• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suboxone withdrawl after 7 days of use?

Just because I'm not familiar with sub withdrawl. Can it happen after 7 days? I basically split a 8mg strip over a period of 7 days. I just want to be done with all this crap. Am I going to experience some shitty days? Is there anyone that has experienced just this?

Hey this is probably here somewhere but I can't find it with the search, Does anyone have experience with inducting sub via IV? I have heard if you wait long enough it doesn't matter which ROA you use and I have also heard that you have to take a sublingual dose first, which is the way I have done it. Any info appreciated.

What were you on before the sub?

Just because I'm not familiar with sub withdrawl. Can it happen after 7 days? I basically split a 8mg strip over a period of 7 days. I just want to be done with all this crap. Am I going to experience some shitty days? Is there anyone that has experienced just this?

You can start sub IV if you must, I'd recommend starting at the lowest dose possible and working your way up, paying close attention for signs of precipitated withdrawal.

Sub withdrawal does take longer to start due to the long half-life, but I'd say three or four days is the max, especially at lower doses like you're talking. After seven days, if you haven't experienced any signs of withdrawal, you're not going to.

Hi Peaceofnik
I don't believe you'll have any WD dramas at all... When I used to travel and had a habit, I would do same as you described, take a 18 mg of Subutex (2 8mg doses and a 2mg) and then take 2mg on day 1, 4mg on day 2, 6mg on day 3, 4mg on day 4 and the last 2 on day 5. By da valium as welly 6 I was fine, no withdrawals or anything. Although I did use a bit of valium and some mogodon for sleep too.
Hopefully you'll be fine! Best of luck :)
MG

Bioavailability question with Bupe/Subutex..?

Hi to all who understand these things better than I do!
I was just wondering, they say Subutex needs to be absorbed sublingually (under the tongue yes?) because if you just swallow it with water like a normal tablet it won't have as strong an effect... So my question is, what about all these people I know who crush their Subutex pills to powder and then filter and inject them? Are they getting any more of the buprenorphine than someone else who lets it dissolve under their tongue? And does the route of administration of a subutex tablet make any difference in terms of how long it lasts in one's system?
Would love to know
Cheers
MG :)

You can start sub IV if you must, I'd recommend starting at the lowest dose possible and working your way up, paying close attention for signs of precipitated withdrawal.

Thank you, I took maybe 1 mg sublingually first. This has been one of my easier transitions I'm assuming because I have started using gabapentin for when I have to wait to take the sub and it helps tremendously. So I can wait longer than I normally would, and the subs help even more.

Also, yes the ROA will affect bioavailability and half life. I have read somewhere that when injected it can decrease bupe's bioavailability down to three hours in some cases. I can actually attest to this because I do IV it and usually end up IVing 1 mg 2-3 times a day. Also just recently tested Negative for bupe on a urine screen about 6 hours after I had injected it (after being on it for three days already) Which has got to have something to do with the half life because I've been injecting it.

Im at .25-.50mcg of suboxone .a.day,and hoping to drop lower but.im finding it kinda hard to go below .25mcg.
But.i.have noticed that it.doesnt matter if i take .25,or if i take 8mg,i always will feel like i need to take more after 12hours or.so..not really sure why..maybe ot has to to with the ceiling effect being somewhere around 4mg..not 32mg.like most think or say.

And gabapentin reallu does help .u wait longer,that is if u can get any.luckily i have someone who helps me out with that ery night...sometimes i will save.a.few.so i can take a one or two.day.break,since.u.dont really feel the effects.after.3 consecutive.days.

Well I finally managed piss dirty again and got booted from my program. To be honest I hadn't been taking my bupe too often anyways. I got about a week's worth of oxy, and when it was gone, I did a quick sub taper. I am curious to see what kind of withdrawals I have, if any.

None of the ppl who used to be on here seem to be around anymore, but if anyone's interested, I'll keep you posted. If I can't stay somewhat clean, I may try methadone.

The ROA does affect bioavailability, and affects DURATION of effects, but it doesn't change the half life too much... To get really technical, it shortens it very slightly, but only because your body gets the bupe faster, so it starts breaking it down sooner. We're talking a matter of minutes though.

As far as bioavailabilities: obviously when you IV a drug, you are getting 100% of it into your system. Everything else is relative to that. When you take bupe sublingually, the bioavailability is only around 30%. So you are only getting a third of what you actually take. Nasal and rectal BA's are both around 50% for bupe.

Bupe is highly protein bound which is what makes the half life so long. Regardless of whether you shoot it, snort it, plug it, or take it sublingually, it will still bind to protein and the half life won't change by any significant amount.

Also, yes, the oral BA of bupe is only around 10%. So if you swallow it, you're barely getting any of it, only a tenth of what you would if you IV it or a third of what you would sublingually.

Last edited:
Well I finally managed piss dirty again and got booted from my program. To be honest I hadn't been taking my bupe too often anyways. I got about a week's worth of oxy, and when it was gone, I did a quick sub taper. I am curious to see what kind of withdrawals I have, if any.

None of the ppl who used to be on here seem to be around anymore, but if anyone's interested, I'll keep you posted. If I can't stay somewhat clean, I may try methadone.

The ROA does affect bioavailability, and affects DURATION of effects, but it doesn't change the half life too much... To get really technical, it shortens it very slightly, but only because your body gets the bupe faster, so it starts breaking it down sooner. We're talking a matter of minutes though.

As far as bioavailabilities: obviously when you IV a drug, you are getting 100% of it into your system. Everything else is relative to that. When you take bupe sublingually, the bioavailability is only around 30%. So you are only getting a third of what you actually take. Nasal and rectal BA's are both around 50% for bupe.

Bupe is highly protein bound which is what makes the half life so long. Regardless of whether you shoot it, snort it, plug it, or take it sublingually, it will still bind to protein and the half life won't change by any significant amount.

Also, yes, the oral BA of bupe is only around 10%. So if you swallow it, you're barely getting any of it, only a tenth of what you would if you IV it or a third of what you would sublingually.

But people have said IV suboxone last shorter for some reason, so are you saying IVing would be the best way to administer this if done properly? I mean I'm totally down for IVing it, I love the needles (sadly) but if it's only 30% sublingually and 100% IV fuck that's just common sense to go with the "get more for you money" route here. Especially if you are doing small amounts (<1mg) cause then there isn't much film so less inactive ingredients, right? So one could maybe start sublingually like 2mg and if they aren't stable IV about 1mg~<1mg cause the sublingual would be 30% and then the little bit that gets 100% would kind of fill the gap... hmm I might experiment with this.

Hey I'm new to blue light first post SWIM has been off 5.7mg zubsolv now for 93 hours and still cannot seem to get high off his DOC H. Much confusion about this response would be much appreciated

Hey I'm new to blue light first post SWIM has been off 5.7mg zubsolv now for 93 hours and still cannot seem to get high off his DOC H. Much confusion about this response would be much appreciated

We don't swim here, buddy. You should be in the clear, it's probably just shit dope, potency fluctuates you know? Plus how long were you on the zubsolv? Cause that could've heightened your tolerance.

I've been on zubsolv for a few months the past month I've been taking it every other day due to it's long Ass half life. I only did a 1/2 a bag I haven't been using that long only about a year and a half. Maybe il just try someone else. But suboxone/zubsolv can increase your tolerance for opiates?

Bunavail

I made the switch from Suboxone 8mg/2mg to Bunavail 4.2/.7 today and they gave me a discount card at the doctor for a free 14 day supply & 100$ off every month there after. They are really cheap where I got to, as well. They are the 4.2/.7 of bupe & naxlone, but because of the buccal tab it is supposed to be equal to that of an 8mg suboxone. The price is like 7.32$ before the hundred dollar discount. I am excited. I will be saving almost 100$ each month. Here's what the packing looks like. Ill post pictures when I open the next one I take tomorrow of the actual tab. I am very sorry that this is not in the proper location. I am new to this site... err and I can't figure out how to post the pics! Argh! Please somebody help! lol Its so new and there is abosolutely no pictures or information like there is for zubsolv, subs etc. I would love to add to this collective knowledge of buprenorphine. People should know their options. All of them. And Bio-Delivery is handing out half a month for free. Can't beat that. PLEASE HELP MEH!

Last edited:
Need to add Bunavail info to this list. I have plenty of pics and the info, is of course, easy to find to add to all this. Can't figure out how to put the pic in threads though. Please Help!

Does anyone else hate this shit? It feels like a chemical lobotomy- and honestly, I'd nearly rather withdrawal than be on subs. I feel absolutely no emotion and just depressed as all hell on it - I get enjoyment out of NOTHING. Of course, some people are going to say it's part of the territory with using opiates and my brain is just recovering, but I feel emotionally better withdrawing even than I do on bupe, because at least I can feel my emotions when I withdrawal. Something about bupe just makes me feel dirty, crappy, and completely apathetic.

Maybe your dose was too high?? It's common to have that feeling with opiates/opioids especially in high doses your body is not used to. Plus with a drug that doesn't act to strongly on the receptors causing euphoria all you would feel are the bad side effects since each dose just carries over into the next so therefore no euphoria or rush is ever felt.

Ive been on 8mg suboxone for 2 weeks. The last 4 days I've been nauseous and vomiting 2 or 3 times a day.
I dont know if this is opiate nausea or maybe from the naloxone? Has anyone else experienced this? Thoughts?
Likely to pass?

Vomiting and nausea are classic signs of taking too much bupe or any opiate for that matter. You should try half of that.
Know this is abt a month old but thought I'd throw in my 2cnts.

Alright dude, since I have tried this SOOOO many times I will give you the straight dope. No pun intended. To feel it you are going to need to wait AT THE VERY LEAST 36 hours. 24 hours you will feel extremely weak effects especially if you dosed 2 mg or more. If you were dosing .5 mg or under 24 hours would be sufficient as long as you were not on a maintenance dose but honestly dont waste your oxy, do the smart thing and wait a day and a half, 2 for the full effects. Sucks but its true. Bottom line is that once you start to feel withdrawl effects then you are ready to dose the oxy. This means wait until you can see your pupils, wait until your not constipated, feel nauseous, nervous, sweaty, cold chills. The more of these characteristics you possess the more likely the oxy is gonna hit you nicely. Take it from me, i wasted a shitload of 30s trying this.

from personal experience I found that this is straight bullshit. I constantly take less than 1mg sub and can feel the effects of a shot of dope very shortly after dosing. if you took like 8mg the night before I might want to wait a little, but 1mg and less ur straight golden. idk about using sub as a potentiator, but I know that you will def feel your DOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.