• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pot Brownies - First time - a nightmare from hell

I can relate with the op's experience. I overdosed on oral cannabis once and it was one of the worst trips of my life. The anxiety was overwhelming and incapacitating. People tend to underestimate the effects of oral cannabis. It usually is much stronger than smoking.

my anxiety i feel was brought out by a bad dxm trip....but dont feel it on weed anymore...

Same here. I probably had at least 50 bad trips on DXM.. it didn't matter cause once it was over, I was fine. But that night I smoked some laced weed, it sent me into a bipolar episode that I had to be sent to the mental hospital for a month until I was "sane" enough to leave. It took me 2 years to feel normal again. The mind is a horrible thing to lose. Let this be a lesson to all you psychonauts out there with mental health issues.. Maybe this will put the word "caution" in your dictionary if it isn't already there.

You just need to remember that you'll be ok and no one has ever died from a weed OD.

i think the reason people think eating pot is stronger is because they consume far more cannabis than if the were smoking it.

i used to add loads of skunk to olive oil, garlic and other herbs in a water bottle with the kind of lid that you pull up with your teeth were you drinking water from it, this allowed for use of moderate amounts and i never found it super strong compared to smoking.

if you put an eighth of keif into food and then consume a moderate amount of the food with no tolerance then what do you expect

If it was your first time eating it and you have anxiety. Why wouldn't you start at a lower dose? Or at least read other reports of people with the same illnesses. Sound like you needed to do more homework

i think the reason people think eating pot is stronger is because they consume far more cannabis than if the were smoking it.
I think that's one factor but also because it is enters your body alot more slowly and alot more gets into your body making it more sedating.

I think that's one factor but also because it is enters your body alot more slowly and alot more gets into your body making it more sedating.

yes eating is more efficient a delivery method but,

generally the faster a drug hits you the more it fucks you up i.e. crack compared to coca tea.

my theory on spliffs is that when they have a lot of tobacco in them they burn at a lower temperature than pure weed and that this vapourises less thc in the spliff from the weed that hasn't yet burned. this is why pure weed joints fuck you up and well packed very tobacco joints just aren't the same.

i do think that when eating pot unless you eat a lump that is the same size as one you were about to smoke there is a high chance of consuming far more than you normally wood. try eating a small amount like the size of a bong hit and see if it wrecks you way more than smoking, i bet it doesn't. this is coming from someone who loves eating weed big time, tho for me the high is all body high but very little head buzz. its kind of unsatisfying though slothlike

I can totally identify w/ the OP. I've had bad high-dose shroom trips, sickening mescaline experiences that lasted 14 hours and a recent nightmarish run-in w/ 6-Apb, and I can honestly say a bad pot experience is worse than ANY of the others.

Let us not forget the "mmm... brownies" factor in oral cannabis overdoses ;)

cannabis bread in a bread machine was the worst. hugely moreish, not very statisfying and you ended up eating loads of your pot and spending most of the time asleep or eating

I can totally identify w/ the OP. I've had bad high-dose shroom trips, sickening mescaline experiences that lasted 14 hours and a recent nightmarish run-in w/ 6-Apb, and I can honestly say a bad pot experience is worse than ANY of the others.

I agree 100%.

I've had bad trips on lots of other psychedelics.. but pot.. omg.. I have no words.

My trick with pot brownies is to always eat less than I believe I will need. Never want to spend a day face down in the couch. Know what I mean?

Yea iv gone through difficult mushroom trips as well, but when you take too much cannabis by eating it uhhhg the anxiety and thoughts it brings is just too insane. I remember making a home made edible with some friends, put a gram of dank in mine and ate it all. Went to watch transformers and i was tripping balls, felt like i was going to pass out i actually had to leave the theater. I was wobbling around the mall until a friend picked us up, panic attacks on weed are psychotic.

The part about drinking a half gallon of milk and then dropping it on the floor made me laugh. sorry. I know that can't have been fun at all. I remember when my dad found out I had been smoking hash, so he said I had to flush it down the toilet. So I did. But not before grabbing 2 chunks of it as big as I could manage to swallow and swallowing them with some milk and orange juice. Then I went to bed. I woke up the next morning because I was too stoned to sleep anymore. I looked at my clock and the numbers went blurry, then clear, then blurry again. I drove to school and threw up in 5 different places around the school before calling my dad and making him take me home. I slept for 16 hours.

Edibles... God damn, easily the most unstable psychoactive substances I have ever experienced. I can take a pretty nice dose of lsd and have a positivity and euphoria filled 8 hours of amazingness. A good dose of psylocin and I'm running around in exploration mode like a 10 year old.

But a little too much thc ingested... I'm driving home in my car while a very severe tingling sensation starts emanating from my core, as it reaches my knees and elbows it's almost enough to pass me out. I'm shivering violently the entire way. I get home and spend an hour or two trying to sleep while the most bright and unavoidable CEVs fill my field of vision. Thinking, and thinking, and getting pissed at myself, overthinking some more, until finally falling asleep at some point.

Oh the humanity!

I ate a brownie once that a friend gave me thinking "oh cool, this will be fun day, get a little stoned". OH..MY..GOD. 2 hours later i'm sitting on the side of the road in a residential neighborhood just inches away from calling the paramedics. I was convinced that the brownie had given me a stroke. I couldn't drive, couldn't walk anymore, could BARELY process a thought. I sat there by that road on the phone to my sister for an hour just getting slammed with wave after wave of terror. I could not believe what I was going through. I can't even describe how hard it was to hang on and to keep pushing through it. Every second felt like an hour. 3 hours of total fear and panic, no euphoric peaks or valleys. Just one paranoid thought to the next.
It was ruthless.

Thank god for my iphone, I was a able to figure out where I was and call a cab ride home. Came damn close to calling 911, damn close.

Oral cannabis can be severely psychedelic and intense. Without a cannabinoid tolerance, it'll surely induce anxiety.