• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction can I inject methadone 10mg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methadone has a very high volume of distribution; for this reason, it is not worth it to IV it. You can look on the wikipedia page for methadone to see an external source for this fact.

Some Bluelighters REALLY like IV methadone, and actually notice an appreciable difference between oral use. However, they are on a high dose of methadone, and are already used to using their high dose orally.

If you are a recreational opiate user, just use the methadone orally; it's not worth it to IV it. If you're a serious MMT patient who just wants 1 or 2 days of IV use, especially if you have it at home in a not-extremely-diluted form, I can understand that...but it's still not going to be a "3 seconds after slamming I'm floored!" type effect that heroin produces. It WILL kick in A LITTLE quicker, especially if you are like sitting there with a stopwatch timing the onset and you keep a diary and notice appreciable difference between the two ROA's, but at that point, you're just staring at a clock waiting for the high to hit and I don't think that's the point of MMT ;)

It would be a waste to IV them IMO; especially if you're not using micron filters, because of the insane amount of inactive ingredients alone per 10mg tablet.

This!

It sums it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.