• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids dipping cigarettes in codeine/promethazine cough syrup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondine

Bluelighter
My friends have told me on numerous occasions that they used to dip cigarettes into a bottle of codeine/prometh cough syrup, let them dry, and then smoke them. They insist that it works and that you get a nice opiate buzz from it.

I may have access to some syrup with concentrations of codeine at 15mg/5ml and promethazine at 7mg/5ml, but it would take a little work for me to get a hold of it. I would only really be interested in it if the cigarette thing actually works. Does anyone have any experience with this, or can tell my why it would or wouldn't work?

just drink it...fuck that other noise...if u can get it dont waste it on dipped cigs...

The amount of promethazine/codeine that you will get from smoking will be microscopic. Add to that the fact that the codeine is likely to have terrible bioavailability, and you're getting, at best, a very small effect from the promethazine while wasting the codeine. The only redeeming feature is that the effects will be immediate, but thats hardly worth wasting the syrup.

Oral is the only real way to go. And then only if your opiate tolerance is low.

Even if you can get high off 15 mg of codiene, you'd have to let the cigarette absorbe 5mL of the stuff to get all 15mg in it.

This is an idiotic idea. You can't get enough codeine into a cig to get you high by dipping it in codeine syrup, and the smoke will be nasty as hell, and much of the codeine will likely be lost (by burning or being lost into the air). Anyone who thought it worked, it would only be placebo effect.

If you're hanging out with people who do things like that, you really need to hone your bullshit detector.

Yeah, do not do this. It will not be effectve, at all. If you want, use the syrup orally for recreation.

Now find ya some duragesic 100mcgs and roll ur smokes in that. I've found good times like that. But ya imo that shits not nearly concentrated enough

This is an idiotic idea. You can't get enough codeine into a cig to get you high by dipping it in codeine syrup, and the smoke will be nasty as hell, and much of the codeine will likely be lost (by burning or being lost into the air). Anyone who thought it worked, it would only be placebo effect.

^this. stick to drinking it.

answered and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.