View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Skin Absorption

callmepad

Bluelighter
How long would it take a hit of liquid LSD to be fully absorbed into the skin of the hand? My friend dropped two hits into his hand, rubbed his hadns together until it was no longer wet and then lightly washed his hands about ten minutes later. He did this 1.5 hrs ago and is not tripping. Is it likely he washed it off or is it just taking awhile?

Unless you used DMSO, chances are LSD would not work this way.

My friend said that he is starting to feel something and that the guy he got it from says it creeps really slowly. He'll see if it works.

hmm im not sure if skin pores lead to the bloodstream. but i have heard of some friends that started to midly trip after having sweaty hands and handling acid. not that it was full blown or anything, just subtle effects.

i've taken acid like this and it worked
i just let it evaporate on the back of my hand. water and especially tap water breaks down acid quickly so he may have washed some off
it seems more reliable to just drop it directly under the tounge.. no worry about it going anywhere

i've had lots of liquid lsd on my hands before and never had any effect.

Yeah, unfortunately nothing more than a subtle sense of tripping occurred. Mental note, EAT the acid, don't just spill it on your hand.

Isn't there some story that does the rounds (I suspect it might be an urban legend) about some guy who tries to smuggle a shitload of acid tabs somewhere by sticking them to his chest under his clothes, only it rains outside and all the acid absorbs into his skin and he goes insane?
I'm pretty sure it's a crock of shit, (water tending to wreck LSD) but has anyone else heard that story or a variant?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^
never heard about it !
but the worlds first experience on lsd was by skin contact.
Hoffman, who created lsd, was working at his lab and aciddentally got in contact with lsd by his hand and started to trip real hard!
so it should work but I think you can't wash your hands after...
and remember hendrix used lsd under his bandana..

im not sure but i really dont think it will work that way cause it needs to get in your blood stream and it cant though your skin but theh again i havent tryed it.PLUR

LSD most certainly can get into your blood stream across your skin - it would just need to be in sufficient quantity.
And as far as the guy running with the acid in his pockets through sprinklers theme... The movie that made it big was "SLC Punk" - pretty cool flick actually.
Thinking back on Hofmann's (Mankind's) first trip...AKA "Bicycle Day", I am still absolutely awestruck and deeply thankful that this scientist who inadvertantly dosed himself EVER decided that what had happened to him was a good thing... and that LSD-25 wasn't just some neurotoxic compound that had caused hovoc in his brain. I can't decide whether his second experience was bravery or just flat out idiocy.
As wonderful as the experience might have been for Dr. Hofmann(and it is blessing to all that enjoy this compound that he didn't have a bad trip!) I don't know if I would have ever touched it again. Maybe in my old age.
SG

Originally posted by brazilian vibe:
and remember hendrix used lsd under his bandana..
please provide a reputable source for this. i've done tons of reading on hendrix and have never seen this verified in even pulp trash books, nor has it been mentioned in any interviews i've seen with people who knew him/played with him.
actually it seems like the typical person who says this is a stupid teenager.

As Murple said, the best (and only way that I can think) way to absorb LSD through the skin would be to use a solvent that is readily absorbable through the skin, such as DMSO. Of course, DMSO has it's own set of problems (it tends to absorbs some of the things on your skin, which can lead to other problems), but it should be done.

Originally posted by Sebastians_ghost:
Thinking back on Hofmann's (Mankind's) first trip...AKA "Bicycle Day
Bicycle Day was his second trip, where he dosed himself on purpose.

^
|
Semantics, my dear MGS...Hofmann's first experience with LSD was a mistake. The first time he "intentionally tripped" on LSD was "Bicycle Day".
Damn.. you steppin' to me, beatch??!??!? ;)
SG

Most likely the more lipophilic base form of LSD could be absorbed through skin, but not the water-soluble salt form. For example amphetamine base can also be absorbed through skin (see Hartvig P. Skin absorption of Dexamphetamine base--a case report. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1998 54(9-10):805-7).

hmm... it's wprked for me before... I had one square of paper on my hand which was meant for a freind... it took me about 20mins to find my freind and by the time i found him my arm had a slight tingle... my freind then ate said piece of paper...
I ended up tripping mildly, my freind not at all... ha haha...
I've heard through another freind that his brother once put a tab of acid on his eye lid and tripped extremely hard, although i do not know the validity of this situation...
***Brazzilain Vibe: Hoffman did not invent acid... he was mearly on of, if not the first to test it's effects... LSD occured naturaly in Ergot...
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: stoopid ]