• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question I have tried to figure out for so long lol but I finally think I got it figured out for me at least.. First off I used to be on bupe maintenance but lost my script a few months ago and since then I have been switching. Back and fourth from shooting bupe to dope (choosejv dope when it's in the budget lol). But I have found that between 1-2 mg of bupe will take care of my withdrawl s while still leaveing the door open for doing dope just 20-24 hours later. I also have a fast metabolism and shoot my bupe so this is a factor but since I've gotten into this routine I have felt zero blocking power from the bupe after 20-24 hours

Sounds like a good plan to me, I used to do the same thing.

Took a tiny slice of sub strip around 2 am && just shot 3 bags. Feel it as much as I normally would since tolerance is high. but when injected the little piece of sub felt like I was going to dieeeee got reaaaalll hot started perfusely sweating got real dizzy it was hard to breathe n full out panicked went in bed to lay down then had to throw up. do not inject subs && if u do def wait until ur full out withdrawing.

Took a tiny slice of sub strip around 2 am && just shot 3 bags. Feel it as much as I normally would since tolerance is high. but when injected the little piece of sub felt like I was going to dieeeee got reaaaalll hot started perfusely sweating got real dizzy it was hard to breathe n full out panicked went in bed to lay down then had to throw up. do not inject subs && if u do def wait until ur full out withdrawing.
That's the exact reason they include naloxone in suboxone, so idiots don't try to shoot them. Yesus...

There is NO good time to shoot it. Not even in full withdrawals.

What's your shortest time being on the suboxone program? I will be starting it any day now in detox (waiting on bed availability) and wondering what time spans people have needed it for. I know everyone's different but I'm a bit OCD with needing to know things upfront LOL
TIA!

take it for however long you need it; for me it kills all cravings and I feel absolutely "normal" all day long, every day. so it helps me a lot. I have no urge to use whatsoever and methadone never did that for me; same goes for vivitrol, which I understand is not supposed to kill cravings, but vivitrol was hell for me. suboxone truly saves me life compared to the other 2 so I have no problem staying on as long as I possibly can.

this is my 2nd time being on suboxone full time; first time I went 9 month w/o using but went from 16MG to 4MG way too fast over those 9 months and after a week on 4MG I had a needle in the arm again and ran hard for 3 years.

this time I started at 16MG 3 months go and I am down to 12MG and plan on staying on 12MG for a long ass time.

After about 90 days I felt I really didn't need it anymore but switched to methadone to get high again but if I had the itch to jump off could have.I have 4 yrs of clean time recently so very possible. If your receptors are in bad shape maybe 6 or 9mos. If your determined and not too much damage has been done you could do a 21 day detox.

I should start posting on these bupe threads, been on it two years now, was on 16mg until March(never took the 16mg, usally 8mg-12, sometimes 4mg then I just wanted to get high(not on Subs, but Oxy, Morphine etc etc) and started banging it since it cuts the half life DRASTICALY(NOT SUGGESTING AT ALL) but when doing that I could feel an opiate buzz buzz from the Sub, though a litte differnt, can't explain, not anything to rave about...honestly I have not done the program right except the first 6 monts, went on soooo many vacations with 15's and 30's and 100mg Morphines. I DO suffer from extreme anxiey and now its gotten to the point where I have to do something about it, gonna mention it to my doctor(i've never bothered cuz I thought the answer would be "NO YA JUNKIE" but I would be completly happy on 8mg a day(really 4mg since I plug but I want the 8mg so I can have extra in case something happens...if I didn't put some back I would have been screwed for 2 weeks because no appointments were open...but to my question, I never take it by mouth anymore, for a while I was IV'ing it to save some( I'm on a box from March now!, Talk about saving...) but just went back to plugging 4-6mg at a time. But what is the BEST way to get the most outta it besides banging???? Does the alcohol method REALLY raise the bio to 87 percent?? Or do you just need water to raise it to that much, I've heard differnt and would really like to know...If I cant get something for anxiety at this appointment, I'm going to Methadone, probly gonna start drama but whatever. While using full-agonist I never had such bad anxiety so I think done' will help in that department, and I plan to be on maintaince for a hot ass minute(the anxiety is crippling now..well not now, thank you gabapentin and xanax). But anyway, does the alcohol method raise it that much or do you just need water?

Last edited:
when u say banging you mean sniffing, right? you are telling me you got an opiate high from sniffing suboxone? you would sniff how many MG of suboxone and high an opiate high? never happened to me once; not sure what type of addict or addiction you had prior, but I'd shoot 1-2G's of dope a day, so even 16MG of bupe didnt really make me feel great at first but had to cuz I was going away, so I go used to it. since then I dropped down to 12MG and still feel no urge to use but my past w/ suboxone I'd shoot it, sniff it, do whatever w/ it and it never did a damn thing. the ONLY time it ever worked is when I took it the normal way. ill never understand how anyone can say they get high from suboxone; I wish life was that easy cuz I have a FOREVER supply of suboxone.

No, I meant shooting when I said banging...I wish I got the pills because I would snort those to save, but my doctor doesn't seem to want to give them to me...not because of abuse but because insurance usually doesn't cover the generics and the prices arent that much differnt anyway(sounds kinda bullshitty to me.) I didn't mean I get high off the Subs by banging it, BUT it does give me a glow (like 20 mins later I feel it kick in, get more energy, and going outside everything has that look...like ya know how everything looks better when you are buzzed??Cnt expain it really) But there is not really any euphoria, was just doing it to get the most outta my meds..now I'm gonna try to get down to 2/3 mg plugged if I can, but find it hard to do less than 4mg. Honestly I prefer plugged because it really isn't worth it to me to do it twice a day like that, would rather just dose once...but the lower ya go(as ya know) it does act more as an acutal opiate, and doing 1mg twice a day did seem to give me a slight glow...but do you know about the alchol under the tounge way? Browesd through the thread and some say theres no point just use water, but if that way brings it up to 87 percent bio I could see myself getting down to 2mg at most that way...right now just plugging though until i learn more about that method...

Edit: And when I was doing it that way I was doing it so I could feel 'good' opiates that same day if I wanted to like oxy morphine..fuck I coud even feel 80mg of Hydrocodone, though to get where I wanted to on hydrocodone it took like 120-150mg of it. But I'm trying to do right now, and am debating Methaodne because on Subs, well I keep trying to make it work but have had soo many relapes I think done' woud be better for me...not a high dose though was thinking 60, 80 at most.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am currently quitting my low dose (0,5mg) Bupe habit and am on day 3 maintaining with Kratom which will be empty after tomorrow.
Just 2 questions:

1. Last time I started puking heavily on day 5, wasn't able to eat for 3 days and my stomach was fucked for about 2 weeks (feeling sick after lunch and have to lie down etc).
Since it is my biggest worry, how can this be prevented? I have MCP-tablets and can't get odansetron.

2. And why is this phenomenon so strong at such a low dose and after a switch to Kratom for 5 days, which I also did last time? For example I never experienced any diarrhea, at all. The puking was the main symptom.

Thanks.

My bed at detox won't be available for another week and a half so more time for me to research all this stuff as I'm honestly scared shitless about detox right now.

What are the worst side effects you've had from suboxone?

Thanks all :)

My bed at detox won't be available for another week and a half so more time for me to research all this stuff as I'm honestly scared shitless about detox right now.

What are the worst side effects you've had from suboxone?

Thanks all :)
what you mean side effects from suboxone? youre going to detox for suboxone? or dope?

detox is easy, man. this your first detox and youre worried? dont worry at all; its just easy living, man. a bunch of people just like you in the same situation as you and going through the same shit as you. sometimes its good to have a few "days off", ya know.

Sorry my heads a bit scattered. Going onto suboxone for the first time, coming off oxy, codeine & Xanax. Thanks heaps!

Sorry my heads a bit scattered. Going onto suboxone for the first time, coming off oxy, codeine & Xanax. Thanks heaps!

you have nothing to worry about whatsoever, man. ur detox gives subs? so do you plan on just hitting detox and then leaving on nothing or seeing a sub Dr. and actually being on sub full time!? either way, its really not a big worry.. you should be absolutely fine.

what is your dose right now? using dope or just pills? either way, the subs will help you out and get you though it with ease; its when coming OUT of detox is when it gets tough.

and if I were you, and I was headed to detox to kick an opiate problem, I'd go w/ the other option and not subs - clonidine and librium might be better option for you; its always something I did because I was TRYING to KICK for good.. plus this stuff KNOCKS YOU OUT and will keep you asleep throughout. the suboxone will make you feel fine, but I always choose this to try and kick opiates right from the get-go.

Thanks heaps, I want my life back and off this shit for good. They're the ones who have decided on suboxone and I need to keep taking it once I'm out. I'll talk to them about what you mentioned and see what they say. Thanks so much again for your help <3

Less than a week until I'm in detox now and starting suboxone for oxy & codeine and back on Valium to replace the Xanax. Some days I sit here wondering if we are just switching one problem for another but I'm trying to trust that they know what they're doing.

Thanks again everyone for your support, you've helped me heaps <3

Hello all, I am going in for suboxone induction at 9 am tomorrow (last heroin shot was at 3 pm prior), and Im not sure that will be in enough withdrawal to keep out of precipitated withdrawal.

To put it simply, I am thinking of using naloxone before my app., would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.