• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to taper off methadone at home

Well, as for methadone wafers, I wish I could get a few of those!! but I think it is quite difficult,if not imposible. In my city, when it comes to opiates on the black market,all you can find is either heroin or liquid methadone.That´s because over here, clinics only give you liquid methadone, and only in some very special cases can you get them wafers.In my case, when I had to travel to another country, they would give me pills, but only because of the ban on liquids when traveling on a plane and because I had been on the program for a long time and had never tested positive. Also, suboxone treatment is virtually unheard of in my country, at least as far as I know. Maybe if you go to a private doctor,they could prescribe you suboxone but from clinics all you´ll get is methadone maintenance treatment.
@rocketqueen: I agree with you about the legal route to get methadone, but at this point in my life, I think that would only make matters worse: Having to go to the clinic everyday to get your methadone,all those appointments with the doctors,etc.And the most important thing is that I "can´t stand" the people who work at the clinic. I live in a small city and there is just one methadone clinic, so it´s not as if you had plenty of places to choose from...
@maxim10553: I can´t say anything about suboxone because I´ve never tried it myself but methadone detox,from my own experience,isn´t that difficult. I did it in the past and can´t see why I couldn´t do it now.BTW,I´m now already under 30mg, actually I¨m taking approximately 25mg of methadone.

tapering off methadone,morpine, and xanax at home

HI everyone!
Well, I´ve been taking methadone since last December, which I buy from a friend because I´m not going to a clinic. It is liquid and I don´t really know for sure how much I´m taking and now I do want to quit but have no idea how to taper off . How should I do it and what should I use to measure the liquid methadone?

I need some advice.Ive been quitting cold turkey&now I see why you should taper down 1st!!!!!
ive been on methadone for 7years and bezos for 12 years...i ended up in the hospital yesterday.they tried to admit me because of my vitals but i left ama...
ive got like a 50%chance of getting a refill on methadon 60mg a day, next monday....
is it against the law(im in mi) for them to take it away because i teporarily lost my insurance??

@lizzie31313: Instead of asking that here, I suggest you start a new thread. That way, I´m sure you´ll probably get many more replies to your question, about which, by the way, I know nothing.