• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much better is Opana than Oxycodone for pain relief and euphoric purposes?

^ Roxicodone is a brand-name from Roxane Laboratories only. Any other mfg makes a different version of the same oxycodone hydrochloride.

http://www.roxane.com/our_products.html - Click for the .pdf including all of their currently active products - Roxicet (contains APAP) and a particular syrup are left. No 15/30mg oxycodone pills.

Anyway...

Orally I would vote for oxy.

Snorting or any other method besides oral, oxymorphone by far.

Any type of morpho or morphine is far more euhporic then oxy imo.

^ Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself. Oxycodone is way overrated and not even that good for Pain Management. Or once you have a very high opiate tolerance, Oxycodone is useless and will just start draining your wallet faster and faster, feeling shittier and shittier each time you come down off them, until you realize that its time to switch to another Opiate/Opioid because your body has become immune to Oxycodone like mine has. Of, this sucks now. It was fun at the beginning when I didn't have to worry about being dope sick, or having something for the next day, always constantly worrying about my next fix. I would wake up in the morning, jump in the shower, and then come out of the shower, and then I would dose an OXY-IR 20mg (that's how low my tolerance was, about 10 minutes later.. starting to notice the 'Coming Up...' part with oxycodone, the warm and super nice rush that goes all through my body, leaving me with a nice warm huge mood lift. But Continuing on it would look something like this in later 2004, or early 2005 - below is what I would feel like after taking only 1 OXY-IR 20mg back when I had almost no tolerance, and was still doing CWE's with AC&Codeine 8MG TABS.

T+0.10: Starting to feel the initial effects of the 'Coming Up' part with Oxycodone.
T+0.30: Feeling a nice warm rush come over my mind and body.
T+0.45-1.00: Eyes are very 'pinned', feeling really good and have reached the peak~over to the plateau.
T+1.45-2.00: Still feeling the effects, but not as strong now.. starting to slowly come down, at the same time feeling quite tired, and could fall sleep anywhere and sleep like a baby.*
T+2.30-3.00: Oxycodone has pretty much worn off now, maybe some slight residual effects, still feeling very relaxed and could sleep anytime.

Argh... ^ Those were the days back over 8 years ago when I first started doing Oxy's. I had no idea where to find them locally so I had ordered some, and the very first ones I got were the pink 20s.
Only thing is, at first I had no idea what Contin meant, and that these things were time release. Because at first I was very disappointed because I had spent a fair amount on some of the pink OxyContin 20's and I ended up taking a pill cutter, and cutting one of them in half and then taking one half. I was very disappointed the first time I did Oxy because I had no idea that there was a time release mechanism to bypass. But once somebody had told me to chew 1 up, well next thing you know I am scratching myself all over and over and it felt so much, and it was such a sweet Oxy Rush.

Now its basically like why bother even doing opiates if you never get anything out of them anymore, not even the slightest rush, or much of a nod unless you have benzo's & weed on hand. I find these tend to help out and keep the opiates active in your body for longer..

Then you have some people who are getting scripts for multiple opiates at the same time with at least one or more Benzodiazepines being written (I am especially noticing this in patients in the US - most places, its pretty easy to get just what you want.)

But I've read through a LOT of posts on bluelight over the years, and even still - today, I cannot and am utterly shocked at what some of you get prescribed at once! and yes I'm a tad jealous as well. :p

No but, some of you are very lucky to those of you who are receiving Opana ER, plus another opiate, +1 or 2 more benzo's, + a Z-Drug on top of that, + Gabapentin or Lyrica on top of that +some Antidepressant with that. And the dosages that these U.S. doctors sometimes are prescribing are insane.. In Canada here, in order to have a prescription for two different narcotics or more at the same time you would have to go through Pain Management in whatever City you live in, in Canada, and you will never get prescribed multiple benzodiazepines at once by the same doctor in Canada. It just won't happen.

I can't believe we still don't have OxyMorphone in Canada yet, which is quite ridiculous, since its been out in the U.S. for a number of years already.
Just like it took Canada forever to phase in Suboxone, and once they did phase it in.. they don't have enough doctors that have taken the Suboxone course that are even able to write it for Opioid Maintenance.

Some of are sure lucky to live where you live! ;) Damnit!!! hehehe

Last edited:
Oxycodone is the main ingredient in Roxicodone. Percocet, roxis,oxy all have the same Main medicine in them, oxycodone. Some come with apap some don't(percocet). Roxi is either 15mg IR or 30 IR no apap. Oxycontin is just a time releases version with no apap.

Just to make this clear, Percocet (and many other preparations under different names) are oxycodone and APAP.

Yea I know that^^ I just screwed up when I was typing. Quite aware perc's have apap.

IME Opana ER vs oxycodone taken IV; opana is much more of a body rush, and very intense. it also lasts much longer than oxycodone. oxycodone has that warm fuzzy feeling, whereas to me opana is a little....grimy feeling? sorta hard to describe, but its certainly more powerful. last time i used opanaEr, i IV'd 40mg, which produced an overwhelming body rush and almost felt like it was uncomfortable. i've never IV'd oxycodone and felt 'uncomfortable' in any way, no matter what the dosage was. for analgesia IMO the opana is the way to go, for euphoria i prefer oxycodone.
**Opana is very dangerous when taken IV. I do not recommend it**

im also experienced with opanas and ive been reading about people giving themselves dope enemas, and ive never considered it!! im a little shocked that so many people are so into it....ive been affected by the shortage now for 2 months, luckily lots of phone calls have made it possible for me to have my scripts filled routinly, although at pharmacies further from home...its great to be legal, i remember how hard it was to try to come by these things under the table, or any other kinda of opiates...etc. <snip>

Hello fellow Bluelighter's! I am eager to get started on my 1st post in this forum which is long overdue. So here we go.
•First, I have more experience with Opana (oxymorphone) than with oxycodone due to my personal preference. Early in my opioid experiences I had the pleasure of encountering oxycodone orally in moderate doseage (30-50mg) and finding it to be just great; until I stumbled upon Opana in early '09. It was like I had never done an opiate before. I got the first time, newbie sensation all over again. Insane nodding, scratching and murmuring : ) .

•Second, the pain I experience is always relieved faster and longer with Opana over oxycodone when taken by my routine doseage regiment. I not only find the euphoric glow and warmth of Opana superior, but also more obtainable with less substance. I just began recieving 60 Opana ER 20mg (2xday) along with 60 Opana IR 10mg (2xday) after outgrowing my Roxi's. I insuflate my med's almost all of the time due to the low oral BA of OxyMorphone as mentioned above. I have herd plenty of people complain that the ER's gel up hella bad due to the TimerX but I have yet to run into this enough for it to be noticeable or even be considered a problem(besides lil green and red boogers!). I am serious about my regiment so I have acquired a bit of a routine when it comes time to medicate. Every morning I use saline solution as well as always keeping my benzodiazapine in pocket. I always split my 20mg ER's into halves (that way I have 2x quantity) and separate my 10mg ER into 3 long skinny lines that I toot slowly (this way the powder doesn't go straight to your throat). Within 5 min any pain I was experiencing begins to dicipate as the wave of glowing warmth washes over me. I absolutely prefer the onset, effects and duration of Opana taken intranasaly over oxycodone taken by any method (although I've only experienced it orally). When I really want that itchy, scratchy, murmuring nod to any degree (harder to obtain w/each day) I simply add a 10mg IR into the mix (or 2).

•ATTENTION, even though I am a first time poster, I have a good deal of experience with Opana even before I became prescribed and must heed warning (even though no one is asking). A close friend of mine OD on Opana with the combination of alcohol; wasn't even an obscured amount, just a good bit of 10mg ER's (4-5). I'm obviously not here to scare people. I am a firm believer/supporter of Opana usage for moderate to severe pain, which he was not.

On a lighter note, I have 2 questions related to Opana that I am hoping to have answered. If there are previous post on my questions I apologize in advanced as I am new to the forum search.

• 1. In my hometown of Charlotte, Nc there is usually a steady flow of Opanas circulating via inner circle of friends and/or street pharmacist (it is what it is). Recently however, the flow has steadily decreased. I believe that this is due to the packeging errors and manufactures haulting the production process until the issue is resolved (found this info on the Opana website) MY QUESTION is that if any one else has noticed a decrease in Opana supply in their home town? AND IF SO what am I supposed to do if my area has run dry of Opanas!?!?(generic alternatives?) I trust that my doc will take care of me, but any substitute for Oxymorph is incomparable in my opinion in both potency and duration regardless of what others may think respectively(oxymorphone:Oxycodone/2:1 times stronger when insufflated). The last thing i need is an Opana withdrawal seein as how they are one of the worse.LUCKILYI got my 2nd script filled earlier this month before problems arose. Now it seems that I am the last person in the city with this golden egg.

•2. I have recently discovered the ability of plugging pills and was considering booty poppin a few IR10's. I was skeptical of the concept at first, but it eventually gained favoritism when i came across some MS Cotin 30mg(purple m's) last week. I took the time to do some research when I stumbled upon the rectal BA of this med(60%) which is stated to only be half of that when consumed orally(30mg). Plugging was the next best method next to IV(100%) but I don't interact with needles(never have, don't want to start. Surprisingly, insufflation was the weakest(25%) so I decided to man up and anally consume those shits ... like a man haha. Anyways I ended up with 2x8ml doses w/90mg in each that I prepared properly(oral syringe,warm water,MS Cotin powder) and administered doses 1 hr apart from one another w/out any hiccups(success!...?) I felt little to nothing, moderate relief to a slight ease to say at best. IF I PLUG 1 OPANA IR 10 WILL IT HAVE EQUAL EFFECTS(in comparison) TO MY 10-20mg ER REGIMENT?

What about you (Hate To Feel & everyone else)? What do you prefer? I am really interested and eager to hear this communities thoughts on this subject in particular. ENOUGH BABBLING (Opana side effect)

WeThePeeps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful you don't stray into sourcing territory please guys, that's strictly not allowed on Bluelight.

Opana has now been made abuse proof much like Oxy was, the last script I got my hands on(40mg IR) was 95% old formula and 5% new, it's uncrushable, unfreezable, uncuttable, uneverythingable.. Don't even try it and if you can find the old ones right now, I suggest getting as many as you can though, (I don't condone selling scripts) considering how most pharms carry the new ones and fill all new, the old ones are running at least $50 a pop, some at the end were going for $65 which leaves me with a handful of old along with some new ones.

Hi, I am new here and you seem knowledgeable and cool. I live in Charlotte and would like some information

Well I started using oxycodone 30mg/15mg recreationally in 2008. I stayed faithful to them all through the "good ole days" of the old "Oxycontins". It was finally about a year and a half ago my guy suggested that I try an Opana 15mg. (It was the actavis brand with the moon on one side and 262 on the opposite. I immediately noticed a considerable difference right away. Long story short......A 15mg opana (whether it is the "moon" or the "G76" white ones) with the coating that you should rub off before you toot it up, absolutely BLOW oxycodone 30mgs out of the water! There is no competition whatsoever! I'm to the point now that even if I'm withdrawing and my only option is if my guy has only blue 30mg Oxys, that I will absolutely pass on them because I would much rather take the chance and wait for the opanas to come around.... no matter how many more days it would be for me to wait, no question hands down THE OPANAS are 100% worth the wait. ESPECIALLY if they are the Actavis brand.....however in my circle we affectionately refer to them simply as "Moons". Scientifically if you research it oxymorphone is much stronger than oxycodone. I literally would have to bang out two (2) blue 30mg oxy's in the same sitting just to even come close to bangin out one (1) moon 15mg opana. Not to mention either that oxymorphones LAST a helluva lot longer than blue 30mg Oxys. I can bang one 15mg opana in the morning and seriously be good ALL day long. Now as an addict it has even proved to be more economical to bang out 15mg opanas once or twice per day as opposed to 2-4 blue 30mg Oxys . It has sucked tho recently because dealers have finally caught on in my area and have raised the price so now a 15mg opana is now 25$. Meanwhile blue 30mg Oxys are 25$ a pop as well! Think about it, it's half the mg's as a blue oxy but now they are the same price. I'm fortunate tho so I buy my moons in bulk and pay 17$ a pop for each 15mg opana. And this has finally made it economically manageable for myself because I'm spending half the money per month. The hardest part is just exercising "self control". Sometimes it's hard knowing I have a full stock of moons for the month but yet only allow myself one (1) per day. I bang mine in the morning when I wake up as part of my morning regiment. Let me tell you, these things are so amazing that I literally spring out of bed every morning excited to bang out a sweet tasting "moon" which is my "breakfast of champions".

Opana is waaay better imo when insulfated the high is a little more intense and it helps alot with my pain but is short lived.. Now when opana is injected it becomes a whole new animal, they are extremely powerful and can be very overwhelming at times and it only takes a very small amount.. And i don't condone anyone who hasn't done their research on oxymorphone and know what their dealling with to ever try to I.V. it. Now oxycodone i dont like because of a couple reasons.. first i have to take a whole days recommended dose because they seem so week to me.. (but then again im only on 10mg pils) It seems i'll end up taking 6,7,or 8 pills through the whole day.. plus they make me have nausea before they ever make me feel somewhat good.. Buuut I will say I haven't had a much much higher mg oxy before that i could snort or even shoot because i like the high better that way.. sooo idk.. but oxymorphone wins in my book! If you can find the right generic kind that are perfectly crushable and shootable you better cherish them! lol cheers guys n gals!

last time i used opanaEr, i IV'd 40mg, which produced an overwhelming body rush and almost felt like it was uncomfortable. i've never IV'd oxycodone and felt 'uncomfortable' in any way, no matter what the dosage was. for analgesia IMO the opana is the way to go, for euphoria i prefer oxycodone.
**Opana is very dangerous when taken IV. I do not recommend it**

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I wanted to respond to this post for HR reasons: It is especially dangerous to IV the ER preparations. The waxy binders in those pills can cause horrible health problems. Absolutely do not do this!!!
Also, as I think some have sorta mentioned, the potency of the morphones is much higher when you bypass the digestive system. Eating 5 mg of oxymorphone is equivalent to eating like 10 mg of ocycodone, whereas banging those 5mg is closer to eating 40 or 50mg of oxycodone.

I consistently have not had the ability to feel oxycodone since very early in my use of opiates, which has been at a low level but periodic, I do not have a high tolerance but I have that mild perma-tolerance that never goes away. Oxycodone never really made its presence noticed when I took it alone, just a small increase in talkativeness, and a bit of irritation, and just enough of a fuzzy feeling that you know you actually did take something. Even at doses of up to 50-60 miligrams that where I can decently feel the equivalent dose of another opiod. Yet I can still pick up on very low doses of opiods, I actually noticed some alerts when I took 10 milligrams of hydrocodone and 20 miligrams of dxm. That would be un-achievable with oxycodone for me. All very personally subjective of course.

Opana on the other hand is just plain STRONK. Personally I cannot decide whether I like Diacetyle-M. or Oxymorphone more. Though I personally thought I had seen B.A. charts for oxymorph to have intrarectal B.A. as being lower, than intranasal (the inverse of the general norm) though still above oral. I think I may have noticed this in my use of opana generics but it could have simply been a matter of different dosages and proper execution. Its a shame even the generics can get pretty gelatinous even without the Fort Vaux-level resistance mechanism the Endo e.r. has.