• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocet + norco + tramadol safe?

Sweetlew

Greenlighter
Hopefully in right place

So I've been having trouble finding out if it's safe to take Percocet (5/325) with tramadol (50 mg).

I've taken Percocet once before (mistook it for a norco both 10/325 same color same bottle) and though I got sick (way to high, had a very small tolerance at the time) I was fine so I assume I'm not allergic or anything of that nature.

I've been on tramadol 400mg a day for about 2 years (back problem) lately my tolerance has sky rocketed and while searching for a new doctor I've been self medicating.

Anyways, had 2 norcos (10/325) around 12 pm, ran out, took my 6th tramadol about an hour ago. Will I be fine taking Percocet (5/325) I have 2, figured I'd half one, see if it's enough then go from there. It's 8 pm here, I usually need about 30 - 40 mg hydro to feel better/get high.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the great service this website does, it's Definately kept me from ruining my life in the past.

Normally it's recommended to take tramadol in between doses of norco or percocet and you probably should not exceed 400mg in a day. As for mixing the norco and percocet, you'll be fine they are in the same class of drugs just watch the amt of apap you ingest. At the lower doses you're taking, there should be no problem. Also, percocet (oxycodone) is typically rated as 1.5x stronger than hydrocodone fyi.

You should be fine. I've done this mix quite a few times; it's rather nice mixing different opiates IMO. Like the poster above me said, just make sure you don't ever exceed 4000 mg of tylenol a day.

BTW, if you enjoy tramadol, maybe you should ask your new physician to prescribe you Nucynta. It's chemically related to tramadol,but much much more powerful. From what I've seen, doctors are much more willing to prescribe Nucynta over products with oxycodone b/c it's believed that this new drug (Nucynta) has less abuse potential, despite also being a CII substance. At least that's what my pain management doctor has said

Ok, thanks for the info.

I also realized I just said I've taken it before without problems. I didn't really realize until I was talking with a friend. I suppose that doesn't mean it's a good idea though.

I've been browsing a lot and figured it was fine, most other sites are like yes its okay but a bad idea, or no don't ever do that, why would you need more than ibuprofen for anything OMGGGG!!! Figure it's better to be safe than sorry, I've seen many people OD being idiots just doing whatever, not about to be one of them (knock on wood eh).

edit: I'll look into that GabaKing, haven't ever heard of it. I'm thinking about getting off tramadol right now as it's become useless. It was weird I stopped for about 3 weeks (was out of state, doctor wouldn't approve refills.) then when I was back home it's been ridiculous all of a sudden. Thought maybe I needed to build it back up in my system or something but that was about 2 months ago.

In the process of getting a pain management doctor. Mine took me off soma finally (changed the schedule in California I guess). he said "its not worth getting it triplicated." Really? put me on vicodin (2x a day?) for a month then took me off and put me back on 200 mg tramadol a day. Finally said w/e I'll find a new doctor. Been seeing him over a year and he was usually pretty cool about things, tried me on about 9 muscle relaxers before soma, has given me hydrocodone in larger amounts before (for tempt relief after injuries to my back). Guess it's all part of the life though.

Last edited:
Yea I find that mixing norco and percs make for a great feeling as well. I've tried that nucynta a handful of times however am not too fond of it yet. Or comfortable quite frankly.. there are a ton of mixed reviews and it seems everytime I'm at the doctor, the rep is in there giving out vouchers and samples to the doctors. Ranks up there with tramadol so far, last resort for pain mgmt.

The risk with mixing Tramadol with other drugs is due to Tramadol's sub-profile as an SNRI. This means that drugs acting primarily, or much at all on serotonin should be avoided (other SSRI's, MDMA, LSD, DXM, etc). In general, opioids are dopaminergic, and thus pose no risk being mixed with Tramadol.

I personally mix Tramadol w/ Oxycodone nearly every day - and yesterday (first time w/ this combo) - I mixed a fair amount of heroin with it, and was in fact happily nodding from before noon until I went to sleep around 9:30 last night. As another poster mentioned - the additional hydro-/oxycodone functions primarily on opioid receptors (which Tramadol also touches), but doesn't effect the other parts of the brain that Tramadol effects.

Only do it in low doses.
I wouldn't go over 100 mg of tramadol with anything that lowers
Your threshold of a seizure. You also run the risk of respitory depression.