• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nootropics The Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread (Stack 2)

Noopept has caused an extreme level of irritability for me, which has made me save it for only certain days now.

It has this effect in some people, but mostly with high doses. What doses have you used? I stick to 20-25 mg 2-3 times a day and it works great.

But, as with all drugs, some are not tolerated by every one.

Wow Noopept sounds pretty legit, still skeptical (not in the sense that it doesn't work, just in the sense that it's relatively new).

So I'm considering adding Kava Kava to my Aniracetam & Piracetam stack. Which, my stack, has been extremely advantageous. I've been so consumed with work and side projects I haven't had time to bop in here and state how well the two have been working together for me. Still receiving the creative drive that Piracetam seems to induce, along with the focusing effects of the Aniracetam, and it seems the longer I take the two together the "stronger" the effects are becoming. I've cut back on my choline intake, to once every other day, and haven't suffered any headaches as of yet. Also the two seem to really help with my social anxiety, before with just the Piracetam I didn't have too much trouble talking with strangers and now it isn't even a bother to have to discuss work with a stranger (new co-worker I've been training).

Glad to see everyone is doing good here, other than the ridiculous cigarettestorm lol, and I look forward to boppin back in here and reading more good news (hopefully about this Noopept having more research surface) and advice.

Anyone got tips or have tried Kava Kava?

Well, like some other people, I unfortunately had a bad reaction to Noopept after using it two weeks. My doses were quite high, higher than the manufacturers maximum recommendation (20 mg/day). I took 20-25 mg two times per day, which is over double the recommended dose. Then, on the other hand, other sources recommend a dose of 10-30 mg twice a a day. Initially Noopept had an anxiolytic and strong anti-anxiety effect. After two weeks my anxiety skyrocketed, and I got minor panic attacks (which I can handle due to overcoming panic disorder in the past, but they are scary nonetheless). I stopped using it but now, even 5 days after stopping I still have strong anxiety. My heart rate and blood pressure got quite high after two weeks, and it took 4 days after stopping until they were normal. It was definitely thermogenic when I stopped using it too. My body was in a kind of "overdrive" state.

For me Noopept will only be something I use occasionally, not continuously. Fortunately its effecs are felt almost immediately (but they do build up for about a week), so it's effective even when taken occassionally. The good thing about Noopept is also that it doesn't require anything else, e.g. no choline, it's effective on it's own.

While I haven't used many other nootropics from the racetam family, Noopept definitely seems to be one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful, of all racetams. This seems to be the opinion from many who've used many racetams. But, with such a powerful effects comes a price; it seems to induce more side effects than other racetams. In some cases too bad side effects to continue using it.

Edit: Oh, btw, I've learned to love L-Theanine. High doses (600 or more) before sleep feels like a z-drug, and puts me to a very restful sleep. Smaller doses during daytime are surprisingly effective for focus, although I do feel it's a bit too anxiolytic. For some strange reason it didn't mix well with Noopept for me, but now when I don't use Noopept the good sides of L-Theanine have become quite clear. Even higher doses than 600 mg (1g+) are as effective as benzos for me for anxiety/fear (and I've been addicted to different benzos for almost 9 years).

Last edited:
I'm very interested in Noopept! I ordered it along with aniracetam, oxiracetam and pramiracetam to see about how effective these are. From a few tests I already know that aniracetam works very well for me which is why me and my housemate ordered that in bulk. The rest are in trial quantities. I'll report when I get around to it. :)

Hi,
I am fairly new to bluelight. I am interested in nutropics. Would anyone here be so kind to pm me to answer questions I have?
I am interested in aniractem, piractem, and Hydergine.
Thanks.

Anyone know of anything stronger & similar to piracetam?

Hi,
I am fairly new to bluelight. I am interested in nutropics. Would anyone here be so kind to pm me to answer questions I have?
I am interested in aniractem, piractem, and Hydergine.
Thanks.

Why do you want the answers in PM? Also, you're still a Greenlighter so you can't send PM's.

Not sure if it would be considered a nootropic or a food but check out E3 Live Brain On AFA. This one product has been more effective than my entire nootropic stack was. I have been using it in good quantities for a few months now and I honestly feel like I am 25 again. Check it out.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 300 MG x 2
Biopterin 25 MG x 2
P-5-P 5 MG x 2
Pyritinol 400 MG x 2
Aniracetam 750 MG x 2
L-Theanine 100 MG x 2
Lithium 5 MG Daily
Niacinamide 500 MG x 3
Noopept 10 MG x 2
Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate 500 MG x 2
Ginkgo Biloba 120 MG x 2
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 MG x 2
Omega 3 Oil 1000 MG
High potency Multivitamin/mineral
Astaxanthin 4 MG Daily
B-Vitamin Complex 100 Daily

This is the current regimen I've been taking. I really can't say enough positive things about these supplements. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease in September of 2010 that had neurological implications. I had became aphasic, though I could think. My thinking process changed as well, in my opinion for the better; I no longer really have ANY background noise in my head at any time (if that makes sense). After about two months of these symptoms and a few more, I began walking again (lumbar spine implications), my memory improved drastically (severe short term symptoms) and talking drastically better. I had a new perspective on life and became motivated to practice medicine. I enrolled in college that spring, 2010. I'm still attending college, and I've been utilizing those listed supplements during the last year of my college career [May 1st, 2011 to now - 1 year usage]. I've been working full time the last year and a half, and I've managed to complete my associates degree a term early with honors. I'll be attending USF in fall, majoring in Biomedical Science. I can't wait to attempt to use these supplements to my curriculum.

In my past, I've also been quite an addict. Not to any extreme extent, but I'm certainly a self admitted addict. I've only drank, smoked marijuana, snorted a few anti-anxiety pills, and downed a few vicodins. All extremely infrequently except the marijuana, of which I am a daily user. I suffer from quite a bit of pain, and I function a lot better under marijuana's influence as opposed to a few vicodins. Sour Diesel at the moment, 99 percent of the time the strain is amazing. Despite my drug use, my G.P.A. (3.85) and job don't suffer. I've never been arrested. There are no little mes running around. I guess that makes me a functioning addict.

This stack makes marijuana really addictive to me. It makes the high feel so much more euphoric... and with some music and bass, ugh. There's something wrong with how much I actually enjoy it. The high is ridiculously clear headed and a ton more psychedelic as opposed to heavy body load. There is no body load, it's all in your head. Seriously, listening to music. Ugh.

General effects of the stack, in my instance, are greatly increased energy, no mental fatigue (even after 9 hour textbook reading sessions), pleasant mood, increased motivation, greater abstract thinking, feeling of mental acuity, increased confidence, less need for sleep (this was never my strong point, but it doesn't suck nearly as much when I get 4-5 hours now), and quicker mental access (remembering items). I feel that the most profound supplement I take is noopept, and it's also great for marijuana as well (makes my highs a bit more intense, ups apathy a bit, calms me down, overall boost, especially with music). It's much easier for me to function under the influence when supplementing with noopept, not to mention the other supplements don't do a bad job as well. No change in effects associated with alcohol.

If you only had to put up 50-75 dollars a month to feel mentally sharper, function a bit quicker, feel a bit better, and eliminate unnecessary anxiety, wouldn't you? I'll continue to utilize these until I reach my goal, and I hope that I get the opportunity to do some great research with these compounds. I hope this aids someone in their decision to give nootropics a try. I'd have to say that my life has become drastically easier due to my present day mental capacities, something I result directly to nootropics, as it certain didn't exist before hand.

Check out how cool astaxanthin is too, if you've never heard of it ;)

Do you take all of these in the morning?

Nootropics "Alpha Brain"

My good friend Alexander told me about nootropics. I am a complete mushed out room head and psycha maniac if you know what I mean. He said this product works and it gives you vivid weird dreams but allows you to get in touch with your creative side and get alot of shit done. Just curious if any of you have experienced it and if it works, he did also tell me it don't last forever! Let me know! :)

Joe Rogan is one of the celebreties supporting it, which kinda makes me think it's bunk. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't sound too convincing. I am very skeptical about these "magic formulations", mainly because they don't work.

Try Piracetam or Hydergine for some weeks and you might feel some mild nootropic effects.

Ever since I began the "rebirth" of my drug experimentation earlier this year I've had this little nootropic side project going on. I'm sure its been said over & over in other threads but imo there's definitely a strong correlation with recreational drug users and nootropic stackers. My first motive for getting into nootropics was to potentiate the effects and prevent damage to my brain / other organs from the illicit substances I consumed. I've now found myself lurking in forums, reading documentation, and shopping online for these legal smart drugs much more than I'm doing for seeking out "highs". Just had a look at my credit card transactions this past month and saw that I invested around $600 in search of the ultimate stack. My drawer is filled to the brim with capsules I filled on my own, bulk powder, and bottles of pills from various vendors.

Unfortunately I won't have much to add to this discussion as to what works and what doesn't. I jumped in head first and started too many things at once, so there's little or no science behind my experiments. What I can say is that the stuff _does_ work: when I stopped taking everything for a few days I noticed I wasn't as sharp. Memory recall (both short and long term) wasn't there as much and I felt a greater sense of distraction at work. Dreams and colors weren't as vibrant either.

So I like what's in my daily pill dispenser now. Little or no side effects. But from what I've been reading there are 2 big pharma ingredients that are missing: Hydergine and Selegine. I'm expecting my order for both to arrive shortly and can't wait to see how they perform.

Current stack, taken once every morning:

* Nooept 30mg (started with Piracetam and then Pramiracetam. Went with Noopept simply because it requires much smaller dose)
* Choline CDP 500mg (plan on upgrading to Alpha GPC)
* ALCAR 500mg
* Fish oil 1,200mg
* Sulbitiamine 450mg
* Vinpocetine 15mg
* multivitamin which contains 200mg extended release caffeine

Other stuff in my drawer that I haven't experimented with yet:

* Gingko
* Bacopa
* DHAE
* Ashwaganda
* Ubiquinol
* Huperzine A (did try once - amazing lucid dreams, but little sleep)

I'm also playing around with quite a few anti-depressant, anxiolytic, and stimulant supplements. I've even found a nice combo that produces a very nice dose of euphoria. But these discussions probably don't belong here.

Would to hear any of y'alls comments.

My stack is close to yours. I also switched from prami to noopept but I did due to cost. Im also using aniracetam because I found it adds more calmness and happiness.

Im not using the vinpo and sulbitiamine. What do you feel these add?

I was using selegiline but I didnt feel it was worth the cost so I discontinued.

im thinking on trying noopept but read in some forums that stoping after a few weeks causes some minor withdraw symptoms.
i was wondering if gradualy redusing the dose before stoping will prevent that ?

I find that small doses of selegeline (2.5-5mg) in the morning on workdays kills any after effects of too much partying over the weekend and gets me excited and ready for serious work. I usually take selegeline in the morning mon - thur and then break from it during the weekend when I party. I have never had any negative interactions with my party supplies on this dosage schedule.

I have some experience with these pills. My brother and I each purchased a bottle of 30 capsules. When we received them, I refrained from jumping in immediately. My brother however suffers from sleep apnea, and was hopeful that they would either allow him to enter a deep sleep cycle for longer periods of time, or simply improve his wakefulness in normal day to day life. My interests were merely in cognitive enhancement, though I proposed the idea to my brother that his sleep apnea may be a neurochemical issue, piquing his interests.

I went to bed, preparing for work the following morning. My brother took two capsules that afternoon, and did not remark much. When I woke up to prepare myself for work the next morning, I went down to check on my brother and he was running on the treadmill (at 7 a.m.) which is entirely uncharacteristic of him. I asked him what was up and he explained that the pills were really effective. He had cut his sleep apnea score in half that night, and had achieved restful sleep, though not of considerable duration.

He continued to take the capsules fairly consistently, and I believe he developed a tolerance as the effects began to diminish for him. He eventually finished his bottle, and now a month or two later he has asked me to purchase more for him. It is also worth mentioning that my brother has access to nootropics and essential amino acids in their raw forms as well, however he has not been able to effective cut his sleep apnea score in half after a single dose with any of them.

As for my experiences, if I use one capsule, I do not notice much effect other than a slight wakefulness during periods of my day that I would usually be tired. If I were to take two capsules, cognitive faculties were definitely enhanced, and sleep during normal hours would be much more difficult. Dreams ended up being the most interesting effect for me. I am not one to remember my dreams, nor am I one to have lucid dreams. However after using two of these capsules probably 6 hours before bed, I had the first lucid dreams I had had in many years, and they were amazing!
It felt just as dreaming did when I was a child.

I still have about 10 capsules left in my bottle, though I have just ordered another bottle as per my brother's request, and got one for myself, as well as their New Mood supplement. Just remembering those lucid dreams is making me debate using 2-3 of these capsules right now. Anyways, that's all I have to offer.