micron filters, because of the insane amount of inactive ingredients alone per 10mg tablet.

I think its funny not one person answered my question, is it soluble or would it clog my rig. Ive banged the other methadone tablets that break down better and they were worth banging. maybe you dont get the rush like heroin but it hits you a hell of alot quicker and stronger. My question wasnt whether in your opinion you thought it worth it, it was something else entireley.

I think its funny not one person answered my question, is it soluble or would it clog my rig. Ive banged the other methadone tablets that break down better and they were worth banging. maybe you dont get the rush like heroin but it hits you a hell of alot quicker and stronger. My question wasnt whether in your opinion you thought it worth it, it was something else entireley.

Dude of course it's water soluble. I answered your question. You just didn't read my answer.

Some Bluelighters REALLY like IV methadone
Make an inference; I'm telling you YES it is water soluble in this alone.

As for your other question; how am I supposed to know what will clog your rig man? Blood clogs rigs. So... your rig's going to clog, get a new one?! Jesus....

If you want an exactly "how soluble is methadone?!" answer... then check this page. I didn't see an experimental water solubility, just a predicted one or whatever. So it should be QUITE soluble as it is an opiate that people inject with water alone.

If you are trying to find out how many 10mg methadone tabs you can shove in a 1cc syringe with water alone, I don't know, sorry. Use google.com sometimes for solubility info and don't rely solely on posting threads at Bluelight.

I also just tried to PM you - just to say " I hope you don't find this post offensive or rude :) " and I noticed your inbox is full. So clear it up mate. Hahaha.

Last edited:
Ill clear my pm up but before your last post I read the one before over again and it did not say methadone is water soluble, I wanted to know if the specific pills I had could be shot. I know that certain pills made by different companies are constructed diffrently. And on if it would clog a rig, someone that has done the drug this way could tell me that. certain morphine I bang will clog a rig easier than other brands of the same pill will. Thats why I wanted to know on the methadone pills I had the 54 142's. I guess I could have explained my question a bit better.

They are highly soluble, If you've ever CWE'd done' tablets you will be left with at least half binders/fillers
in the filter.

well thank all u guys for da info!! thats wat i was needn to know!!! well really i got some methadone 5mg pills n was wondering how many i should do and how i need to "fix them up rite"

These methadone pills are pretty decent size.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I would imagine that in order to get all the active ingredient you would need to use a 3mL barrel and at least 1.5mL of water. Also, I do not recommend doing this without a micron filter. Methadone itself is slightly corrosive to the veins, you don't want to add in all that nasty pill binder.

Also, I have injected methadone at multiple different dosages, ranging from 5mg-30mg. I can honestly say that IV methadone will not produce much of a rush unless you inject larger than 10mg dosages, due to its wide volume of distribution as CH said. Don't get me wrong, you'll feel 10mg IV, it just won't be that great at all.

Simple answer ...yes it breaks down no if you use a cotton it won't clog your rig ... And there ya go I have done them

And you should cold shoot meth. 5s in my option but u don't have to u can heat them but u have to do it right to much heat messes them up ...but its real simple crush add water cotton suck up and shoot ... Its always the same except for those pos pills that involve lemon juice or microwaves screw all that .lol

Yes it is a complete waste of time. I have tried it and while it is water soluble, it becomes a substance you can't even draw up in ur point.

Why people insist on using these things in ways theyre specifically designed not to be does baffle me sometimes especially with pills, they never have ben/are or will be better than a terrible idea to inject.

Methadone, even in its pure form is corrosive and tissue damaging and should not be used I.V. I mean, have you ever sublingually taken one of the pills? It is one of the most painful drugs to have melt under your tongue, my mouth literally started bleeding.

That being said, it is definitely at least somewhat water soluble, I know this because the old clinic I used to go to in NYC didn't water down the Methadose, and it was served in a 10mg/mL syrup with no preservative in it (meaning there wasn't any ethanol or methanol or PG so account for why it was soluble in that liquid form). I had been on 30mg for a while back in the day, and a few times would suck my whole dose into a 3cc barrel and bang the solution (sometimes micron filtered, other times not). Though some adamantly disagree, I never got a rush from it, nor did the methadone peak instantly. I did get instant relief from withdrawals but it would still take about 30 minutes to peak. Over all shooting methadone is very stupid, it just destroys your veins, its worse than BTH and methamphetamine combined, comparable probably to antihistamines like Benadryl and Promethazine which are not meant to be I.V'd either. It's strange because then if I'd plug the methadone, onset and peak were within 15 minutes, and from what I hear, if you can deal with it, insufflation is the same.

In the end though, I always went back to oral dosing my take homes, it just works better and longer that way, and I believe the Bioavailability is very high PO.

Wrong:(

Keep on being stupidly flabbergasted and the leave the chemistry to the PROS!

Status
Not open for further replies.