Bluelight

Thread: oxycodone..snorting vs. chewing and swallowing

1. Collapse Details
    oxycodone..snorting vs. chewing and swallowing 
    i have done oxycodone several times. im about 112 pounds(runner) and i usually snort. last time, i snorted some and then i swallowed half. i have trouble swallowing pills so would i get an even better high if i snorted some oxy's and then i chewed and swallowed more? they are 5mg each.
    what is the best way to get the high( not including smoking it--heard it is extra addictive)

2. Collapse Details

Oxycodone has a better oral bioavailability (more total drugs get into your system) than nasal (this is known as area under the curve - AUC). However if you snort it you will get more of the drug all at once (called a greater 'peak concentration').

The best way to get high is then merely which you prefer. A longer high without a big peak (oral), or a greater peak for a shorter time (nasal). For pain management the better option is always greater AUC as it ends up with more total drug.

Smoking is not "extra addictive" however the rush will be even slightly faster than nasal which could have given rise to that label. Either way smoking (vaporizing) it is not a good idea as the particle matter of the pills will end up deep in your lungs which is bad news.

3. Collapse Details

chewing-swallowing= %10-30 bioavailability
    insullfation= %50-60 bioavailability
    IV= %100 bioavailability

that's just pure science.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pana man336 View Post
    IV= %100 bioavailability

I think your numbers are a little off. IIRC oral bioavailability is higher than insufflated at 80-90%, insufflation ~30, IV = 100%. The figures I gave may not be exact as it has been awhile, but I know for a fact oral is higher than insufflated.

Edit*

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/2...fe-MEGA-Thread (for OP's reference)

"Oxycodone is well absorbed from OxyContin Tablets with an oral bioavailability of 60% to 87%. The relative oral bioavailability of OxyContin to immediate-release oral dosage forms is 100%." (from purdue's package insert for OxyContin)
    Last edited by ihatepipes; 30-01-2012 at 04:35.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pana man336 View Post
    IV= %100 bioavailability

As noted, this is quite off:

Roxycodone IR BA's:

Oral - ~55-80%
    Nasal - ~40-77%
    Sublingual - ~45% (not 100% on this, but I know it's the worst option)

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    87% is what I have seen as the highest end of the oral BA of oxycodone.

Nurse Sarah, I suggest crushing them and eating them. You could also do that for half the dose, and sniff the other half.

They are very tiny pills so I would be surprised if they give you trouble swallowing them whole, but either way, crushing it into a powder and taking it down with some water will take care of that.

7. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    ^Exactly.

Oxycodone is the highest orally available opiate. No need to snort it unless you want a faster onset. As Tommyboy and others have mentioned, one option is to swallow half and then snort the other half.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE