Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2-FMA - An Update

Nov3

Greenlighter
I posted a short 'live report' up here recently of my first experience with 2-fma. I've used it a couple of times since then (mainly over the last couple of days), and i felt the need to give a kind of de-brief or more indepth look at my experiences with the substance.

Over the passed couple of days i must of gone through atleast 300-400mg of it, the first night a bombed about 70mg after coming down from 4-meo-pcp - worked just as well as before. Ended up re-dosing another 50mg that night, and maybe another 30mg in the morning. Spent the day lounging about and feeling fine (though i did have a couple of etiz). Usually after stims like 4-fa and mdma i wouldn't be up for doing them 2 days in a row, but with this there's so few negative side effects i thought, what the hey! So i dosed another 70mg that night.

What i have found is that the initial euphoria wears off after the first couple of hours, and even though you have a really nice clean residual stimulation for another couple of hours which you could be content with, you end up re-dosing anyway just to chase the first wave. Re-dosing works fine and you get the wave of euphoria you desire without any ill effects!

I also tried snorting it for the first time last night, my last couple of re-doses i done smallish 20mg lines - that initial glowy euphoria hits you faster and stronger, no slap, but your rewarded in a lovely gentle glowing way! I think this stuff has alot of potential for addiction because there's so few negative effects!

As for the high, the euphoria isn't overwhelming, the overal duration of about 4 hours is slightly too short for my liking (though this does have it's positive side as you don't feel you have to 'commit' so much time to it!), and i was hoping for a slightly lower dose range as it's a MethAmp analogue, but if you're in search of a clean-headed stim which feels gentle on the body - i highly recommend to try this! I'm trying to think of a good overall term for it, i guess "Bliss" would be a good street name . You won't get a slap, your eyes wont be rolling into the back of your head, but it's got a nice speedy stimmed feeling which other 'gentle' stims lack (such as 'sunshine'(MMAI?), methylone, flephedrone .etc.), and it has less insomnia/negative physical feels/edgeyness which you tend to get from the more 'buzzier/rushier' kind of stims (like Mephedrone, Butylone, MDPV, Meth .etc.)

I've just woken up for 6 hours sleep over the passed 48 hours and feel great! I had a couple of etiz before i went to bed at 3am this morning so that will be something to do with it i'm sure, but if i get as little crash as i have from the last couple of times doing this chem , well i shall be very content indeed.

I feel like i could spend every day on this and be content without the feelings of anxiety and/or physical symtoms you get from the 'pushier' kind of stims like meph. I used to think 4-fa was a gentle but nice stim, but i've now found it's gentler cousin (don't mistake gentle for weak, just lacking in negative side effects). 4-fa has FAR more euphoria, lasts ALOT longer, but also comes with that drawn out come-down and sometimes a weird heart beat if you end up doing slightly too much over the night. 2-fma has less euphoria, but a really clean, sharp mental euphoria which is very pleasant!

EDIT - As you can probably tell from the size of this post, i still feel as though i have some residual stimulation despite the 2mg Etiz and the 6 hours of sleep. It's a nice clean feeling though, not the drawn out feeling like on 4-fa.

Also may be worth noting that i noticed mild stim psychosis creeping in on the second night (after 30+ hours with no sleep and ~350mg in my system)

Thanks
Nov3 :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your review!

My stuff will arrive next week, so what do you think is a good initial dosage of 2-FMA to use it as a working/study aid?

Last edited:
if the effects are like you describe, then the addiction potential here is quite big... constant redosing seems like a surefire way to get one some psychosis....

any chance you can compare it to 2-fa?

Donald - I'd probably start with about 30mg for a studyaid, just remember not to keep re-dosing. I kept thinking the drug had worn off, but in reality it was just the initial euphoria fading away.

Kingme - Although the effects could be considered quite 'mild' compared to other stims (such as mephedrone or mdma) this is easily the most addictive one i've tried. Mainly down to the such few negative effects. Quite a few people have asked me what it's like compared to 2-fa but i'm afraid i havn't tried that one yet. From what i hear this sounds very similar though. Will update if i do get round to trying 2-fa at some point.

In my dosing people with 2-fma experiments (all knowingly and wanting it) the sweet spot seems to be 60mg. Unlike plain amphetamine the dose increase does get you "higher" although half of that dose increase goes towards extending the duration.

Its my fav stim of all time i wish i could find some research done with it. It is mentioned in the shulgin index.

There is not much info online thats very insightful about it,thats for sure... the cas and other chem pages linked on the wiki for 2-fma aren't great, i'd love to read what the shulgin index says about it.

The wiki needs some work as well, solubilty info (fully soluble at room temperature water , 77 degrees F FYI) and some updated info would be helpful . There isn't even an erowid page for this yet! We need one !

Could someone with a copy of the shulgin index scan in the page for this? Or even summarize the report... something. I want real DATA on the toxicity and half life and metabolism and affinity and all that. Pubmed has nothing either. I want to see how shulgin feels about this one...

-lenses

I posted a short 'live report' up here recently of my first experience with 2-fma. I've used it a couple of times since then (mainly over the last couple of days), and i felt the need to give a kind of de-brief or more indepth look at my experiences with the substance.

Over the passed couple of days i must of gone through atleast 300-400mg of it, the first night a bombed about 70mg after coming down from 4-meo-pcp - worked just as well as before. Ended up re-dosing another 50mg that night, and maybe another 30mg in the morning. Spent the day lounging about and feeling fine (though i did have a couple of etiz). Usually after stims like 4-fa and mdma i wouldn't be up for doing them 2 days in a row, but with this there's so few negative side effects i thought, what the hey! So i dosed another 70mg that night.

What i have found is that the initial euphoria wears off after the first couple of hours, and even though you have a really nice clean residual stimulation for another couple of hours which you could be content with, you end up re-dosing anyway just to chase the first wave. Re-dosing works fine and you get the wave of euphoria you desire without any ill effects!

I also tried snorting it for the first time last night, my last couple of re-doses i done smallish 20mg lines - that initial glowy euphoria hits you faster and stronger, no slap, but your rewarded in a lovely gentle glowing way! I think this stuff has alot of potential for addiction because there's so few negative effects!

As for the high, the euphoria isn't overwhelming, the overal duration of about 4 hours is slightly too short for my liking (though this does have it's positive side as you don't feel you have to 'commit' so much time to it!), and i was hoping for a slightly lower dose range as it's a MethAmp analogue, but if you're in search of a clean-headed stim which feels gentle on the body - i highly recommend to try this! I'm trying to think of a good overall term for it, i guess "Bliss" would be a good street name . You won't get a slap, your eyes wont be rolling into the back of your head, but it's got a nice speedy stimmed feeling which other 'gentle' stims lack (such as 'sunshine'(MMAI?), methylone, flephedrone .etc.), and it has less insomnia/negative physical feels/edgeyness which you tend to get from the more 'buzzier/rushier' kind of stims (like Mephedrone, Butylone, MDPV, Meth .etc.)

I've just woken up for 6 hours sleep over the passed 48 hours and feel great! I had a couple of etiz before i went to bed at 3am this morning so that will be something to do with it i'm sure, but if i get as little crash as i have from the last couple of times doing this chem , well i shall be very content indeed.

I feel like i could spend every day on this and be content without the feelings of anxiety and/or physical symtoms you get from the 'pushier' kind of stims like meph. I used to think 4-fa was a gentle but nice stim, but i've now found it's gentler cousin (don't mistake gentle for weak, just lacking in negative side effects). 4-fa has FAR more euphoria, lasts ALOT longer, but also comes with that drawn out come-down and sometimes a weird heart beat if you end up doing slightly too much over the night. 2-fma has less euphoria, but a really clean, sharp mental euphoria which is very pleasant!

EDIT - As you can probably tell from the size of this post, i still feel as though i have some residual stimulation despite the 2mg Etiz and the 6 hours of sleep. It's a nice clean feeling though, not the drawn out feeling like on 4-fa.

Also may be worth noting that i noticed mild stim psychosis creeping in on the second night (after 30+ hours with no sleep and ~350mg in my system)

Thanks
Nov3 :)

Well put. I only first tried it today and am just 2 hours into it. The mild "stim" psychosis you got was probably from staying up for 30+ hours, lack of nutrition and increased metabolism, etc.

Been taking this one daily for i think months now..... everyday. Nothing bad noticed. Actually, i prefer it to my vyvanse script. 2-FMA seems to have a "bonus" anxiolytic effect... the other day i was anxious and i IV'd 50mg 2-fma and instantly my anxiety was gone. Someone i know called it the benzo upper... I call it super adderall or perfecterall sometimes. Its more like meth - lite though.

The difference between this and 2-FA, i would say 2-fa feels better and is even smoother/more anti-anxiety, BUT its got a ceiling effect.. eat 50mg and try to eat another 50 and another 50 nothing happens... but yet you can redose when it wears off fine. The ceiling is just a little low for me personally.. also there's a small percent of people (like 10% maybe) that don't react well to 2-fma, but love 2-fa. Its a minority of people but definitely exists.. am curious why that is, metabolism differences in different people?

Been taking this one daily for i think months now..... everyday. Nothing bad noticed. Actually, i prefer it to my vyvanse script. 2-FMA seems to have a "bonus" anxiolytic effect... the other day i was anxious and i IV'd 50mg 2-fma and instantly my anxiety was gone. Someone i know called it the benzo upper... I call it super adderall or perfecterall sometimes. Its more like meth - lite though.

The difference between this and 2-FA, i would say 2-fa feels better and is even smoother/more anti-anxiety, BUT its got a ceiling effect.. eat 50mg and try to eat another 50 and another 50 nothing happens... but yet you can redose when it wears off fine. The ceiling is just a little low for me personally.. also there's a small percent of people (like 10% maybe) that don't react well to 2-fma, but love 2-fa. Its a minority of people but definitely exists.. am curious why that is, metabolism differences in different people?

I got nasty side effects from this. I got peeling hands and racing heart with paranoia after doing 70mg oral and two 35mg intranasally at +2 hour intervals. I loved being on it, made me very focused and when it was time for bed with my lady - very very horny and able to get it up. I just wish the side effects didnt happen. I ended up tossing my g. I am really weary about RC stimulants moreso than a lot of psychedelic RC's and was just like, a few bad symptoms and I am just not going to take my chances. A little jealous of your lack of side effects but these FMA amphetamines make me nervous. I have 4-fma in my collection and am pretty weary of taking it. 4-fa produced none of these effects after taking it. I highly prefer that to 2-fma

"perfecterall".. I'm digging it. Such a fitting name. Meth-lite indeed. I prefer it to meth myself... If I want to get high, I'd strait take 4-FA actually, even though that's a lot different in stim use in general imo.

"perfecterall"
=D, indeed! I like the name "Clarity" for it aswell, it kind of makes me feel how i imagine that drug from the film "Limitless" would be like!

Has anyone tried IM'ing 2-fma yet? I recently tried IM'ing for the first time (with Ket) and was surprised how easy it was! Would be interesting too see what the effects are like with this...

Yoyo - What's IV'ing like compared to snorting/oral? I'm guessing IM'ing would be somewhere inbetween?

Last edited:
I may order some of this today, havent had any amphetamine/speedy type drugs (except coke in speedballs) in god.... a long fucking time. And meths impossible for me to find where i am in maryland

How would you compare this to adderal? The only two stims ive tried besides coke are trying low low doses of methamohetamine like twice but ive done addersl a lot

Also im curious if this would show up on a piss test since im probly starting outpatient program soon for my heroin use (not entirely by choice but hey i need to clean up a lil anyways)

Has anyone tried IM'ing 2-fma yet? I recently tried IM'ing for the first time (with Ket) and was surprised how easy it was! Would be interesting too see what the effects are like with this...

I have not IM'ed 2-fma, but wanted to comment dosing RCs via IM injection. Intramuscular injections can be hazardous if the substance administered is not pharmaceutical grade. Contaminants and particles can get lodged in the muscle resulting in heavy bruising, tissue damage and infection. The main reason I do not IM RCs is because these risks, for me, outweigh the potential benefits. Typically, IM injection speeds up the onset (which happens between 5-10 minutes after dosing) and maximizes bioavailability, causing the experience to be more intense over a shorter duration. If I wanted a quicker onset than snorting, I would probably try plugging the substance before opting to IM the substance to minimize the risk.

That said, I just got a bit of 2-FMA today, and after an allergy test, decided to IV a small amount. I couldn't find a reliable source for an ideal first dose, so I started with 10mgs. I definitely felt it, but in a very mild capacity. There was no powerful rush, and the effects were only noticeable because I am familiar with the physical and mental profile of stimulants. About 5 or ten minutes later I decided to try a larger dose, this time weighing out 40mgs. This time, my dose was followed with a prominent rush followed euphoria, energy, increased tactile sensitivity, and put me in a typical stimulant headspace. I also noticed dry mouth and tenseness in my jaw. Nothing too noticeable or uncomfortable. About an hour or so after that, I decided to dose one more time with 80mgs. This time the rush was powerful, and built on the euphoria, energy, and tactile sensitivity. I haven't noticed my dry mouth or jaw clenching getting worse, but I did notice my heart beating pretty fast shortly after dosing. It has since slowed down.

Over all, I'm enjoying the experience. I find I am enjoying the body buzz quite a bit, which surprised me as the majority of my drug experiences (especially stimulant experiences) tend to be mostly mental highs. Usually, my body just isn't impacted greatly by a substance and I have to concentrate to notice a body buzz. It is also has a very small body load, with less negative physical effects than other stimulants I've tried (namely methamphetamine). Mentally, I am more motivated to perform tasks, and tend to get very focused on my current activity. I am a bit scattered when I attempt to multitask. My mood is light and euphoric. It is a bit more of a relaxed happiness than the pushy, fast joy that I associate with E and similar entactenogens. I also feel less tense and anxious than I typically would from a similarly stimulating dose of Adderall or methamphetamine. I definitely agree with yoyoman that it seems to anxiolytic.

While I tend to enjoy IV for the rush and instantaneous results, I am planning to try this substance orally and nasally in the coming weeks. I am interested in its potential as a study aid at lower oral doses. However, as you pointed out, the desire to redose may limit its potential. I also wanna find a good recrational oral and nasal dose. I am curious to know how these experiences will compare to IV administration of 2-fma.

I may order some of this today, havent had any amphetamine/speedy type drugs (except coke in speedballs) in god.... a long fucking time. And meths impossible for me to find where i am in maryland

How would you compare this to adderal? The only two stims ive tried besides coke are trying low low doses of methamohetamine like twice but ive done addersl a lot

Also im curious if this would show up on a piss test since im probly starting outpatient program soon for my heroin use (not entirely by choice but hey i need to clean up a lil anyways)
Jones-in_J, I do not know for certain but I would guess that 2-FMA would show up at an amphetamine or methamphetamine on a urine analysis. I have googled it, finding one case of someone claiming a positive result, with 2-fma being the only thing similar to amphetamine that the individual had taken. Other than that, the only thing I have been able to find is other people speculating that it would cause a positive drug test. Besides being chemically similar to amphetamine, and potentially having the same metabolites, it has also been suggested a positive reading may be caused from unreacted amphetamine present in the 2-fma powder. There were no sources given by anyone who was speculating. Either way, it is better safe than sorry.

Abusing research chemical methamphetamine because you're in outpatient for heroin use, sounds like a great idea.

sorry maybe one day i will be as cleab as your standards demand of me dexter i didnt know you had such expectations

The only worrying effect I get from 2-FMA is kidney pain/soreness the following day. I've tried drinking more water (I already drink about a gallon a day) but it didn't help. I saw one other report of kidney pain but have no idea what the link could be. I take 4-FA almost daily and have never had that side effect.