• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best Rx Opiate for Oral Use besides OxyCodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
& my Opana script without insurance (Which I have) was over 1000$. Mark my words this is the only reason Doctors are switching everybody off OxyCodone. OxyCodone with no insurance, generics cost a lousy like 60 bucks for a 90 quantity bottle.

<NO PRICES. PLEASE READ THE RULES>

Either way, smoke week and forget the painkillers. If your 22 and cant imagine life without them consider what its gonna be like when your in your mid 30s like me, twice in and out of a methadone clinic, addicted to opanas but on the needle rather than oral and augmenting it with heroin. I hadnt taken a pain killer at all until I was 21 and that was vicoden. Was 24 before i took my first oxycontin and didnt realize there were better pain killers than morphine until I was 25. Was 26 before I snorted anything and that was a xanax. Now I work in long sleeve shirts in New Orleans in July when its 110 degrees to cover the track marks running up both arms from 2" inside my shirt sleeve at my wrists all the way to my upper shoulder, shoot opana until I run out, then shoot dilaudid till it runs out, then recently moved up from nasal and smoked heroin to IVing it too to make it the rest of the month until I get a new script. I didnt even drink in college, didnt smoke pot until I was 20, was an officer in the army and first got on pain killers for a sciatic nerve I couldnt function without having medication to numb. I was the text book example of the guy who would never end up where I ended up.

If you seriously can function on weed and dont need the pills do yourself a favor. Get the fuck off the pills. It doesnt get any better than it is right now for you. Your young, your body can bounce back and you said it yourself that you dont need the pills. Well, I dont need the pills for pain anymore but I sure as shit need the pills. Ive spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on pain killers, have collapsed veins, will likely die by the time Im 50 and all because I innocently went from one little tiny step upward to the next until there was no going back. The Methadone hurts more to kick than anythng Ive ever experienced and the reason I got back on the dope the last time was to kill the pain of methadone withdrawal.

In short, there is no easy way back once you reach a certain point. If your already a junkie then by all means lets talk about how to maximize your effects from what youve got because as a junkie stopping isnt an option. Its all about making the best of what you have which in my case is learning how to make an Opana last 10x longer which meant the needle. I know of very few opiate users under 25yo who cant still take the option to go back. Had I listened to people givng me advice when I was in my late 20s I would have never been here. But I have an IQ of 145, was a Cavalry Officer, graduated wtih a 4.0gpa and get paid 6 figures for what I know as opposed to what I do. I thought I was smarter than the next guy and that the rules didnt apply to me. Well, they do apply to me. And you. And all of us. Im not trying to imply your an idiot or too dumb or young and naive to make good decisions....im trying to imply there wasnt a textbook example of someone who should have been able to avoid the position Ive found myself in than me myself and yet here I am. The junkies I know arent living on the streets....theyre some of the smartest people I know. To their detriment and mine, we all thought we were smarter than that and that we werent subject to the rules that applied to everyone else. Sadly, thats not the case with us nor is it the case with you. Im asking you to consider the shitty existence Im living in compared to what my life should have been and realize you have teh opportunity to do something I didnt do....GET THE FUCK OFF OPIATES NOW if you dont need them. If you can get by on weed and are apprehensive about a change in lifestyle after 5 years of having your oxy's imagine thats your absolute best case scenario for a productive life and fight through the changes living without meds you yourself said you dont need. You can ignore me if you like but Id wager 95% of us serious addicts were "in control" of our addictions when we started out. The truth is no one is in control of their addictions or they wouldnt be addicted. Look up the definition of addiction for God's sake. Theres no such thing. There is only a lie you tell yourself to justify your own lapse in judgement so you can do what you want to do without feeling guilty. Im telling you from experience that leads to compromise after compromise until you suddenly have no control whatsoever.

If you can stop, stop. If you cant, get comfortable on these boards, get over your issues with nasal admin and learn proper IV tech. Your whole life is going to end up being one big opiate circle of get,use, crave, get, use , crave, die. And thats a fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: Nola, your an amazing person & in my prayers homie. I just re-read everything you wrote with my mom and some tears were shed. Your a good dude. The thing is, I feel like it would be more of a problem to not do them a couple times a month & at least "know" they are locked up in the safe. Do you know what I meen?
Im very sorry for you that you did not have the willpower to stop when you knew you were in too deep. Don't come at me like that just because you can't use opiates in moderation. As I said before, Degenerative Bone Disease is some hard shit to live with, I have at least 7 dislocations a month & need my pain medication at least 10 days of the month. I have been prescribed this shit since 16 & been living in hell with this bone disease fucked up my whole life, & I do not consider an addiction that when you have them, you have them, when there gone, they are gone. No "addict" will sit there sick for 2 days & just grin & bear & realize you play you pay. Im not an addict what so ever, I am a recreational user AS WELL as a legit pain patient (pain you couldn't imagine brotha). As I said before, if it wasn't for MMJ I defiantly would be right there with you brotha. Have you tried smoking cannabis or is it just not your thing? If you can "trade" your addiction for cannabis (& with the amount of money I have seen some spend a day, they could smoke an ounce to there face). It will be pretty much like trading an addiction for a harmless addiction, lots of people stop opiates then just become addicted to benzos. Cannabis is a life saver to those who let it be. And I understand what you say about the crooked Doctors prescribing Oxy Contin, but at the end of the fucking day, all of this medication hits the same opiate receptors. A true nasal or IV addict that knows there shit will take Opana over OC any day of the week, therefor they all have the same potential for abuse, it just so happens OC is the most commonly known pain killer & has become a 'Taboo' word among the medical industry. All I can say is 1 thing, if its this hard for me to use them in moderation (Always counting down the days until that script comes when there gone) & I have the kind of willpower I do, it truly is a fucking evil medication. I wish I was never prescribed this fucking bullshit. They should of prescribed me fucking cannabis at 16. Fuck the government dude. So fucking shady.

Last edited:
i dont know why you are preaching about shit that dont matter. you got a problem, take it up with your doctor. if he is not willing to help, get a different one.

so you have chronic osteoporosis. are you on any treatments for that?

and lets face it... you want to get high = you want to get high. stop sugar coating it.

Just a few things I wanted to point out.

You may benefit from having Hydrocodone. I know your tolerance would require you to take massive doses, but as was said there are rare formulations that have hyrdocodone without added stuff like Tylenol or ibuprofen. Also you could do a cold water extraction of vicodens and that would solve the liver issues and still be an oral way of consuming a painkiller. This works for percocets too. I'm not sure if your doctor wouldn't prescribe percs because he seems very anti oxycodone.

Also, you may want to look into Kratom. It may do nothing for you, but you might want to give it a shot. If you never heard of it, it is an organic plant which has painkilling properties and some have compared the feeling to hydrocodone and oxycodone. It is not as convenient to prepare, either requiring that you eat massive amounts of dried up plant leaves, or making a bitterly tasting vile tea out of it.

You might want to also consider making tea from poppy pods. That will have morphine and codeine in it.

Both kratom and poppies wouldn't be covered by insurance, but also do not require any prescription. They can get to be just as expensive as a junk habit.

You might want to seriously consider buprenorphine if you ever become sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I smoke weed daily. Dont think for a second weed will solve the problems I have once youve progressed to my point. Ive said all I can say to you. If you want to do drugs I cant stop you. I can only tell you where youre gonna end up unless you make some serious changes in your point of view while you still can. Balls in your court. I will say Id trade about anything to swap positions with you right now. Youthfulness is indeed wasted on the youth....

Alright, this thread has officially run its course. I'm going to close it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.