• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

oxycodone..snorting vs. chewing and swallowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurse_Sarah

Greenlighter
i have done oxycodone several times. im about 112 pounds(runner) and i usually snort. last time, i snorted some and then i swallowed half. i have trouble swallowing pills so would i get an even better high if i snorted some oxy's and then i chewed and swallowed more? they are 5mg each.
what is the best way to get the high( not including smoking it--heard it is extra addictive)

Oxycodone has a better oral bioavailability (more total drugs get into your system) than nasal (this is known as area under the curve - AUC). However if you snort it you will get more of the drug all at once (called a greater 'peak concentration').

The best way to get high is then merely which you prefer. A longer high without a big peak (oral), or a greater peak for a shorter time (nasal). For pain management the better option is always greater AUC as it ends up with more total drug.

Smoking is not "extra addictive" however the rush will be even slightly faster than nasal which could have given rise to that label. Either way smoking (vaporizing) it is not a good idea as the particle matter of the pills will end up deep in your lungs which is bad news.

chewing-swallowing= %10-30 bioavailability
insullfation= %50-60 bioavailability
IV= %100 bioavailability

that's just pure science.

I think your numbers are a little off. IIRC oral bioavailability is higher than insufflated at 80-90%, insufflation ~30, IV = 100%. The figures I gave may not be exact as it has been awhile, but I know for a fact oral is higher than insufflated.

Edit*

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/266339-Bioavailability-Half-life-MEGA-Thread (for OP's reference)

"Oxycodone is well absorbed from OxyContin Tablets with an oral bioavailability of 60% to 87%. The relative oral bioavailability of OxyContin to immediate-release oral dosage forms is 100%." (from purdue's package insert for OxyContin)

Last edited:
chewing-swallowing= %10-30 bioavailability
insullfation= %50-60 bioavailability
IV= %100 bioavailability

that's just pure science.

As noted, this is quite off:

Roxycodone IR BA's:

Oral - ~55-80%
Nasal - ~40-77%
Sublingual - ~45% (not 100% on this, but I know it's the worst option)

87% is what I have seen as the highest end of the oral BA of oxycodone.

Nurse Sarah, I suggest crushing them and eating them. You could also do that for half the dose, and sniff the other half.

They are very tiny pills so I would be surprised if they give you trouble swallowing them whole, but either way, crushing it into a powder and taking it down with some water will take care of that.

^Exactly.

Oxycodone is the highest orally available opiate. No need to snort it unless you want a faster onset. As Tommyboy and others have mentioned, one option is to swallow half and then snort the other half.

87% is what I have seen as the highest end of the oral BA of oxycodone.

Nurse Sarah, I suggest crushing them and eating them. You could also do that for half the dose, and sniff the other half.

They are very tiny pills so I would be surprised if they give you trouble swallowing them whole, but either way, crushing it into a powder and taking it down with some water will take care of that.

Exactly. I like if somebody post something from ''real life'', not what we read and want speculate about. Important is how it really works, that's why I like your comment Tommyboy, because you speak from your experience - I went through the same and its true. Nice to hear real thing here :) you know.

Its important for people who start a thread and wait for ''helpful'' answer. Usually people answer with speculations and are posting links so then they can speculate even more so thread is dead, the person who's asking don't get anything from us (?) once it happened to me too I needed help and after long time only one person posted something ''real'' saving. We should know better - there are ''millions'' people having experiences /same or similar/ in this ''case'' but posting life experience answers here is not that common as we expect as it should be. I was surprised many times when I saw ''empty'' answers, but its ALL because people like DEBATE. /once they ''answer'' debate is gone - I understand, but people need help and usually they need it soon /that's why they're coming/ don't speculate, they want to know what to do for real/. Come on people - we are better than this.
I'm sorry I put this in this thread, but its something what's bothering me for long time and it just felt right to say it now and here. Since it went out of my chest I feel better and free to talk, so please feel free to talk to me too :p :) /Like Michael Jackson said *Its all for L O V E*/ :-D but seriously
Thank you for understanding, its just something I experienced here, maybe I was unlucky, but I feel it is part of every thread /not out of context but opposite, explanation/ so I hope this comment will stay here as one example - honestly I would put it to every ''conversation'' if it might help. But 1 is all right /for now/

From my experience - and I tried many ways how to make Oxycontin most effective - chewing and eating powdered pills is the best and its safe too.
It is stronger and works much faster /which was alway a big problem - discussed here many times as a ''hot theme'' - to do with Oxycontin slowly released tablets trying to turn them into an instant release and it works with powder. Easier than we thought (Now new brands called Longtec as oxy long release and Shortec as a short, instant release- now I'm getting longtec from my doctor/.
I was very surprised that it hit me so hard. Like - it came in a minute - I was nodding /usually nodding just with high amount of oxy cos my tolerance is very high/ and felt warm and pain was gone - I tried snorting before, result wasn't good - unpleasant feeling in nose then I felt the rest is coming down from nose through throat to be digested while I was expecting some result which didn't come, so I stayed disappointed - then I wanted to try it again, I had it powdered but was lazy to do the rest and snort so I just eat it and took it down with coca cola and 'oh my' I was so high like I have never been that high before - the best feeling - something I always wanted but couldn't achieve - but because of this my tolerance is growing and I have to take days off :) .

So as you said - crush into a powder and eat and drink water to take it down will do the best job - whatever you want from oxy - make it stronger for pain, high or sedation, euphoria - it'll do it all.

About me and something for you: I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia (This diagnoses usually comes with Lupus - and it means constant pain, more that 72 percent of body is in pain - joints, bones, muscles, head, back, etc.... and if you don't know about Lupus then google it, it will help you to understand.) So because this diagnosed is pretty bad my doctor understands why I'm alway straggling with taking lower doses of painkillers if I'm constantly in pain and then I like to get high, of course, I need this sometimes if I'm in place where I am. I'm glad doctor knows everything about me.
I'm supposed to take 10 mg 2 x day, but I take more. I didn't talk about amount because I read that somebody here is taking 5 mg and its enough but not for me, so I don't want to affect anybody to think maybe they could take more. Don't think like that even its tempting.
You wouldn't like that feeling and it'd put you higher than pleasant high, not enjoyable at all but already building tolerance, for one bad experience? - shame!
As long as you can keep it down - 5 mg is amazing, I wouldn't even feel it, so well done Mr. - stay with it, I built my tolerance and its too high. My doctor knows I straggle so we try work on it but its difficult since I started take more than I should and so enough is not enough for me then :-( ah well I'm trying, but still - I don't need to do anything illegal to get what I need, its very important. I heard some people here are doing it and its no good but on another side I understand why. So you all opiates users be careful with building your tolerance, most of all, tell everything to your doctor, cos if not you are really in big trouble and you don't know about it if you think you are not - just till you do something illegal.... Try not to be on the edge, but still its better balance on the edge that fall. You can stop it before it happen, trust me I know what I'm talking about. I guess I'm lucky nothing happened to me, but also I am truthful and its important, it helped me and gave me so much. Be true to yourself and then to the others and every thing will be all right. Truth frees. Now I'am on safe path. Specially be true to the person who might help you, family, friends, partner, it can be your doctor who knows all about you and your condition.

Hi Nurse_Sarah. Tell me, are you getting high from 5 mg of Oxycontin or do you have to take more of 5mg tablets? From your post I understand that 5 mg is enough to get high. If yes, you are one lucky woman.
Anyway I have the best result if I crash the pill till I have powder, then eat it and take it down by water. It hit hard and nice :)
If you want potentiator then GrJ is good one. /I know you didn't ask, but its something it might help you to get high, but careful, take less of oxy if drinking grapefruit juice)
Take care and play safe. T

Crushing an snorting hits you faster.

That how I do them.

If you want to swallow them, then just get a razor blade or a knife and cut them in half or quarters depending on how big they are.

you didn't write what kind of oxy they are.

if they are perocets 5's with Tylenol in them..then NO don't snort those. it's way too much powder and the aspirin isn't good for you.

I'm assuming most Oxy 5's have some kind of acetaminophen in them. you said you have a tough time swallowing pills, makes me believe there is some kind of filler. if that is the case, i would just swallow them. [h=2][/h]

i just don't understand why bioavailability is such a big factor with everyone. take Adderall for example. the ba of IVd is 100 percent which is much higher than the oral BA yet anyone who has ever shot it will testify that the high is subpar compared to oral.
let's not forget that oral lasts much longer and the high even is all the more worth it.
Also consider liver metabolism. Say you Take the oxy oral, your liver is going to convert it into the more potent opiate oxymorphone. Of course this will happen with other ROAs but there will be different metabolite ratios. Say you swallow a morphine on the other hand.. The liver completely devastates it while shooting or sublingual might cause the chemicals to bypass the liver leaving more in the blood. With benzos you can swallow a Valium which is loaded with active metabolites or you could swallow a much more potent clonazepam which has a very high BA but lacks in active metabolite.
I tend to disagree how so many people look at the BA as the be all and end all of drug use when there are just way too many variables in pharmacology/kinetics for it to even mean much. The human bodies are all very different when it comes to enzymes, receptors, body weight, synergies, and so on and so forth.
I think that the post on human experience is extremely important and maybe even the reason for message boards like this. Big pharma knows that there is too much chaos to understand drugs based on numbers and mathematics so I wouldn't doubt that's why there are forums like this. Government and elite probably in all likelyhood are responsible for Bluelight so that they can stand from a distance and observe without interfering.
This is almost like the comparison of Newtonian physics vs Quantum Mechanics. Think about how important equations are in Newton's laws yet the observer, consciousness, and experience play a much larger role in Quantum. This may not seam to relate but look how many more breakthroughs have come forward in less than a hundred years from quantum than has tricked along with Newton over thousands of years.
Food for thought, let's see how long it takes to digest.

Bioavailability is important because it lets us know how much drug actually reaches systemic circulation. Either therapeutically or recreationally, one wouldnt want so little a concentration in the blood that no effect would be exerted. Of course things like Cmax and Tmax are important to know just how much bang for your buck you get, but it is hard to argue against how much drug is absorbed not being a big factor.

And I agree drugs that are IV'd (all drugs administered IV by definition have 100% BA) can have worse effects than those administered by other routes, but is that really surprising? If all the drug is available to perform its action and elicit a response, the effects can be overwhelming. But BA still tells you a lot about the possible response of the user. They would know a 100% BA is too strong, plain and simple.

Overall I agree comments on subjective feelings to a drug and real experiences with them often are far more telling to the curious than PK parameters. I would rather hear drug X made me nod out or I prefer snorting drug Z because it hits quicker than the relative bioavailability of drug Y is 67%. For oxy, I will always prefer snorting as it does hit me harder and faster and I can just up the dose a bit to make up for any loss from not swallowing them. But I am well experienced with it, and cution new users to tread lightly. But it doesnt mean things like BA are of no use to the casual user.

And Newton over thousand years? Brush up on your history. :p

Perfectly stated,
ive been looking for people like yourself, I suffer from complex pain syndrome, so I'm always on the look out for 'real' information not the 'truth' that some doctors don't necessarily give.
Honestly is the key, especially in formus like this, and for people who suffer not from abuse but medical reasons, trying to navigate the opioid sad reputation for abuse, as well as trying to integrate many methodologies to minimise the devestation over prescribing can lead to. I've been there and walking the labyrinth to my way out.
i have found meditation in lots of forms and after 3 odd years I now get the benefits of the practise, it actually touches my reward system in the brain, motivating me with no effort to meditate. I'm only a beginner but I'm in the third band, where I can meditate without being guided, lower my pain levels in the same way and be in a blissful place, which again adds to the reward system.
its a tightrope with many dangers, any one who reads this, please take it from someone who has been there that opioids for pain control, (methadone, why they persist in pushing this nasty drug really gets me jumping on them, it reads havoc with your personality plus many other side effects, which for me was most of them).
please please consider their use, yeah it ps great to high and hide away from the world or your pain, true healing will come to those who use many methodologies to find their path through their personal labyrinth of life.

cheers
Surfermide
Dave

I have never gotten high from any of them, I've been on percocet, percodan, oxycodon, Oxycontin, morphine and Demerol. I currently use a 100 mcg fentanyl patch that I change every 72 hours and eat at least five 20mg oxycodon pills every day. All of this is for pain. I've been on opioid for about 10 years now. I have snorted, chewed and swallowed, I'm not trying to get high just trying to keep the pain at a minimum. Snorting does get to the pain faster but doesn't last as long like the others have said. After so many years of this and from being prescribed to much ibprophin my stomach is not what it used to be. So instead of the occasional getting sick and tossing up my pills I now chew them. Seems to work faster then swallowing the whole pill and it lasts longer than snorting. Just remember that opioid will rot your teeth clean out of your mouth down past the gums. All I can say is frost bite is a bitch. I wish that I understood this "high" that people talk about. Then again when I smoke some of the green mire than a few times, the Hugh is lost on me there as well. Best if luck to all if you. I've stopped so many times it's easy for me, just not the fentanyl. That stuff has me by the short hairs and will never let me go. I made it 19 days once, didn't sleep for the first 8 days, after that my mind snapped and all I remember is the screaming and the pain. I won't try that again.

I've read on a new study tht snorting oxycodonr is actually 77-80% bio availability which was much higher than original studies not saying tht one should use any other way than directed by doctors

tony8: i've never been sure if it's a problem or just frustrating..I, too, have never gotten high off of any opioid; but, fortunately I DO get significant pain relief, and if i take too much I CAN get nauseated. Decades ago, before i ever needed painkillers for medical reasons i did "inherit" my mom's stash of hydromorphone after she had died. We were living in an old farmhouse with a v. nice farmpond for swimming, tubing etc. I gave my housemate 4mg and he found an innertube and floated blissfully for several hours. I took 8mg and, feeling bouncy, went out and ran 10 miles (I was/am something of a jock.) I don't think i'm capable of becoming addicted to anything on the "downer" side; i took klonopin daily for ~ 2 yrs and just stopped with no discernible symptoms. On the other had it would be far too easy for me to get hooked on just about any stimulant. Cocaine being the worst; i had to tell friends that i couldn't know that I was in the same room as someone with a few grams on their person. Even my daily dosage of coffee. After surgery recently I developed a severe headache a couple of days in...My wife pointed out i hadn't drunk my usual 2-4 cups for 3 days..And brewed a cup and THAT headache, at least, was history.

Status
Not open for further replies.