View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Music Enhancing Psychedelic

snoozelight

Greenlighter
Wondering which is best between 2c-e lsd or shrooms for a music festival. I have experience with shrooming but was just wondering if anyone has any advice on which is best for a music festival type environment. =D

"What should I take?" threads are not allowed here, however since discussing which psychedelics provide the most enhancement of music and its appreciation is a worthy topic of discussion, I'm leaving this open for now. Please bear this in mind, and explain your experiences with psychedelics that have been great with music, why they were great, etc - rather than giving the OP suggestions on what he should take. Everyone is different and it's quite anti harm-reduction to just give out suggestions like that. ~Jesusgreen

Last edited by a moderator:
Have loved both shrooms and lsd at music festivals. But it kinda depends on your reactions to them and if you're feeling the need to dance the whole time.

LSD lasts longer and has more stages to the trip and (for me at least) dancing always feels like riding a wave of sorts, flows really well. Wandering around and taking in the forest and colourful characters can be mind-blowingly wonderful. I feel electric and like I can spark up into any situation that could arise.

Mushrooms always makes me feel like I'm in an enchanted forest full of mischief-making elves hehehe. Looking at the tent-village from a distance in the night with all their little lights under a sky expanding from a swirling-star vortex?!?!?! Amazing stuff. Dancing feels like... I'm becoming different sounds in the music and following them till they disappear and then slipping into a new one. Liquid-like. But I tend to wander about for most of my mushroom trips.

But that's just me %)

ok cool, im definitely there for the music so whichever one is best for dancing and being able to communicate with non tripping people haha. When i trip mushrooms alot of time i have trouble communicating with people not tripping

2c-e would probably be good considering what it does to music. Makes it sound like you are literally on stage when you listen with headphones, so it must be great with actual live music :D

Ya I can be the same way with mushrooms, unless its a small dose and then I'm better at communicating with non-tripping people than when I'm sober :p. So for those purposes out of the two I would recommend acid.

As for 2C-E, no experience, so I'm not one to answer on its behalf.

I was under the impression that drug recommendations were against the rules, but seeing as this hasn't been closed, here's my input:

Large music festival old-school hippie style: LSD... they have some amazing music of all genres, and I honestly never understood the appeal of psychedelic rock until I passed by a stage while on it.

Deep forest underground nature loving hippie raves: Shrooms. Nothing like shrooming in the middle of a grove in the middle of a forest under the full moon, with some full on psytrance and minimal lighting.

I've always found DOC to be particularly good in raving settings, though can be a tad introspective (especially as the head trip gets going, hour 4 onward), though this can be countered using SMALL amounts of MDMA (20-30 mg). The two go together very well as long as you don't get silly. Too much MDMA on DOC will prevent you from being able to function.

I know mentioning names of festivals isn't allowe, its not underground deep forest-y, or psychedelic rock, its straight all kinds of electronic music in city/ park setting, if that helps with picking what your favorite one would be. seems like lucy or 2ce would be saweeet though

I have done LSD, 2C-E, but not mushies yet.

I would say 2C-E would be best though. If I were you though, I would take a regular dose of 2C-E and DXM. Music would be like an atom bomb in your mind.

i say lsd or 2c-b or both depending on how much u can handle ur shit - i recently had a better trip on 2c-b than anything ever - AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNG

shit was PRICELESS

2c-e said to be most intense etc never done it yet so im not sure but id be careful of over doing it.

I have did 2ce at a festival one time it was pretty cool, i got to watch the tesla coils on 2ce which looked crazy. I ended up dosing 2 days in a row it was a long weekend I stayed up for nearly the whole event. 2ce in the woods was really nice ime, the visuals looked so pretty, the main problem was that it got really cold at night I didnt bring a big enough jacket or blanket so I would shake all damn night. Other than that it was awesome, one moment I was sitting by the stage proped up against a tree just zoned out lol my buddy came up was like you ok man I laughed and said yes sir im all gravy. I would definitley take 2ce at a festival again, i really like comboing 2ce + mushrooms id like to try that at a festival sometime

LOL this guy -- taking 2c-e with shrooms u gotta be super crazy thats some INTENSE SHIT!

LSD, it lasts all day, keeps you going, is light on the body, and you can drink like a fish on it if that is your thing. Definitely my choice for festivals.

^ yeah I think the lasting effect of acid would make it my choice, once shrooms wear off that's it for me, but with acid it keeps kicking your arse.

As already mentioned, "What should I take?" threads are not allowed here. It just leads to so many random suggestions that aren't helpful at all really since everyone is different.

"Which psychedelics are best for music appreciation?" would be a good question, as would "Which psychedelics are the most social and recreational?" - but just asking which to take is not allowed.

I'll leave this open for now, since we don't have a "Which psychedelics are best for music appreciation?" thread as far as I'm aware, however please guys stick to discussing that - don't just list substances, give your preferred substances for listening to music, and explain why you like them, pros and cons, etc :)

This may be closed in future if discussion diverts back to "What should I take?" or just plain suggestions.