• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

ricardo08

Bluelighter
Haven't seen much UFC/MMA talk on here. Anyone follow the UFC?

47066801534680723498.jpg

Big fight on tonight - Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit - fight for the Interim Welterweight title. It's gonna be a war.

Condit FTW.

Tell me there are some other MMA fans on here!

Big MMA fan here as well. That Diaz-Condit fight should be ridiculous. Too bad I'll be on the road heading to some snow tonight or I'd hit a sports bar to watch it. I'm a Diaz fan by the way.

Big big fights upcoming from tonight through early spring. The Edgar-Henderson fight in Japan will be very interesting and the Tate-Rousey fight in Strikeforce is a huge fight to sustain women's MMA especially since Cyborg got busted. Then the HUGE Bone Jones-Sugar Evans title bout after that.

Bye bye pro boxing, your viability as a major sport is on life support.

I like MMA as well as boxing.

In fact I like boxing more but that's just me. I like watching the old fights. Muhammad Ali VS Joe Frazier and such. Classics. Plus IMO boxing is a much tougher sport. Statistically more people die in the boxing ring than in the octagon. Not trying to say MMA fighters aren't tough but it's just different. Boxing is different today though. The fights aren't as exciting since they changed championship fights from 15 to only 12 rounds. There is a reason they called rounds 13-15 the championship rounds because that is when you found out who really had what it took to become champion of the world.

MMA on the other hand has managed to keep things interesting.

My favorite MMA fighters are Georges St Pierre and Anderson Silva. A lot of people complain about Anderson Silva I've never understood why. The guy is the most dominate champ ever. Some of his knockouts are truly unbelievable. He takes the term Martial ARTIST literally. Quite possibly the best striker in the MMA world.

Ive done combative sports my whole life (Taekwondo, Wrestling) but for some reason I just cant get into MMA/UFC. I bet if I knew people that were into it I could get into it but meh. Most fights ive seen just end up going to the ground anyways which is boring to watch IMO. I do agree that both are much more entertaining than boxing though.

^IMO boxing isn't as good as it used to be in the old days. Especially in the heavyweight division.

Boxers aren't as willing to take risks anymore. Back in 50s 60s 70s even the 80s and early 90s with Tyson, boxers would literally give it their all. So you ended up getting tremendous give and take fights. Back in the old days the most admired boxers were fighters that could take a fucking punch as well as dish it out. If you watch any of the classic fights those guys could take tremendous amounts of punishment and still not go down.

Nowadays the best boxers are fighters like Floyd Mayweather JR who is an utter pussy. Don't get me wrong he is a very skilled boxer but he doesn't fight the best. He ducked Manny Pacquio for fucks sake! As long as the top boxers of today refuse to fight their best competition the sport of boxing is going to continue to decline.

Big MMA fan here as well. That Diaz-Condit fight should be ridiculous. Too bad I'll be on the road heading to some snow tonight or I'd hit a sports bar to watch it. I'm a Diaz fan by the way.

Big big fights upcoming from tonight through early spring. The Edgar-Henderson fight in Japan will be very interesting and the Tate-Rousey fight in Strikeforce is a huge fight to sustain women's MMA especially since Cyborg got busted. Then the HUGE Bone Jones-Sugar Evans title bout after that.

Bye bye pro boxing, your viability as a major sport is on life support.

and Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva will be great

Saturday's fight was brilliant. A lot of people disputing the judges decision but I thought it was scored well.. Condit executed his game plan perfectly. Even thought he seems to be getting a lot of shit for apparently running around too much... I saw it as merely avoiding Diaz's fury of punches up against to cage he seems to use to often. A well deserved win for Condit imo.

Silva and Sonnen will be good. It's been "verbally agreed to" according to Dana White.

Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans in April too.

Sonnen vs. Silva is expected to be in June in Brazil

and for the condit vs diaz fight I had condit winning rounds 1, 3, and 4. And then i had diaz winning round 5. Round 2 was too close to call. Either way Condit won on my scorecard.

I didnt see the Condit-Diaz fight but from all accounts Condit had a smart gameplan. Maybe it wasnt fun to watch as a fan but in the end, it is all about winning. Diaz didnt adjust and it cost him. There is talk of a rematch but Diaz should have to beat a top contender before that happens and then set it up pending GSP's return.

Next up, Edgar v Henderson.

^I got Ben Henderson. He looks unstoppable lately and i can see him finishing edgar something no one has ever done.

yeah i saw that. I think hes done with MMA for a long time now if not forever. He will most likely get a year suspension and in the post fight interview it sounded like he'd retire anyway to go to boxing. Now this just seals it for me.

that guy who compared SOPA/PIPA protesters to 9/11 terrorists isn't cool with people getting high?

Sanchez vs Ellenberger was good last night. Bit disappointed it was only 3 rounds. Seemed like Sanchez was getting comfortable towards the end of the 3rd, would have been an entertaining 4th and 5th.

Possible Ellenberger / Condit rematch too :)

no i want to see Johny Hendricks fight for the title not Ellenberger

I think Hendricks is the biggest threat to GSP

I agree. All depends on whether Condit agrees to fight anyone before GSP though. Not convinced he will although it's a pretty long wait till november so who knows.

I do want to see Condit fight GSP.. I think it'll be closer than people think.