• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 questions:

I have a stomach disease that sometimes causes me to go to the hospital and have been there up to 4-10 days. The day I
am leaving I will get one last pain shot, for an example let's say I got a shot of Dilaudid (spelling) and I will wait at least until
the next day but sometimes I don't wait to go into full withdrawal mode when I take my Sub dose (hot/cold sweats, not
wanting to be around anyone, RLS, etc...) like everyone is supposed to do (or at least the first time I know it is like that
because I went through that) and instead what I do is I will wait 24hours and then take my Sub dose with a benzo and I
don't go into PWD that day or any other and this is what I did the first time I ever had totake opiates again and then
re-adjust to taking Subs again (which I have researched is the same thing that if one slips up or gets hurt or ends up having
something like I do, etc... you are supposed to wait again until you are in full withdrawal to take that first sub dose).

So pretty much every time now (I don't slip-up like oh I just feel like taking an opiate nor have I unless they were
administered in a Hospital) I just wait 24 hours (or once I start to feel that I am sweating or achy for no reason, but usually
no less than 20-24 hours/next day) and take my sub dose with a benzo and I am fine, is this weird? I only do it that first day,and then the next day I will just take my sub dose and continue on... Am I doing any permanent damage by doing this or evenanything wrong mentally/physically at all or do other people do this as well?

My next question was do people feel more...I guess the best way to put it is uncomfortable in their own skin and/or want to
rip their skin off? Obviously I don't mean seriously want to rip it off but just don't feel right since they started
suboxone/subutex, like for me I went from being so comfortable with myself to now I can't pee in public areas or I sweat for
no reason sometimes very badly and the 2 worst things is I will get this feeling like please nobody touch me and my GF takes
it personally which is like 75% of the reasons we argue/fight cause I won't be able be touched, have sex, cuddle, anything
and then I went from being able to grow out my hair and go weeks and months if I had to without having to get a haircut but now I have to get one every week literally because if I don't it adds to that feeling...I just don't feel like myself and this only came after I started suboxone. (I could go on about this feeling forever because it has ruined so many things in my life and
hopefully I am explaining it well enough for people to understand but if you still don't it is pretty much just this feeling of
anxiety where I can't be touched and I have to shower and I will get anxiety/panic attacks and then it of course just gets
out of control from there and I will have to take a Valium and that doesn't always work.

Sound like you may have anxiety/panic disorder...I dont think the bupe' would cause alot of the feelings you describe Do you take a prescibed benzo' or just an occasional one here & there ?

Took small dose of suboxone this morning...how long to wait?

I'm sure there are multiple threads on this but I couldn't find one to fit my specific situation. For the past two weeks or so, I've been taking small amounts of suboxone every morning...around 2mg or so tops. I took another dose this morning of 2mg. Now, it has been around 12 hours since my last dose. How long should I wait to be able to feel the effects of the oxycodone? I know it may take a day or two for the full effect..but yeah.

YeA you will feel it. It varies from person to person, which im sure you know, but i took 1mg one time and took my normal dose of opana About 3 hours later and felt it all if not more.

Many times i use about .2-.5 of suboxone as a potentiator.

YeA you will feel it. It varies from person to person, which im sure you know, but i took 1mg one time and took my normal dose of opana About 3 hours later and felt it all if not more.

Many times i use about .2-.5 of suboxone as a potentiator.

Yeah, it's possible that the full agonist can be potentated by a small dosage of buprenorphine, taken BEFORE the full agonist. You don't want to add .5 mg after you've dosed on oxy/heroin, or youll find yourself in precipitated withdrawal.

Not positive how your body is and how oxycodone will react but I find it extremely easy to get high when i am on 2mg bupe.. even if it's only 6 hours I can shoot a single bag of dope and get high.

Honestly i'll feel higher that 1st night i get high when I took 2mg bupe in the morning than I do the next day when i have no bupe in my system and dose.

Alright dude, since I have tried this SOOOO many times I will give you the straight dope. No pun intended. To feel it you are going to need to wait AT THE VERY LEAST 36 hours. 24 hours you will feel extremely weak effects especially if you dosed 2 mg or more. If you were dosing .5 mg or under 24 hours would be sufficient as long as you were not on a maintenance dose but honestly dont waste your oxy, do the smart thing and wait a day and a half, 2 for the full effects. Sucks but its true. Bottom line is that once you start to feel withdrawl effects then you are ready to dose the oxy. This means wait until you can see your pupils, wait until your not constipated, feel nauseous, nervous, sweaty, cold chills. The more of these characteristics you possess the more likely the oxy is gonna hit you nicely. Take it from me, i wasted a shitload of 30s trying this.

Well, once again I took a tinyyyy piece of a sub last night around 2:00 am and I just did a small line of Opana 40. I feel the effects of the Opana for sure...I'm obviously not sure if it's as much as I normally would just because it was a small line but I do feel it. Anyway, what do all of you mean exactly that taking a small bit of sub could actually make the Opana more potent? More details or proof? But yeah like I said, I haven't waited 24 hours and I still feel good. Just wondering if it's 100%.

i do 12 to 24mg of subutex in a day and i have to wait about a week to feel about 80% of the full effects of oxy

Anyway, what do all of you mean exactly that taking a small bit of sub could actually make the Opana more potent? More details or proof? But yeah like I said, I haven't waited 24 hours and I still feel good. Just wondering if it's 100%.

What they mean is low doses (1mg and under) may not cause the blockade effect, and if it does not saturate your opiate receptors there may be more room for other opiates to attach, allowing the other opiates to add to the opiate effects felt by the suboxone.

It may or may not work for you, but you have the best chance of it working if you have not taken the suboxone for a few consecutive days. Since the bupe has a long half life, taking it for consecutive days causes it to build up, making it more likely to block other opiates. Always be sure to take the suboxone first since taking it too soon after other opiates may cause precipitated withdrawals.

im 20 years old and have been addicted to pain killers since i turned 16 and it has totally ruined my life.. it started by just taking lortabs but now im taking methadones, opana, roxys or whatever i can get ahold of even H here and there when i can find it. i spend 98% of my money on pills and cant stop im miserable.. my buddy was prescribed to the strips and seemed to help him.. ive did a few of his and it does make me feel normal again without having a buzz. but i have zero insurance and i kno it cost quite a bit per month but still about the same i spend a week on shit.. i just cant save up enough money to go to the doc. i was wanting to kno if i got a credit card and went up to the doc with that would they help me.? i kno i could have the credit card payed off within the month so it didnt screw my credit. i just need to get my life back on track so i can save up money and get the hell out of my dads house.. and i didnt kno if i went up the doc with a credit card whatd they would say.. thanks

Yes they will definitely take credit :) When your doctors or pharmacists hang a cash only sign that's when you know your straight to get prescribed/dispensed whatever the fuck you want haha.

How to Quit Heroin - 4 GOOD Tips

im 20 years old and have been addicted to pain killers since i turned 16 and it has totally ruined my life.. it started by just taking lortabs but now im taking methadones, opana, roxys or whatever i can get ahold of even H here and there when i can find it. i spend 98% of my money on pills and cant stop im miserable.. my buddy was prescribed to the strips and seemed to help him.. ive did a few of his and it does make me feel normal again without having a buzz. but i have zero insurance and i kno it cost quite a bit per month but still about the same i spend a week on shit.. i just cant save up enough money to go to the doc. i was wanting to kno if i got a credit card and went up to the doc with that would they help me.? i kno i could have the credit card payed off within the month so it didnt screw my credit. i just need to get my life back on track so i can save up money and get the hell out of my dads house.. and i didnt kno if i went up the doc with a credit card whatd they would say.. thanks

There's a few tips I'd give anyone trying to quit heroin/hard opiates...

1) get on buprenorphine/Suboxone if you have not tried it yet. If you have and it didn't work, ignore this #1.

2) kratom/natural resolutions to opiate withdrawal, including exercise, diet, etc- can all have a huge impact on your success of quitting

3) get back into GOOD drugs like LSD or Cannabis.... fuck full agonist opiates!!! - Keep in mind this is coming from Captain.Heroin

4) learn to relax without opiates. If you need a once a week/month/year dose of xanax to calm down, it is worth it if it REALLY IS only once a month/year. Don't replace one addiction for another OBVIOUSLY....but.... it is wise to still have some REASONABLE form of anxiety relief. :)

Yes they will definitely take credit :) When your doctors or pharmacists hang a cash only sign that's when you know your straight to get prescribed/dispensed whatever the fuck you want haha.

LOL

So well said...

Lets say youve been on bupe 1 year + (but there is a lot of h usage too previously). How quickly do you tyhink one could go from 6mg to 2mg without suffering to the point where I have noticeable rls, etc..?

Fairly quickly!!

6 to 2mg is very doable.

I had a year long heroin addiction, then within a year of suboxone sublingual tapering (or IV use, I tend to forget what happened in that first year ;)) I got down from an avg. of 6mg/day to 2mg/day easily!!! And I NEEDED that whole first year to taper like that, some people can get down from 6mg to 2mg in a matter of 3-4 days max.

Last edited:
I see here and elsewhere people (and the FAQ) suggesting 1-3mg as a starter dose for someone with no tolerance. I have no opiate tolerance at all and I'm getting 3mg tomorrow, would 3mg be too much/too little to take sublingually? How high should I expect to get? Thanks :)

(PS the reason I'm asking is because nearly always when people mention the dosage they don't say which ROA they used, or they're referring to snorting it. I'm going to be taking it sublingually so I was thinking of taking the entire 3mg in one go, but want to know if this would be a bad idea or not)

YES do not under any circumstance take that much or you will TOTALLY ruin the next 36 hours of your life. Do not take more than .5mg sublingually for your 1st dose with no tolerance..or sniff .25mg. This drug is very active in <1mg doses.

Even 2mg sublingually I havbe seen get someone sick adn throwing up for a whole day straight. Put it this way.. 3mg would be a dose for someone who is a dope addict or oxy addict and needs to stave off withdrawals.

You can probably get high all day for a week with 3mg with no opiate tolerance by doing really small doses. It will look like a minute amount of powder but it WILL ge you high as FUCK/

I was IVing my Suboxone a little bit more often than I'd like to admit to, recently (was doing this every day for about two weeks. May not sound bad, but I've only been sober since the middle of December). I had an IV dope habit prior to this. I DO want to remain sober; that is not the issue here...

The "issue", I guess, is that I've realized that I enjoy injecting Suboxone! I don't even get a rush or much out of it, I just feel the need to do it. I am one of those recovering dope addicts that just CAN'T put down the needle. I have a compelling urge to spike up, sometimes so strong of an urge that I will shoot water. It's SO fucking strange to me, though, because I do not crave dope in any way! Has anyone else had this happen? I DID switch back to putting these films under my tongue, but I want SO bad to IV these!

Oh, by the way, I've been living in a sober living house for the past few days, and I refuse to fuck this up. I don't want to get kicked out cause I was IVing a Suboxone! That's not how I want to go! I want to stay here and be safe! Anyone got suggestions for how I can slowly teach myself to really put down the rig?

If you are IVing a maintanence dose i.e. not like a microgram dose to get high...it's just a waste IMO. Unless you really need to stretch your bupe out, you are wasting your veins (not to mention if not micron filtering doing even more harm). I had the same thing I guess when I started but then I realized how pointless it was.. it does not make you feel ANY better...and I would much rather have healthy veins for shit that gets you high then ruin them injecting bullshit pills that are just as effective sublingually.

Last edited:
I see here and elsewhere people (and the FAQ) suggesting 1-3mg as a starter dose for someone with no tolerance. I have no opiate tolerance at all and I'm getting 3mg tomorrow, would 3mg be too much/too little to take sublingually? How high should I expect to get? Thanks :)

(PS the reason I'm asking is because nearly always when people mention the dosage they don't say which ROA they used, or they're referring to snorting it. I'm going to be taking it sublingually so I was thinking of taking the entire 3mg in one go, but want to know if this would be a bad idea or not)

I'd take probably half of that. 3mg sublingually is a pretty big dose. That said, it's a lot easier to figure out a nasal dose, so I'd recommend snorting a small amount, like 0.5mg or even less.

I'd take probably half of that. 3mg sublingually is a pretty big dose. That said, it's a lot easier to figure out a nasal dose, so I'd recommend snorting a small amount, like 0.5mg or even less.

Remember if you sniff you absorb more than sublingual (like 2x in my experience). So if I were you i wouldnt sniff more than .25mg at MOST .5mg but thats pushing it. If you have no opiate tolerance 1mg sublingual can make you nausea sand it just takes the damn fun out of it ya know?

I'm getting film so unfortunately snorting it isn't an option. I'm also on the lighter side, and tend to have a slightly lower tolerance than most people for most drugs - with the exception being psychedelics. Would 0.5mg be a good dose to start then? I think given the replies I'd either split my 3mg into: 0.5mg, 0.5mg, 1mg and 1mg, or 0.5mg, 1mg and 1.5mg, or 1mg and 2mg.

I'm looking to nod if that's at all possible for someone of my weight with this particular drug with the amount I have - if that helps :)

But being that you it's your 1st time and shit I say just do a sublingual. Start small yo because you can always add more shit..but once you have too much you can't turn back.

Yeah, if it's you're first time, and you have no tolerance, .25 mg sublingual should get you pretty high, it's prescribed at lower dosages for pain, so it's not as small of a dose as it seems. Buprenorphine is a microgram drug, kind of like fentanyl- it just has a cieling effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.