• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

JDS by ko in the 3rd. I don't think we should underestimate Mir too much though. The moment the fight goes to the ground, if it does, Mir will pretty much destroy.

That is the big unknown in this fight though. JDS has not been taken down but we all know who he trains in BJJ with and Mir is making that a big deal. The fact is that we dont know how good JDS's BJJ/ground game is. We know Mir's ground game is solid but his chin is the question. Is JDS's BJJ good enough to keep the fight on their feet? Is Mir willing to be KO'd for a takedown?

the fight wont get to the ground cuz Mir has the worst wrestling in the heavyweight division. For years he has tried to improve it but he just simply couldnt. Mir has to hope JDS slips or something.

Mir's pre-match ploys failed. He gets pounded out by the better stand up fighter....again. JDS is for real and it appears only Cain Velasquez has a chance to beat him, in my mind anyway.

Mir should never get a title shot again unless he drastically improves his stand up by beating someone with superior stand up skills.

it looked like Mir gave up right after the immediate takedown attempt failed.

Roy Nelsons knock out was so well timed.

His overhand right is incredible.

Roy Nelson is one of my favourite fighters in the ufc, trains in his garage, epic tramp beard so you can't see his chin (which even if you do it won't bother him) big titties swinging everywhere while he knocks people out with massive overhand punchs.

love it when he knocks out those super lean ripped beach muscle dudes :)

keep it up big man

edit:

also got the TUF final tonight

Chiesa vs. Iaquinta

Predictions?

I really hope Chiesa gets the win but I see Iaquinta knocking him out pretty fast :|

Iaquinta in the 1st round via knockout

Last edited:
really hoping sonnen beats silva.

not because i like sonnen but because i hate silva

Supporting Silva just because I'm brazilian. I dont particularly like him...

Silva is the most exciting fighter around. Except for Jon Jones. They both have a different bag of tricks from the standard MMA fighter. I'm so excited for this fight today that I may wet my pants.

Silva by knockout in round 2. No fucking around like he did last time. When he gets an opportunity he will kick his head in till the death.

And Griffen to win against Tito. Although that fight will go the distance I think.

BBQ is ready, lets go!!!!

i don't watch ufc or anything but i was aware of this fight, and watched the press conferences and shit, good stuff

i like sonnen, he won the annual smack off title on jim rome's radio show, deservingly, dude had some hilarious material...he reminds me of SF giant's brain wilson, but not as awesome of a personality

a lot of fans were pissed off about him winning it, it's a big deal for rome's fans, but i'm with rome, he won because he was the best caller, had nothing to do with his celebrity status

Never thought for a moment he would win but it seems quite a lot of MMA fans get reeled in by Chaels unbelievable trash talking and abrasive UFC personna.

Chael's a smart guy and pretty hilarious too but when he's in UFC mode, its all about selling tickets and playing the bad guy. I'm not sure all the meatheads that watch UFC realise how similar it is to the old WWF, including my own meathead friends.

Good win for Silva, he's simply a class above the rest. He should retire now.

dude old WWF(1985-1993) is fuckin' hilarious, those interviews man....and awesomely cheesy enterance music(brutus the barber beefcake and big boss man come to mind)

youtube the best of macho man randy savage interviews for some cocaine fueled awesomeness

Some of the shit Chael Sonnen comes out with is fucking hilarious, complete and utter smacktalk(but thats all it is). Belongs in commercial wrestling.

Not quite on the same level of the Ultimate Warriors coke fuelled rants mind!!=D Hahahaha!!

Papa Shango, Million Dollar Man good old WWF. Legion of Dooms entrance was ace