• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, these generic Teva-Bupe-Nalox are much less acidic and strong tasting than the name brand, but I think I will be willing to pay the 2 dollars every week for the actual real thing once I got all those fillings done (at the pace that dentist is going, might as well take a year, he's the only dentist in his clinic and isn't even open on fridays, an annoying trend I see in all sorts of clinics these days, either only open in the morning for a very short time or not all on fridays).

These generics seem to be lacking something. Nah, I'm not falling into withdrawals which is good, but it's hard to tell it's even doing something. Probably because I went from 12 to 10mg. I always end up with a 6th day with very little or no "suboxone" at all. Which could be good in retrospect in helping my body accept 10mg, I'm not sure it has completely done so yet. My appetite went way down and I even lost close to 10 pounds, which isn't a tragedy, but I stock up on OTC promethazine and benadryl because I get nausea, don't know if it's caused by the reduction in dose, which is now since a month, or the generic pills themselves.

How's it workin out for you BBT?

Was just looking through the various bupe threads (im bored) and saw this as the last post with no update.
Hope everythings working the way you want it to!

-HOOD

no difference at all.. was at 16MG and went to 12MG for about a week and now been on 8MG the last 3 or so days and feel absolutely no difference. I am in no rush to drop but just looking to drop to get my sex drive back. w/ all the dope I've shot I think it broke my dick a bit but anytime I'd start to withdrawal or if I wait an EXTRA LONG TIME before taking my next dosage of bupe my dick is ready to ROCK.. ya know!? not sure if you need to know this much about my dick but its why I am dropping the way I am or else I'd be taking 24MG bupe!

no difference at all.. was at 16MG and went to 12MG for about a week and now been on 8MG the last 3 or so days and feel absolutely no difference. I am in no rush to drop but just looking to drop to get my sex drive back. w/ all the dope I've shot I think it broke my dick a bit but anytime I'd start to withdrawal or if I wait an EXTRA LONG TIME before taking my next dosage of bupe my dick is ready to ROCK.. ya know!? not sure if you need to know this much about my dick but its why I am dropping the way I am or else I'd be taking 24MG bupe!

Good Job BBT..! I've been reading your post in here, so I know your story some. I am too scared atm to drop down from my 16mg a day. I have tried to do 12mg, but I have pain issues, and need those extra mgs. I have many days where the subs don't help my pain at all, so I take gabapentin or lyrica when I can get them. Finally got my sub doc to give me 400mg Gabapentin t.i.d. ..not enough, so will have him up that next visit. He is pretty cool ..even gives me 5mg valium b.i.d. for TMJ.

my bupe. Dr. no longer scripts me GABA; I see my neurologist for the GABA and hoping he will go to Lyrica.

I am still scripted 16MG but made the come down to 8MG and feeling great; not sure if it has anything to do w/ the drop or maybe just having a few good days but seriously have been on top of the world the last 2-3 days - 8MG bupe / 1600MG GABA / 3000 KEPPRA. the keppra really has no effect, or at least not that I know of; its just something I use for anti-seizure and have been suing it for 3 years now.

I am happy to be dropping on the bupe, tho. I am in no rush to get off but been feeling great and confident in this whole recovery thing. sure, to the norm it may not seem like much but I havent seen or used a needle in close to 2 months; to me that is like a fucking lifetime, man. I dont know, things just seem to be great right now so ill go w/ it and be happy for a bit. if all shit comes to a hault and I am shooting dope again, then on well.. but for now I am off dope, absolutely loving life, and actually happy for the first time in 39392022yrs.

but I'd be even more happy if my Dr. makes the move to Lyrica, ha.

I may not be sticking needles in my arm anymore but I still want to eat pills and feel goooooooooooood.

Surprise this morning, the 2mg ones were now another generic, Mylans. Dear god am I happy that the 8mg's are still Teva's, which do not have a strong taste or feel acidic at all, so when I take 10mg, I don't have to suffer the HORRENDOUS taste of the 2mg Mylan generic subs, it's like they tried to add a meringue taste to the whole thing so it tastes like lime pie, which personally I love, but these are so bad in their artificial flavours that I will demand 2mg Tevas next week, fuck, I can't wait to get off this effin bupe and get on the 60mg generic OC's script my GP has for me once I am off the bupe. Makes me kinda sad that I know it will be enough to kill my pain issues, but not enough to feel awesome again, before the whole ORT deal (especially the original Oxycontin withdrawal from the market and the fact I couldn't find OxyIR/Supeudol at all either all of a sudden and all I could get was Dilaudid, so of course this guy who only IV'd very rarely, only for Dillies and HM Contins really, became an everyday IV drug user, and how life laughed at me when the day I got out of those 6 horrible days of inpatient methadone treatment start, generic oxycontins were allowed by Health Canada, on the very same day...fucking seriously) all I needed was an Oxy IR 20mg/Oxycontin 20-30mg, 40mg would knock me out, every 6 hours or so.

They have to reconsider that a medication being as strong when used orally compared to most other opiates which demand snorting or IV'ing (I haven't plugged ever since there seems to be no difference with that route for either hydromorphone or morphine, I know it for a fact since once a guy had the 3mg hydromorphone suppositories, and it wasn't as efficient to me as snorting 3mg) is actually a benefit and not a problem.

How long you must wait! The truth

Swim has been using for years back when oc first came out, he has also been fully experienced in use of sub. The fact is there is a blocker, even subutex! The bupe fills your receptors and when completely full allows NO other full agonist in, in other words if your blood is full of sub then you are not going to get high! Bottom line! Swim is a firm believer in a little bit of sub goes a very long way.....at swims best/worst he does 90mg of oxy to scratch his itch, when swim takes sub when he is low on funds just .5 mg of sub will suffice for an entire 24 hour period. That being said, if swim wants to dose oxy after he took his .5mg that morning or even if it's just a few hours later he can and will almost always get half the effect he would normally get! Point is there is another drug partially filling his receptors so when he shoots his fix he gets mild effects.....and he hardly ever takes subs at all, only when funds don't allow the more expensive and more sought after feeling....rule of thumb is, if you don't use bupe for maintanence and only to get by then you must wait a full 24 hours to get the full effects! Otherwise swim WILL feel his dose of oxy but only in mild proportion. Is it worth it? Not really, but all of us opiophiles know even knowing that we will only get mild effects is enough to make us go ahead and take a stab at it.....so if you took bupe and want to dose the same day, expect to feel half what you normally would and if you use bupe most everyday even at low .5 doses expect to feel almost nothing. Save your money and go to sleep and when u wake up then try........or take nothing swim has taught us to heart and waste your money, it's very simple and this is fact

You must be on something to revive a dead thread with a post like that.... Cut down on the stims dude

OK as you can probably tell from my screen name I have become somewhat of an expert on the art of partying. I spent 4 years on a MMT (Methadone maintenance treatment) program. To be honest it probably saved my life. After tapering off Methadone I decided to use heroin again. Long story short I used a Suboxone tapper to detox. Now I get high about 1-2 times a week. Not everyday but when i haven't had a piece of a Sub or dope for more then 2 days I experience mild withdrawal. Sometimes I have take 2mg or less of a Sub strip in the morning and 7-8hrs later can feel the full effect of an opiate. This morning I took 2mg of a Sub cause I was feeling like shit. At 3:30 I did 3 bags of dope and feel it. I am sure if I had waited a bit long I would feel it more. (Which is why I have 2 bags for tonight LOL) But not take Subs everyday I guess it doesn't have a chance to build up in my system, so when I take a small dose of Sub I don't seem to have a problem with it blocking my high. Everyone's body chemistry is different. So what works for me and/or the other people that discuss this may not have the same reaction on you.

if you take suboxone you will need to wait 24-36hrs until able to get high on opiates - unless you double or triple your usual dose, which is of course dangerous and wastefull and only raising your tolerance. you may experience some pain relief, you may ease the dope-fiend anxiety, but it is essentially wasted drugs that you are only using due to impatience with sobriety and not sickness.

this next sentence should be stickied to avoid the hundred threads per year asking this: wait until you are in withdrawal from opiates to dose suboxone, and wait until you are in withdrawal from suboxone to dose opiates.

Wait 24-36 hours after suboxone to feel it, but doing it right after suboxone won't cause pwd, but only have diminished effects sheet 12 hours possibly no effect especially before 12 hours. Only using suboxone after using a full strength opiate will cause precipitated WD

^that's definitely the case if you're on a high dose of suboxone/subutex, but when you're on 2mg, IME I was always able to get extremely high, even if I shot heroin righ afterwards.

I just snorted two 10 mg Opanas (the soft, yellow ones); and I took a quarter strip of sub yesterday and a little less than a quarter strip today at 6 am. It is now 5 o'clock pm and I can feel the full effect of the Opanas. I think it really depends on how long you've been taking subs, and also on the strength of the opiate and the method used. Opanas are probably the right opiate to use if you think you haven't waited long enough after taking suboxone. 'Oxy 30's don't have the same "punch-through" power of Opana 10's anyway I think, although I could be wrong. Either way probably best to wait 24 hours in general after using suboxone, but in the end it's your decision. Hope this helps the people who want to snort that 30 or Opana the same day they took a sub, lol.

Using Butran patches to taper off Subs?

So my guy I get my xanax from(and use to be my norco and roxi dealer...and klonopin and xanx, the xanax and norcos came from the VA and the Roxi 30s and Klon from a quack doc that was writing 15's or 30s to everyone in town, or well I knew 4 people, just in my circle) ANYWAY, after that doctor got his license taken away I was just left with Tramadol and xanax from this guy(the VA took his norcos away once they found out about the 30's.) Took him forever of going to a doctor to write hime 60 percs and 60 footballs, but he finally got in with a pain doctor that started him off on Butran patches. They are the 20mg ones, he's saving them for me because I told him to because after going to the doctor about the missed shot and them knowing about me being on Subs I'm worried they might have contacted the doctor??? Not sure if they can, don't know the doctors name but maybe they could find out through my insurance? Can they do that?? But will the butran patches help with tapering, I'm sure they do so thats why I want them even though i don't PLAN on tapering any time soon. How much do they release an hour? He said the doctor told him to wear them for seven days. Told his pain doc they didn't do shit(and they don't...I mean after being on 30's, percoets, and norcos for years...wtf is a butran patch gonna do) so he has been holding on for them for me. He is now getting 90 percocets from his pain doctor and his xanax from the VA, but the pain doc made him stop getting the Trams, he's older, vietnam vet. ANYWAY basically my question will these help once I get down to 1mg or .5mg of bupe when I decide to taper, or will it be too much bupe being released?

Well the 20mg patches release 20 microgram/hour. So you can calculate how long you want to wear it for tapering: 5 hours equal 100mcg equals 0,1mg of Bupe.
So I would wear it for a whole day if you tapered down to >1mg and then wear it for 12 hours only and so on.

Good choice, I wish I had these when I kicked my Bupe because weighin the crushed pill powder is a hassle and its easy to take more than you need during tapering...

i was told these patches are worn for 7 days - are you guys are saying these patches can be taken off, saved, then re-applied for up to 168 hours of total wear time? curious as a family member is supposed to start these next month since they've just been approved for use in CPP here in the USA... curiously as a "long acting" pain control along with her relatively small dose of oxycodone

Last edited:
Yes, they are worn for 7 days, my guy had put 3 on at one point becauase they were not doing anything for pain, said he felt a mild energetic feeling like tramadol when he did it, but it wasn't doing shit for pain. But yes, I have that question to, if you take it off can you put it back on??? If it doesn't stick after you take it off can you tape it on and have it still work?

There are instructions on how to apply (and maybe reapply) the patch in the BuTrans information and direction for use paper. You can find it online of course.

Ah, will have to look that up. I really just want these to have them, have a feeling they will come in really handy one day...but these are complete crap for pain from everyone that I know that tried them. If there going to give Bupenorphine out for pain they should have thouse Temegiscic pills that are in the UK(think that's what there called..) they come in like 250mcg per pill and you hold them under tounge, seems like that would be way better for pain than the patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.