• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Skin Absorption

^No it didn't"
I beleive (although i'm not 100% sure that ergots contain lysergic amides or somethign along those lines, which are i think used in the manufacture of lsd, they aen't however lsd themselves.

Originally posted by stoopid:
***Brazzilain Vibe: Hoffman did not invent acid... he was mearly on of, if not the first to test it's effects... LSD occured naturaly in Ergot...
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: stoopid ]

Ok, I've been criticized before for being to harsh in my attempts to correct people who post misinformation.....so I'm biting my tongue on this one (real hard).
Suffice it to say, the above comment is absolutely false. LSD does not occur naturally in ergot (or in anything for that matter). Hedtwin is correct, ergot does contain the starting material necessary to manufacture LSD but it does not contain LSD itself.

LSD does not occur in nature. Hoffmann has said it was possible, but it has never been discovered. Whoever said it does occur is misinformed.
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

I have heard the myth about a guy trying to smuggle a sheet of acid into a rave by keeping it under his shirt and it got plastered to his chest because he was sweating so much and he tripped out of his gourd for a looooong time(i think hospitalization or incarceration was part of the story too). Of course, I heard this from a guy in a line to get into a rave heheh :)

with LSD there is a saturation point. once you've gotten to the end, there is no where else to go. taking 10 sheets of LSD wouldn't make a difference, well, perhaps in length.

^^ Yesh. :)
And afaik, all the stories about people absorbing mass amounts of lsd via the skin are bs. Just like the guy who thought he was a glass of orange juice (or milk, depending on the version) and thought someone would tip him over, or whatever.
Either way, from my understanding, you'd have to dump a vial or so on your skin for enough to absorb to get minimal effects. Just eat it. Or use DMSO and get back to me on how it worked. ;) *still wants to use that pint of dmso he has...*

To get back on track with this question, I think Skin Absorbtion is a lot less effective. In my glory days i had a vial, and thought to test out this exact theory. I knew perfectly what the effects of one or two hits was like from this particular bottle, so i put two hits on the vien below my elbow (on my arm joint i guess, whatever you call that =)
It was like taking half a hit. Luckily i learned a 3 dollar lesson that i can now pass on to future generations

There was a vial wrapped in tin foil and placed in a zip-lock bag (anti-light, anti-oxy, anti-heat deal). Seems that at some point the vial was tipped over and began to somehow leak onto the tin foil.

Two girls were dosing sweet tarts for ingestion. When removing the tin foil to begin dosing the sweet tarts they noticed the foil was wet - and they both got some on their hands and/or fingers. They both claimed to have a more intense trip than they ever could have imagined, to the point where it was potentially too much. So yes, it definitely is feasible to trip via skin absorption - though it'd be easy to assume that it's not going to be as potent as if you consumed the same amount orally.

So yeah, it was some good - so maybe in order for you to actually trip through contact it's going to have to be an insane amount or some very potent L.

Last edited:
my friend who is dead now told me that one time he was walking by a creek with a sheet strapped to his leg under his sock and he fell into the creek - he said that he tripped hard.. his unfortunate death makes it impossible for me to confirm..

my friend who is dead now told me that one time he was walking by a creek with a sheet strapped to his leg under his sock and he fell into the creek - he said that he tripped hard.. his unfortunate death makes it impossible for me to confirm..

Haha, cool. But posting this isn't useful to anyone on this forum. I posted 100% nonfictional informational as a response to the OP.

Haha, cool. But posting this isn't useful to anyone on this forum. I posted 100% nonfictional informational as a response to the OP.

Yeah, only 8 years late :p

Two friends of mine have had issues with absorption through skin contact. One had a bottle of LSD in his sock which smashed when he fell off his bike (didn't break skin). He was not the same person 2 weeks later.

Another spilled ~20 drops on his hand when trying to distribute liquid. He was a very seasoned trip head, but still came up within about 20 minutes, and tripped very hard.

I think we can all rest assured in the knowledge that LSD can be absorbed through contact with skin, but you're not likely to get many effects from handling tabs.

Good. Glad that one's cleared up.

Isn't there some story that does the rounds (I suspect it might be an urban legend) about some guy who tries to smuggle a shitload of acid tabs somewhere by sticking them to his chest under his clothes, only it rains outside and all the acid absorbs into his skin and he goes insane?
I'm pretty sure it's a crock of shit, (water tending to wreck LSD) but has anyone else heard that story or a variant?
I have heard the myth about a guy trying to smuggle a sheet of acid into a rave by keeping it under his shirt and it got plastered to his chest because he was sweating so much and he tripped out of his gourd for a looooong time(i think hospitalization or incarceration was part of the story too). Of course, I heard this from a guy in a line to get into a rave heheh :)
^^ Yesh. :)
And afaik, all the stories about people absorbing mass amounts of lsd via the skin are bs. Just like the guy who thought he was a glass of orange juice (or milk, depending on the version) and thought someone would tip him over, or whatever.
Either way, from my understanding, you'd have to dump a vial or so on your skin for enough to absorb to get minimal effects. Just eat it. Or use DMSO and get back to me on how it worked. ;) *still wants to use that pint of dmso he has...*

Yeah I have heard this.

The version I heard was a guy crossing the boarder or some shit. Sheets taped to his chest. Started to swet and get nervous.
The sheets absorbed through his skin and then thought he was an orange. Now he is always afraid of being peeled.

Good. Glad that one's cleared up.

Not quite cleared up, according to Nick Sand. "I made a solution of LSD in DMSO…" "…I painted it on my skin. Nothing happened." Quotes from him regarding his test about whether it could be absorbed that way. And I'm guessing his solution was extremely strong, since he was synthing it, probably much more potent than a normal vial.

I heard a story from a friend who heard it from another friend (so we definitely know this is absolutely, a hundred percent reliable and isn't exaggerated or just outright bullshit, amirite?) where a guy talking on the phone to a person he was going to give a hit of acid to was holding it between his fingers (not on the edges). When he gave the hit to his friend, the guy discovered it was bunk, while the guy that was holding it started to "feel weird." I wasn't told how hard the guy was tripping.

Isn't there some story that does the rounds (I suspect it might be an urban legend) about some guy who tries to smuggle a shitload of acid tabs somewhere by sticking them to his chest under his clothes, only it rains outside and all the acid absorbs into his skin and he goes insane?
I'm pretty sure it's a crock of shit, (water tending to wreck LSD) but has anyone else heard that story or a variant?

Or that punk kid selling LSD who ran away from the security guards and ran through sprinklers, so all the LSD in his pocket absorbed and he want crazy?

/SLCpunks. Great movie

./

It does absorb into the skin.
Years ago i made up 200 sugar cubes using 100ug per drop liquid; 2 drops per cube.
Not using gloves at the time i hand wraped each sugar cube in tin foil.

I felt like i injested 400ug and triped nicely. The time from start to finish was about 2 hours preparing and tin foil'n the cubes.

I washed my hand before i started the prep.
Cheers

well this issss possible. this is how albert hofmann discovered LSD, when he was using ergot, a grain fungus that typically grows on rye. the lsd was absorbed through the pours in his fingertips as he was working with it. itt was an extremely high dose. so idk if 2 hits is really gunna do the trick. if it does, it would be a veryyy slow process

When making LSD you can trip without even getting it in you. Its well documented among underground LSD chemists even wearing full moonsuits when cooking large batches you will start going on a full blown trip. Its some mystical stuff.