• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV Zopiclone (Imovane)

mike_y13

Greenlighter
I read that some people abuse Imovane by injection. However couldn't find any other info on the subject. Was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to inject Zopiclone? Also, how it needs to be prepared? (I.e. Dissolved in water, does absorbic acid need to be added?).

I am not sure if the zopiclone in pills is a soluble salt or not. I can't imagine that any benefits you might get from IVing it would offset the risks - IVing pills is a dangerous business (see this thread!) and I really wouldn't advise you to try shooting zopiclone..

If you ever IV pills then it is essential that you use a micron filter if you want to prevent fillers/binders and insoluble crap from entering your bloodstream - they can get trapped in the small blood vessels in your lungs, causing a progressive and irreversible lung disease called pneumoconiosis/talcosis.

Standard IV practice should also be followed - only use the needle once, remain as sterile as possible etc - check the IV complications megathread for more info.

I really can't see that this would be a good idea though!

Related reading:
Micron filters
IV complications megathread

serious dangers like abcess, talcosis/silicosis, losing your arm, ... it goes on.
but i guess if you must... you first need to find out what the pill is soluble in -

http://www.drugs.com/mmx/zopiclone.htmlhere it says "nearly insoulble in water, ethanol, ethyl ether" what they do list as being soluble in you wou;d want no where near your veins...

just tick with oral administration for z-drugs and most benzos. its seriously not worth it via other routes.

That's all I wanted to know :) thanks. Just read that it was possible. Wanted to know of I could. Obviously I can't.

yeah obviously you can't, but IF WE COULD. oh my GOD. oh how i love lunesta. oh how it makes me so happy.