Does anybody have any longterm damages from abusing drugs?

lars90

Bluelighter
If you have been noticing any kind of long term which ones? And though which drugs?
Post your warnings and be warned!

also newly added if you know anyone with long term damages post a report if you like or if you stopped and had short term damages which lasted less then 2 years post it.

thanks in advance your helping <3

Also remember people long term damage is always realtive. Your brain can mostly heal it self so can your body. Everything can regenerate you just have to leave it some time. So for all those who have been waiting years for things to stop and are worrying it will never go away. It will you just gotta have enough time!

I go though and read every comment!

Last edited:
The one notice the most was after my abuse with ecstasy. I was in the rave scene from early 2007 to late 2009. Over the two and a half years, I had problems with controlling my ecstasy use, I rolled every weekend. After a certain amount of time, my doses keep increasing, and it was lost its "magic." I kept taking ever higher doses (think 5-8) pills in one night, and keep deluding myself that the magic that will come back. It never did come back, and I believe during that time span I have consumed between approx 400-500 doses of ecstasy. After a while there is no empathy, you just get the "speedy" effect, and the hangover is muse worst.

I ended up having memory problems, anxiety got much worst, my depression also got so much worst. I used to be an honors student in high school, and early college, and pretty much read the materials once and get an A on the exam. Nowadays I would have to read the materials over 10 times, and I would have issues with passing the exam.

After ecstasy phase I became a heavy abuser of amphetamines taking extremely high doses of adderall instant release think (150-230mgs) in one setting. Well I'm certain it had some effect on me.

After that my depression was unbearable, and anxiety was also a huge issue, I self medicated on opiates. I ended up becoming physically addicted to them, and ended up in 3 month inpatient rehab. Me before abusing drugs on a heavy basis, I was an intelligent, witty, and quick learning. I do not have any of those attrubutes anymore. I also had hobbies, and other interest in life apart from drugs... well even after getting clean I live a miserable existance, and all I can basically think of every day is " I wanna get high"

Nothing is life really matters to me anymore. The only thing that really matters to me and all I really think about is " I wanna get high."

It was my decision to abuse drugs, therefore all the negative effects that came with it, I have to deal with it. I don't blame anyone else, as nobody forced me to take drugs, and I don't blame the drugs. It was my personal responsiblity to be safe about taking drugs, and I have failed at that.

-PLUR

Yeah mate, I turn 27 today and feel I may never get over the mental illness which began as anxiety/depression at around age 11, which later on in my life has just been fueled by drugs, even up until today with some. (Note...mental illness is something that IS REAL and should never be ignored. It is a terrible and dangerous sickness which needs to be treated like any other!)

My advice would be to steer clear from benzos. I lived off Xanax, Clonazepam, Ativan, Temazepam, Diazepam, etc for years, and these really do affect you cognitive brain function after long term/high dose use, and they are also exstremely addictive. After about 6 years on benzos now, I am still taking Diazepam everyday for my anxiety disorder, because I cannot function without it.

Meth for me, yeah I loved it, but thankfully not enough to love it too much. I did however never find much negatives with MDMA ecstasy. (I haven't touched meth or mdxx for 2-3 years.

Codeine, Morphine, tramadol, Bupe, etc is alll different again. Once again, these opiate type drugs haven't effected me long term like benzos have.

So try and steer clear from benzos and please DO NOT MIX COMBINATIONS OF THESE MEDICATIONS. Please read their information before hand.

Yeah mate, I turn 27 today and feel I may never get over the mental illness which began as anxiety/depression at around age 11, which later on in my life has just been fueled by drugs, even up until today with some. (Note...mental illness is something that IS REAL and should never be ignored. It is a terrible and dangerous sickness which needs to be treated like any other!)

My advice would be to steer clear from benzos. I lived off Xanax, Clonazepam, Ativan, Temazepam, Diazepam, etc for years, and these really do affect you cognitive brain function after long term/high dose use, and they are also exstremely addictive. After about 6 years on benzos now, I am still taking Diazepam everyday for my anxiety disorder, because I cannot function without it.

Meth for me, yeah I loved it, but thankfully not enough to love it too much. I did however never find much negatives with MDMA ecstasy. (I haven't touched meth or mdxx for 2-3 years.

Codeine, Morphine, tramadol, Bupe, etc is alll different again. Once again, these opiate type drugs haven't effected me long term like benzos have.

So try and steer clear from benzos and please DO NOT MIX COMBINATIONS OF THESE MEDICATIONS. Please read their information before hand.
what ypu have sounds more like a pzchological illness i bet if zou mange to stay of drugs long enougf those effekts will go away.

im 14 and I have taken DXM 6 times in lower doeses second pletau and at first (first time ) first pletau. well I took it in distances from 2 weeks so pretty healthy if you ask me. I usally took 6 30mg capsels filled with powderd Pure dxm hydrogen. Well so I had a hangover and this is why i stoped. Because it lasted for 2 weeks and now im in the 3rd week going on to the forth and I still feel the side effeks of dxm. I can not concentate as good i drift of more i still feel a little very little drowy (its feels more positive though now not like if i were drunk without the swirl in your head) Today i felt it stonger again. So should i be concernd about long term damges I meen you seem to know about it pretty well.

this question does not just go to you but to anyone else who has a idea about this.

The one notice the most was after my abuse with ecstasy. I was in the rave scene from early 2007 to late 2009. Over the two and a half years, I had problems with controlling my ecstasy use, I rolled every weekend. After a certain amount of time, my doses keep increasing, and it was lost its "magic." I kept taking ever higher doses (think 5-8) pills in one night, and keep deluding myself that the magic that will come back. It never did come back, and I believe during that time span I have consumed between approx 400-500 doses of ecstasy. After a while there is no empathy, you just get the "speedy" effect, and the hangover is muse worst.

I ended up having memory problems, anxiety got much worst, my depression also got so much worst. I used to be an honors student in high school, and early college, and pretty much read the materials once and get an A on the exam. Nowadays I would have to read the materials over 10 times, and I would have issues with passing the exam.

After ecstasy phase I became a heavy abuser of amphetamines taking extremely high doses of adderall instant release think (150-230mgs) in one setting. Well I'm certain it had some effect on me.

After that my depression was unbearable, and anxiety was also a huge issue, I self medicated on opiates. I ended up becoming physically addicted to them, and ended up in 3 month inpatient rehab. Me before abusing drugs on a heavy basis, I was an intelligent, witty, and quick learning. I do not have any of those attrubutes anymore. I also had hobbies, and other interest in life apart from drugs... well even after getting clean I live a miserable existance, and all I can basically think of every day is " I wanna get high"

Nothing is life really matters to me anymore. The only thing that really matters to me and all I really think about is " I wanna get high."

It was my decision to abuse drugs, therefore all the negative effects that came with it, I have to deal with it. I don't blame anyone else, as nobody forced me to take drugs, and I don't blame the drugs. It was my personal responsiblity to be safe about taking drugs, and I have failed at that.

-PLUR

yeah i felt that dxm was getting weeker and weeker for me even after the 4th time. I know what y ou meen I feel the mental craving as well as you do but i have to say it has gotten better. how long have you been of drugs now?

I dont know if this really exsist but i have heaed of a subtance which should recreate destroyed brain tishues so dont give up your hopes. plus I belive the main part of your problems is that you think to much about it. If you dont have any hobbys get some. I went to yoga today what the hell? I know what you meen with you dont feel as bright as before i am still on dxm after 3 and ahalf weeks I still notice it in my body the fast heard beat the wierd dreams, the overreacting while having a wierd dream, the depresions and of corse the drowsyness. I myself in this state get scared aalot but what helps me are friends and e knowing of that many people are doing a lot worse then me I like tring my best to help them as well.

Like this one guy told me once. time heals everthing. I belive if you stay away from extacy and what not, you will soun find your self in your normal state but what do o kow im just 14. I decided I am gonna stop the drugs and study the recreation of lost or damged stucters sense i wanna help people because i feel I ow something for even getting in to this shit. Still thank you for your reply!

Not exactly by "abusing" drugs per se, but I have been taking opioids for over 10 years after a car accident, and am currently on Temgesic 0.4 mg, 6 tabs/day.

About two years ago, I noticed an extreme lack of energy, no interest in sex whatsoever, mood swings, hot flashes (no PMS, I'm a guy :) ) developing slowly, I noticed it first when I realised that I didn't think of sex, EVER. I talked to my pm doc who referred me to an endocrinologist. They tested my blood for everything (almost 10 tubes), and found that my testostestone level were very low.

The endo doc said that long-term treatment with opioids can cause low testosterone levels (Opioid Induced Androgen Deficiency), a form of acquired hypogonadism, and put me on testosterone replacement therapy (gel). It works well, I feel just like before, but it is a hassle to mess with the gel every day.

My endocrinogist said that this androgen deficiency among opioid users is quite common, so if you are feeling tired, have lost interest in sex etc., ask for a referral to a hormone doc!

I have a huge scar on my arm from a needle breaking off a syringe and getting stuck in my arm, had to have them cut open my arm and take it out, not pretty. Lots of track marks. Severe damage to my nose from snorting meth and cocaine, damage to my teeth from grinding them so much. And I'm sure I've fucked up my serotonin/dopamine levels.

I have a huge scar on my arm from a needle breaking off a syringe and getting stuck in my arm, had to have them cut open my arm and take it out, not pretty. Lots of track marks. Severe damage to my nose from snorting meth and cocaine, damage to my teeth from grinding them so much. And I'm sure I've fucked up my serotonin/dopamine levels.

wow you habe taken meth? let me ask you what does it feel like when your high? I just want to know why it is sp terribly adicting?

I had perfect vision until Mephedrone 3 years ago. Now my vision has blind spots, burned in images that create shadows of what I was previously viewing, moving peripherals. Stare at a clear blue sky? Clear what? I think some may call this HPPD? Some say they like it (PFFT!) because they're seeing visuals all the time. When it's ALL the time it's not visuals anymore x.x. Luckily those were the only long term effects I developed from that drug.

^^Also, Lars, try Erowid: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Methamphetamine.shtml for more trip reports organized according to experience level, combinations, good trip, bad trip, retrospective, etc.

Depression is the worst. I get anxiety every now and then but it's not too bad.. I just feel really uncomfortable at times and don't know how to handle it. I fucking sweat like a mother fucker even when its cold outside. I hate it. Prolly all the rolling i used to do. hah, but yeah.. all that PAWS bullshit. Oh, yeah and my cognitive function or w/e the fuck its called. I can't do math like i used to when i was in highschool. Short term memory loss... all that fun stuff. It gets annoying at times but i try not to worry about it

I'm not what I used to be, but I'm far better in other areas compared to the past. Progress is inevitable. We all started from zero.

wow you habe taken meth? let me ask you what does it feel like when your high? I just want to know why it is sp terribly adicting?

lars90 said:
Um I check in that section could only find worrys and stuff like that. where do you think ill find one?

Discussion of the aspects of a methamphetamine high is very likely to trigger someone seeking distance from those types of ancient and glorified memories. As badfish45 stated, this is not the place for that type of discussion; please take it to Other Drugs, Basic Drug Discussion, or Trip Reports.

We and those seeking recovery appreciate your cooperation with this request. Please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions; let's not de-rail this thread's direction by debating this particular issue. Thanks very much :)

~ vaya

10 years of pretty heavy drinking and 13 years of smoking weed left its marks.
The drinking had noticeable impact on my stomach and my ability to concentrate, plus it made me lose the only girl i've ever loved wich lead to even more drinking.
The smoking made me lethargic and sure did some damage to my lungs, i easily get out of breath.
It's getting better though since i stoped smoking tobaco and mostly vaporize my weed if i can lay hands on it.
Didn't succeed on cutting down my drinking yet though, it's seriously getting time.

From dxm i have experienced a loss of coordination, I lost my a lot of talent skateboarding, and having to relearn to do a lot of physical activities (a dissisociation of my muscles it seems, brain damage to the nervous system?)
I feel awkward in many social events due to an increase in anxiety and adhd.
Crushed self-esteem
Lost my child-like sense of hope and ignorance.

and never being able to be satisfied again due to discovering a syringe and an almost instantaneous MDMA rush and Opiate rush.

Drugs suck.

Yeah drugs have taken there toll on me over the years ,im almost 27 now ,i suffered from anxiety and depression from the age of 15 which lead to alcohol binges to go out socially ,then got into mephedrone and ecstasy and so on in my early 20s which i stopped last year and it all has defo effected my cognitive ability and made my depression and anxiety awful ,i currently abuse mild opiates like codiene and benzos for occasional relief and i still drink occassionally too! I live a quite miserable existence but hopefully things can only get better! I dont really regret using drugs but as youve said you have to expect the negative longterm effects to go with it! Take care;)

I would say mdma has made me slightly paranoid. Mephedrone has messed up my vision/possibly heart, if I turn quickly it goes all blurry. Tbh I know of a person who has abused drugs alot more than me and is still kind of smart but probably would have been alot more, and less mentally deficient had he not gone on epic marathon binges. If you are only 14 kid, you shouldn't even be thinking about drugs-leave it to the adults mate, good lad.

"My endocrinogist said that this androgen deficiency among opioid users is quite common, so if you are feeling tired, have lost interest in sex etc., ask for a referral to a hormone doc!"

After about 2 years of HEAVY pill abuse (barbiturates/opiates) I had no interest in sex whatsoever, so I'm thinking this causes lowered progesterone levels in women (one of the girl hormones that is responsible for sexual desire in chicks) Because of the fact I was GLAD it was gone, being single most of my life, it really wasn't much of an issue, in fact I'm grateful for it. Experiencing intense drive not being in a relationship, for me is just plain frustrating. The most damage had been the Tramadol which I quit 2 years ago, but no matter how much sleep, excercise I get or don't get-either way I'm tired all the time, and THAT sucks.

Two years of heavy opiate abuse and I'm certain I've fucked up my stomach. It's hard for me to eat anything without getting cramps and uncomfortable feelings in my stomach. Sometimes I drink tea, and it becomes hard to piss, painful almost. I get pains every now and again, and often can't eat much otherwise I get sick. I never had this problem before, it only started after I quit taking Opiates every single day. I was addicted for two years, straight. So it wouldn't be a surprise if that's the direct cause for my troubles.