• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega] Cannabis and Depression

let me give you the chronology of my experiences and then details. i started not depressed(if my memory serves me correctly) when i started smoking at age 14. then weed was awesome on occasion and just gave me general enjoyment from time to time. 6 years later after smoking all day every day for 2 years it has caused some depression i believe.

for me the depression comes from the fact i was ok sitting in my room all alone smoking marijuana and not being social and getting any authentic joy, the only joy i got was after a fresh bong rip. anyway now im at a point where i only smoke at night and im active in my daily life again and i've been working out etc. basically its all about how you use and possibly abuse the plant imo.

**side note** i started using ecstasy and acid at age 18 after i had been daily smoker, i love acid to death and think its helped me. but i personally think the ecstasy (ab)use hurt me a little but now im only using once every 3 months

I have battled very deep depression for years now.

suicide and such has been a problem with me for a long time.

Indica helps me A LOT. Relaxes me and helps me sleep, and allows me to think more positively. Not very in depth I realize, but there is a blog section for a reason :X

Anyone ever get really pissed, depressed or dow if they dont smoke weed for 2 weeks?

Well I dont know what it was. But I went out with a wonderfull girl and I cant explain why but every time I smoke weed it seems to push up my self confidence for 2 weeks. Its been 2 weeks and I've felt so diffrent today. I was in a terrible mood and it wasent this kind of mode I can change it was something that was their and woundt go...

Anyone ever get things like this? I guess Ill just take a break for a few more weeks from everything and see how it goes. Have to stop anyways lol :D

good day :) %)

Sounds like it's completely unrelated to weed. Maybe you're just feeling down? People's moods change all the time.

Yeah I doubt that's related to the weed mate.

But if you feel drugs may be affecting your moods take a break anyway see how it goes. I thought weed was causing me some problems at one point but taking a month long break made me realise I'm just pretty up and down and the weed had nothing to do with it.

Well I dont know what it was. But I went out with a wonderfull girl and I cant explain why but every time I smoke weed it seems to push up my self confidence for 2 weeks. Its been 2 weeks and I've felt so diffrent today. I was in a terrible mood and it wasent this kind of mode I can change it was something that was their and woundt go...

Anyone ever get things like this? I guess Ill just take a break for a few more weeks from everything and see how it goes. Have to stop anyways lol :D

good day :) %)

I honestly dont fully understand what you are even saying. Your title asks if anyone feels down when they have not smoked weed in 2 weeks. Yet you say that smoking pushes up your confidence for two weeks...Do you mean smoking every day for two weeks? And now your depressed?

if so then why did you ask in the title if people get depressed when they dont smoke for two weeks?

Get your story together if you would like advice.

I

i become really manic for the first 3 days when i stop smoking pot and then it goes away. I've been off pot for 2 weeks now, and i'm purely taking a break just to lower my tolerance after smoking half an ounce in a week. If you're feeling weird a couple of weeks later, i don't think it's the pot :)

I went through a major bout of depression about 6 months ago due to an injury that left me unable to work for a while without pay. MJ was keeping it in check for a while then i started to feel it. I took a break form the pot for a couple of weeks to drop my tolerance a bit, and during this time got even more depressed, got back on the pot and i was all smiles again even though my situation was just as fucked up.

I believe there is always a reason for the depression, and if you can figure out what it is, you can resolve it. I think pharmaceutical companies would like you to think that it can be purely chemical so they can sell you their meds.

I believe there is always a reason for the depression,

If you mean a reason as in some kind of external factor, then I'd have to disagree.

Ever met anyone who's bipolar? Or anyone with borderline personality disorder? Shit, even some people with ADHD can experience bouts of depression for no reason.

If you mean a reason as in some kind of external factor, then I'd have to disagree.

Ever met anyone who's bipolar? Or anyone with borderline personality disorder? Shit, even some people with ADHD can experience bouts of depression for no reason.

Yes me. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 27, then bipolar unspecified type at 28, i was on meds for a while. I've gone through many bouts of depression and i realised there was a reason for it every single time :)

... unless you're taking ecstasy or other drugs which mess up your serotonin levels, then yes, the depression could be purely chemical

Yes me. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 27, then bipolar unspecified type at 28, i was on meds for a while. I've gone through many bouts of depression and i realised there was a reason for it every single time :)

Shit how come the bipolar diagnosis was so late? Were you dealing with it untreated for years?

Perhaps there's always a reason for it for you, but for me and others I know there isn't always a reason. External factors can always make it worse though of course. But I know people who've had no reason to enter an episode of depression but still have, it's usually confusing and difficult for them because there are no external issues to resolve and no obvious solution to how they're feeling. Postpartum depression would be a good example too.

Shit how come the bipolar diagnosis was so late? Were you dealing with it untreated for years?

My guess? Growing up he never got a professional opinion, let alone a diagnosis. Hit adult life, realized something was off the mark, made an appointment, got a diagnosis.

That's pretty much how shit went for me.

Here are my 2 cents after years of an 'on-again-off-again' relationship with pot. First of all, like others have said, it completely depends on the person. I know some people who can smoke all day every day and be fully functional, and others where it completely debilitates them. In my experience though, it tends to worsen depression more often than it helps it. For me personally it makes it worse.

About a year ago, my depression and life had gotten so bad that I hopped on a plane to Utah for 3 months of wilderness therapy in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't until I was completely removed from my unhealthy lifestyle and environment that I realized how much daily pot use was hurting me. I was already lacking motivation to do much of anything, but the pot only intensified that for me. I also found myself isolating way more. Staying away from my friends, family, gf.. and generally became way more introverted and anxious about socializing. It's like there was this voice in my head that every day said "smoke pot, you'll feel better." And while it did numb me from facing difficult emotions and facing myself, I always felt worse, greyer, duller, and less motivated after being stoned. I always tried to do interesting things while stoned, like making music, reading, thinking deeply, imagining it would enhance the experience, but I would just find myself unable to do much of anything other than watch movies and melt into my chair. It got to the point that life was complete shit if I wasn't stoned, and even when stoned, it was still bad. It became my best friend and my worst enemy.

After a year off pot, having tried it again, I will say it's fun once in a while, in the right context. But as soon as I got into daily use again, I realized how much it fuelled my depression. About 1.5 weeks ago I ran out of pot and I'm hoping to keep it that way for some time. Just not worth it.

If you're unsure of its effect on your depression, I'd recommend asking yourself how you feel right before smoking. Thoroughly check in with yourself. Mind, body, soul. Then ask yourself how you feel after smoking. And again after being stoned for 30 mins, an hour. Write it down. Be honest with yourself. If you find you're losing more than you're gaining from the experience, it's probably worth taking a good break.

I honestly dont fully understand what you are even saying. Your title asks if anyone feels down when they have not smoked weed in 2 weeks. Yet you say that smoking pushes up your confidence for two weeks...Do you mean smoking every day for two weeks? And now your depressed?

if so then why did you ask in the title if people get depressed when they dont smoke for two weeks?

Get your story together if you would like advice.

I
Well put it together. It pushes my confincence up when I smoke it put if I dont smoke it for 2 weeks I feel down again. Get it now bro ? ;)