• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much Soma (Carisoprodol) is safe in a 12-24 hour period for someone like me?

Brian242

Bluelighter
Hey BL, I, as many enjoy the drug Soma. An indirect muscle relaxant. I've heard bad things where taking like taking six of these at once and going to the hospital. Since I finally decided to get my refill of Soma, so far today I've easily had 5-7 350mg generic Soma's with 1 or two of my Norco 10/325.

I started taking them again as I got my refill but they don't seem to work without Hydrocodone. And now after waking up at 8:30 in the P.M. I feel shaky, and kinda like a very mild Opiate W/D. What's going on? Should I take it easy for a day? All meds are needed but I also like a little "Bang" for my buck if you know what I mean.

My last dose was at 4:00 Central time and it's now 8:30 P.M. I have an Opiate tolerance, but not a Soma tolerance Well, I didn't have them for over a week because I forgot to get it refilled.

So how much Soma is safe for an 18 year old and 115 Lbs. to be mixing it with Hydrocodone to control pain?

Thanks, BL! Always helpful!

you definitely shouldnt take more than 5, as you are a pretty small person (115 lbs) and don't have much of a tolerance, also, combining it with opiates means you should take less of both drugs

basically you are wasting your drugs and punishing your liver. also if you took a bunch of somas and slept all day (which is what it sounds like you did) you should make sure you drink at least 5 tall glasses of water over the next hour or hour and a half, because you are going to get very dehydrated from sleeping for so long, trust me, I know from experience (with somas too as a matter of fact!)

what you need to realize is that just because you can't FEEL the medication, doesn't mean it's not working. There is a huge difference between getting some pain/muscle tension relief and FEELING your medication.

So in the future you should definitely not take as many as you took today. 7 is way too many for someone your size, you're just punishing your body and giving yourself an unnecessary tolerance.

How much does your doc prescribe you? Like what does your script say you should take? You should probably just take that. If I were the script writer I would probably say take one soma every 6-8 hours as needed (no more than 3 a day) and take 1.5 Norco 10/325s every 6-8 hours as needed.

just remember, controlling pain and being able to FEEL your medication are two different things. your goal is to do the former not the latter.

you definitely shouldnt take more than 5, as you are a pretty small person (115 lbs) and don't have much of a tolerance, also, combining it with opiates means you should take less of both drugs

basically you are wasting your drugs and punishing your liver. also if you took a bunch of somas and slept all day (which is what it sounds like you did) you should make sure you drink at least 5 tall glasses of water over the next hour or hour and a half, because you are going to get very dehydrated from sleeping for so long, trust me, I know from experience (with somas too as a matter of fact!)

what you need to realize is that just because you can't FEEL the medication, doesn't mean it's not working. There is a huge difference between getting some pain/muscle tension relief and FEELING your medication.

So in the future you should definitely not take as many as you took today. 7 is way too many for someone your size, you're just punishing your body and giving yourself an unnecessary tolerance.

How much does your doc prescribe you? Like what does your script say you should take? You should probably just take that. If I were the script writer I would probably say take one soma every 6-8 hours as needed (no more than 3 a day) and take 1.5 Norco 10/325s every 6-8 hours as needed.

just remember, controlling pain and being able to FEEL your medication are two different things. your goal is to do the former not the latter.

I had Scoliosis correction surgery a few months back so /i do need them in huge doses. They cut me open like 2-1/2 feet and put in two 2 foot titanium bars in with 12 six inch bolts so I hurt pretty bad but I take around 60-90 Mg Hydrocodone a day and if i'm just using Soma I have to take a lot like 8 to feel any relief but I take 2 Soma's every 8 hours and 1-2 Norco every 4 hours for pain

Nobody over the internet can tell you how much your body can handle. You need to start slowly and build you way up, taking multiple different, and non-consecutive days, to determine your ability to handle the chemical as well as distinguish tolerance from aforementioned natural dose requirements.

Go slow, be safe. Enjoy it more than one time. Good luck!

Also - I've read that due to its mechanism of action (lingering metabolites), that you want to avoid re-dosing for 6-8 hours after the initial dose. From reading around, I've seen that most people take 1-2 of them with positive / expected results. And to be a parrot - be safe and go slow!

110 --115. Sounds like a meeting of the Kieth Richards fan club ! Go easy on that crap. Try once a day instead of all day. Novel concept aint it !