• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much better is Opana than Oxycodone for pain relief and euphoric purposes?

Hate to Feel

Bluelighter
The thread title says it all: How much better is Opana when compared to Oxycodone for pain relief and euphoric purposes?

I like oxycodone for pain relief due to its high oral BA, opana is very low oral. I cant comment on the euphoria really as I dont get it anymore hardly. I tend to make my scripts last the 28 days and i hurt too bad to seek out euphoria anyways. They say Opana is a lot stronger but it has to insufflated. No matter how light I would snort one it always gel up.

Orally I would vote for oxy.

Snorting or any other method besides oral, oxymorphone by far.

Any type of morpho or morphine is far more euhporic then oxy imo.

Depending on what kind of high you're looking for, this varies quite a bit. Oxy's are a bit heavier than hydros (which are usually a bit more stimulating), and -morphones are more sedating / numbing than -codones are. I prefer oxycodone in particular due to this slightly stimulating effect, where oxymorphone is just a couch-lock high for me.

In terms of ROA - as noted oxymorphone is quite terrible when swallowed; much better nasal BA. Oxycodone has a higher oral BA than nasal, but nasal isn't terrible for it.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bettttttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oxymorphone >>>>>>>> oxycodone!!! Has the stimulating, sociable high of oxycodone with the nod and sedation of morphine or heroin. Oxymorph should always be insufflated due the BA. Like others have said if you only take your opioids orally, the obvious choice is oxycodone. Whenever I get oxycodone I split my dosage; one half orally and one half insufflated for the warm blanket rush. Oxycodone is always lacking in legs though when insufflated

Hello fellow Bluelighter's! I am eager to get started on my 1st post in this forum which is long overdue. So here we go.
•First, I have more experience with Opana (oxymorphone) than with oxycodone due to my personal preference. Early in my opioid experiences I had the pleasure of encountering oxycodone orally in moderate doseage (30-50mg) and finding it to be just great; until I stumbled upon Opana in early '09. It was like I had never done an opiate before. I got the first time, newbie sensation all over again. Insane nodding, scratching and murmuring : ) .

•Second, the pain I experience is always relieved faster and longer with Opana over oxycodone when taken by my routine doseage regiment. I not only find the euphoric glow and warmth of Opana superior, but also more obtainable with less substance. I just began recieving 60 Opana ER 20mg (2xday) along with 60 Opana IR 10mg (2xday) after outgrowing my Roxi's. I insuflate my med's almost all of the time due to the low oral BA of OxyMorphone as mentioned above. I have herd plenty of people complain that the ER's gel up hella bad due to the TimerX but I have yet to run into this enough for it to be noticeable or even be considered a problem(besides lil green and red boogers!). I am serious about my regiment so I have acquired a bit of a routine when it comes time to medicate. Every morning I use saline solution as well as always keeping my benzodiazapine in pocket. I always split my 20mg ER's into halves (that way I have 2x quantity) and separate my 10mg ER into 3 long skinny lines that I toot slowly (this way the powder doesn't go straight to your throat). Within 5 min any pain I was experiencing begins to dicipate as the wave of glowing warmth washes over me. I absolutely prefer the onset, effects and duration of Opana taken intranasaly over oxycodone taken by any method (although I've only experienced it orally). When I really want that itchy, scratchy, murmuring nod to any degree (harder to obtain w/each day) I simply add a 10mg IR into the mix (or 2).

•ATTENTION, even though I am a first time poster, I have a good deal of experience with Opana even before I became prescribed and must heed warning (even though no one is asking). A close friend of mine OD on Opana with the combination of alcohol; wasn't even an obscured amount, just a good bit of 10mg ER's (4-5). I'm obviously not here to scare people. I am a firm believer/supporter of Opana usage for moderate to severe pain, which he was not.

On a lighter note, I have 2 questions related to Opana that I am hoping to have answered. If there are previous post on my questions I apologize in advanced as I am new to the forum search.

• 1. In my hometown of Charlotte, Nc there is usually a steady flow of Opanas circulating via inner circle of friends and/or street pharmacist (it is what it is). Recently however, the flow has steadily decreased. I believe that this is due to the packeging errors and manufactures haulting the production process until the issue is resolved (found this info on the Opana website) MY QUESTION is that if any one else has noticed a decrease in Opana supply in their home town? AND IF SO what am I supposed to do if my area has run dry of Opanas!?!?(generic alternatives?) I trust that my doc will take care of me, but any substitute for Oxymorph is incomparable in my opinion in both potency and duration regardless of what others may think respectively(oxymorphone:Oxycodone/2:1 times stronger when insufflated). The last thing i need is an Opana withdrawal seein as how they are one of the worse.LUCKILYI got my 2nd script filled earlier this month before problems arose. Now it seems that I am the last person in the city with this golden egg.

•2. I have recently discovered the ability of plugging pills and was considering booty poppin a few IR10's. I was skeptical of the concept at first, but it eventually gained favoritism when i came across some MS Cotin 30mg(purple m's) last week. I took the time to do some research when I stumbled upon the rectal BA of this med(60%) which is stated to only be half of that when consumed orally(30mg). Plugging was the next best method next to IV(100%) but I don't interact with needles(never have, don't want to start. Surprisingly, insufflation was the weakest(25%) so I decided to man up and anally consume those shits ... like a man haha. Anyways I ended up with 2x8ml doses w/90mg in each that I prepared properly(oral syringe,warm water,MS Cotin powder) and administered doses 1 hr apart from one another w/out any hiccups(success!...?) I felt little to nothing, moderate relief to a slight ease to say at best. IF I PLUG 1 OPANA IR 10 WILL IT HAVE EQUAL EFFECTS(in comparison) TO MY 10-20mg ER REGIMENT?

What about you (Hate To Feel & everyone else)? What do you prefer? I am really interested and eager to hear this communities thoughts on this subject in particular. ENOUGH BABBLING (Opana side effect)

WeThePeeps!

I've always loved my blue roxis over opana. To me, the high from oxy is a lot cleaner/better buzz/and overall pain relief. However I will not ever pass up Opana if I stumble upon it, the taste of it insufflated in quite good. The buzz to me from pandas(what we call it in Buffalo) is more of a " I just wanna lay in my bed and sit there" kinda high rather then a "I wanna talk to people,go to the mall, go to the supermarket, ect ect...) like oxy does. So overall I would prefer OXY over OPANA for euphoric reason and pain relief.

• 1. In my hometown of Charlotte, Nc there is usually a steady flow of Opanas circulating via inner circle of friends and/or street pharmacist (it is what it is). Recently however, the flow has steadily decreased. I believe that this is due to the packeging errors and manufactures haulting the production process until the issue is resolved (found this info on the Opana website) MY QUESTION is that if any one else has noticed a decrease in Opana supply in their home town? AND IF SO what am I supposed to do if my area has run dry of Opanas!?!?(generic alternatives?) I trust that my doc will take care of me, but any substitute for Oxymorph is incomparable in my opinion in both potency and duration regardless of what others may think respectively(oxymorphone:Oxycodone/2:1 times stronger when insufflated). The last thing i need is an Opana withdrawal seein as how they are one of the worse.LUCKILYI got my 2nd script filled earlier this month before problems arose. Now it seems that I am the last person in the city with this golden egg.

Wonderful first post mate! Welcome to the community. :)

As the Opana website did indeed state that there is a drought here / coming - it did also ensure that current patients would be taken care of by current stocks so long as Dr's don't write new Rx's for Opana.

You're absolutely right that oxymorphone doesn't really have a rival currently in terms of analgesia - your next best bet may be hydromorphone (Dilaudid) - but this also has a horribly low oral BA (however, rectal is very nice from what I hear, as that's closest to IV w/o sticking yourself - and IV hydromorphone is one of the best from what I hear).

Rectal BA of oxymorphone is quite high as well (higher than nasal, IIRC), so your current Opana will go farther via this ROA - however I'd be very careful regarding your tolerance / need for this level of analgesia. Push the envelope, and you're going to regret needing such large doses. Best of luck mate!

^iSTONED - they're both oxy-... One is oxycodone (you're calling them Roxi - but that brand of pill is long gone), Opana is oxymorphone. However I too find that the -morphones are too sedating to me, and don't give me the urge to be productive like oxycodone does.

Wonderful first post mate! Welcome to the community. :)
Rectal BA of oxymorphone is quite high as well (higher than nasal, IIRC), so your current Opana will go farther via this ROA - however I'd be very careful regarding your tolerance / need for this level of analgesia. Push the envelope, and you're going to regret needing such large doses. Best of luck mate!

Thanks for the warm welcome and recommendation Pjkt! I will be careful in my amount of consumption via plugging. I hear you on the intense sedation effects of morphone compared to codone. That's one of the reasons I half my 20's, just because a 20 to the dome would rock my face leaving me pretty useless. I think Opana is a productive and active opioid when consumed minimally(my long ass post seem effortless ha).

Perhaps I just don't have enough experience w/ oxymorphone, or got "too high" (for productivity anyway) when I did come into contact. It's quite rare around my parts. Oxycodone, however, is just about everywhere.

Anyhow, plugging has potential to provide an IV-like "rush" with the right compound (and the -morphones are one of 'em).

If 10mg of Oxymorphone is plenty for you, could you not use a higher-dose ER oxycodone with the low-dose IR oxymorphone or BT pain? I suspect it would keep your tolerance down at least a little better (and allow you to use the ER meds orally, and cut back on insufflation - using legit pain meds in non-"legit" ways is a quick way to jump ship from pain management to addiction maintenance (unfortunately).

Anyhow, just be safe and tread lightly. Good luck!

"...an IV like rush" from plugging!? Now I really gotta try this ASAP seeing as how I have never IV'd anything. I'm probably gonna try this method tonight after work and I'll post my results.

As far as your solution for my tolerance(greatly appreciated), Im skeptical on the results of taking Oxymorph orally. Even though I am taking my med's by insufflation, Id want to think I am doing myself a favor by splitting my ER's and doubling my quantity while allowing me to spread out my lower dosages. I might try to only insufflate my ER's and orally take fewer IR's though(similar to your solution).

Also, began searching and came across this thread that may be of some help to any one wanting info on this subject http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/489092-Opana-vs-Oxycodone

I am also finding that Opana is widely common in the south but rare to obsolete in the Midwest(some people have yet to even hear of this med). Any one else find this to be true?

Thanks for the feedback Pjkt.

ISTONED: interesting comments. I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I find the buzz to be quite invigorating and even motivational(I find myself wanting to engage in more activity once I take my Opana, in low doses)

What about you (Hate To Feel & everyone else)? What do you prefer? I am really interested and eager to hear this communities thoughts on this subject in particular. ENOUGH BABBLING (Opana side effect)

WeThePeeps!

Nice first post. Thank you to you and everyone else who has participated in my thread's topic. I'm learning alot.

To answer your question, WethePeople90, I have never tried Opana. In fact, I'm pretty much a newbie to the whole painkiller scene. Several months ago, I was diagnosed with a back injury that is only correctable through surgery - although my doctor doesn't recommend that I have the surgery. I really like my PM docs because I feel like they work with me and listen to what I have to say. I don't have anybody to personally compare them to, but I've heard where many patients can't get the care they need because of doctors being afraid to prescribe what works. That's not the case at all with my 2 docs. I'm always honest with them, and in turn, they have always treated me as if they genuinely seemed concerned with treating my condition.

Within 3 months, I've already graduated from vicodin to percocet and now to pure oxycodone. Right now the oxy does work for my pain; so I have no complaints. Also, it does give me a kind of chill, laid back feeling, but not so laid back that I have no desire to do anything. I'm just curious about Opana because other than my docs upping my mg of oxy, I could see it being a potential treatment option somewhere down the road. I've heard people describe Opana as a "slippery slope" and once you try it, you won't be satisfied with anything else. A friend of mine back home who has used it only for recreational purposes has told me multiple times that nothing compares to its euphoric effect and assured me that I would be pain free. I guess I'm just curious more than anything else ... Again, your post was enlightening. Thanks again.

I really am surprised that there are as many people preferring oxy here as there are. Just from things that I've read and heard outside of this forum, I thought far more members would be saying that they prefer Opana. But it is understanding because it sounds like it would be a completely different high to that of Oxy. All in what you like, I guess.

Hate To Feel: Thanks for the 1st comment props. It sounds like you have an ideal doc situation. It's nice when you can tell they actually care.

Reffering to the slippery slope comment, I sadly agree. I have lost friends TO/OVER this med that instilled a fear in me to be very careful with my script. I know people who say it's effects trump heroin and next thing you know everyone is trying to bang the IR's (please do not do this). It's highly addictive with a killer withdrawal so use with caution and moderation(not saying this to anyone in particular, just in general)

Anywaysss, positive vibes today so I hope all of bluelight is doin well and enjoying their weekend.

Pjkt2501, RoxiCodone are still available , there not anywhere near long gone.

Pjkt2501, RoxiCodone are still available , there not anywhere near long gone.

What is the main difference in feeling between roxicodone and oxycodone? If I remember correctly, I believe I was prescribed roxis several years back after a tooth extraction and the roxis really made me feel pepped up. Is that the main difference?

Oxycodone is the main ingredient in Roxicodone. Percocet, roxis,oxy all have the same Main medicine in them, oxycodone. Some come with apap some don't(percocet). Roxi is either 15mg IR or 30 IR no apap. Oxycontin is just a time releases version with no apap.

So they feel the same, Hate to Feel. Just depends on how high of a dose you have. They gave you roxis for a tooth extraction? I can see them giving you 10mg Percocet for a tooth extraction.

Oxycodone is the main ingredient in Roxicodone. Percocet, roxis,oxy all have the same Main medicine in them, oxycodone. Some come with apap some don't(percocet). Roxi is either 15mg IR or 30 IR no apap. Oxycontin is just a time releases version with no apap.

Thanks and I'm aware that the main ingredient is still oxy. I was just curious if there is any difference in feeling / high between having a bottle that says Oxycodone versus a bottle that says Roxicodone. Mine is Oxycodone 15 IR. Is there any difference (feeling wise) between that and the brand Roxicodone.

Oops ... I just saw your response about being similar in feel. Thanks.
I still could have swore that my oral surgeon gave me a 2 week supply of roxi, but I could be wrong. It def wasn't percocet.

Last edited: