• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Promethazine and Hydrocodone

CB101695

Greenlighter
Ive got no tolerance to it at all does anyone know if i could get high off 15mgs of Hydrocodone and 25mgs of Promethazine?

If it's your first time I would not even bother with the promethazine just take the 15mg of hydro, promethazine will potentiate the hydro but in a way that's not really going to make you feel anymore "higher" it will just increase the sedative feeling. More than likely 15mg would give you a nice buzz, but i'm no expert doser!

I weigh about 135 only done hydrocodone syrup twice before and a long time ago if that helps. What if i mixed the hydrocodone pills with a cough syrup that contains hydrocodone? Or would I just end up overdosing because ive heard bad things about mixing syrups and pharmaceuticals.

At your weight and with your tolerance 15 mgs should have you feeling nice. Whay type of "syrup" are you referring to? Tussionex? If so each 5 ml dose is equivalent to 10 mgs of hydrocodone however its a time release suspension and also contains a powerful antihistamine which can be dangerousvin high doses. Like opiates said just stick with the hydrocodone pills and you'll be good.

The 15mg of hydrocodone ought to get you good, don't try and make things complicated or you might end up just ruining your high or overdosing and having a shitty time.

Down a glass of grapefruit juice and pop the hydrocodone & promethazine. While the promethazine won't really potentiate your hydro (unless you take a lot & mostly it will increase the sedative effects), it is good for keeping the itchiness away.

like someone said above, do not bother with the promethazine. It just makes you more sedated and I find it "clouds" my opiate high/euphoria. 15 mg is a perfect starter dose, you should be feeling pretty good.

I take opiates once a week and have tried many methods of potentiation. The best is grapefruit juice, it's the only one that actually intensifies the hydrocodone instead of just adding another element (usually sedation) to the high.

like someone said above, do not bother with the promethazine. It just makes you more sedated and I find it "clouds" my opiate high/euphoria. 15 mg is a perfect starter dose, you should be feeling pretty good.

I take opiates once a week and have tried many methods of potentiation. The best is grapefruit juice, it's the only one that actually intensifies the hydrocodone instead of just adding another element (usually sedation) to the high.

Yes! exactly how I feel! I'm not a big fan of mixing in the promethazine. Grapefruit juice is much better. I hate anything that like you said "clouds" my high/euphoria sensation.

15 mg hydrocodone is the perfect starter dose for an opiate-naive individual, however, as mentioned I wouldn't bother with the promethazine. The promethazine will add to the sedation, and prevent some of the histamine-release caused by the hydrocodone. Personally, I like the histamine-release effects, the itches and warmth are my friend. Also, you will want to get a taste for hydrocodone by itself before adding anything else to it.

Thanks for the advice, any other tips to improve the high?

I advise you do something very relaxing and non-physical if it is your first time with opiates or if you have no tolerance. Just lie down or sit down, and let the high roll over you. And it literally will. Some people find they don't get high on opiates, but they are subtle drugs even when they are intense. The euphoria is GREAT, but opiates can be an accquired taste. For any nausea, lie down.

I know this is an old thread, but first promethazine in my experience can cloud the euphoria of the hydro. Second, you really dont want to inhibit liver enzymes with things like tagamet or grapefruit juice; those liver enzymes help break down hydrocodone into hydromorphone (Dilaudid).