• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How can you make suboxone dissolve faster?

iSTONED

Bluelighter
I'm on 8mg in the morning and 8mg at night. I'm on the films. But I never seems to get all the medicine dissolve correctly. I feel like half or most of it just dissolves in my spit and then it's useless if I swallow it or spit it out. So is there any techniques anyone has for me to try? I've thought about dissolving half or 3rd's at a time. thanks.

I had the same problem when in was using the sublingual films. What seemed tonhelpnfornme was to put a few drops of water under my tounge before placing the strip then after it dissolves younwill still have a small amour of orange and I usually spit it out or wash it down with something like dr pepper to wash out the taste.

Hope this helps.

Rinse your mouth out with mouthwash. The alcohol will help, or so I've read on here anyway. I am inclined to believe it however (due to the effect on the membranes in the mouth).

brush your teeth and gargle listerine mouthwash before dosing. it helps me tremendously. the alcohol makes it absorb faster or so ive heard that on this site and i tried. seems to work for me. good luck.

Rinse your mouth out with mouthwash. The alcohol will help, or so I've read on here anyway. I am inclined to believe it however (due to the effect on the membranes in the mouth).

Alcohol does increase sublingual bioavailability of buprenorphine yes - but be careful as you will be getting a higher dose than you were before and this could be too much for you/upset your maintenance programme. If you feel that the buprenorphine is holding you and the dose is okay then I wouldn't worry about whether the full dose is being absorbed or not - what matters is that you are getting enough.

Im on the strips as well and what i do to make them dissolve faster is put the desired amount under my tongue then take a small sip of water. I let it sit there not touching it for a couple minutes then i use my tongue to scrape the remaining orange off my tongue and mix it with the water using my tongue as well. Works so well when im ready to spit it out my spit has no hints of orange in it.

brush your teeth and tongure really well.. dont smoke a cig for about 30 min. before you dose.. hold it as tight as possible to the bottom of your mouth.. sometime when your in front of a mirror look and see what motion movements of your tongue makes your veins flex the most so you can do that when your dosing.. also look up here the method the Alcohol solution method.. if you have more ?'s just PM me cuz ive been on suboxone for a couple yrs and im very good at getting the most out of each dose

Nah, just cut the strip in quarters and park a piece between your upper gum and your cheek. Listerene first, and brush! I have come to this decision after losing way too much bupe to excess saliva. sublingual is only good first thing in the morning cuz mouth is very dry, but I now prefer the ease of buccal placement!

I second CfZrx, you could also make a concentrated solution of water and everclear at 4 to 1, dissolve half your dose (because of better absorption, slowly increase dose if necessary) in about .25 ml of said solution, let a small piece of cotton absorb it and put that in your cheek. Doesn’t burn as bad as one would think an certainly doesn’t taste as bad as standard dosing. Use this method successfully for many months before tapering off and quitting with Kratom.

You don't need alcohol; disollving in water raises bioavailability; so disssolve it and put it under your tongue. Use 70 units / 0.7ml of water. Hold it for several minutes then swallow

Cimetidine and even large amounts of grape fruit juice help A LOT

Alcohol does increase sublingual bioavailability of buprenorphine yes - but be careful as you will be getting a higher dose than you were before and this could be too much for you/upset your maintenance programme. If you feel that the buprenorphine is holding you and the dose is okay then I wouldn't worry about whether the full dose is being absorbed or not - what matters is that you are getting enough.
Effie is right btw
Effie is right btw Iexcept you don't need ethanol, Zubsolv proves that

Last edited:
Heat your mouth up with hot water first or dissolve in water and snort it like I do